Thread: Soooo you can just overinstall 5.0 on 4.6?

Default Soooo you can just overinstall 5.0 on 4.6?

I know you gonna close it but NO I can't find where in the readme it atually says this. My current 4.6 campaign is dear to me so I dont wanna mess it up by trial and error.
    If its in readme, pls quote it, in all caps is fine if needed.

Asmo

Put in 5.0. Its good enough. Oh put in the 1.2 first.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe that you need to completely unistall Rome TW and delete all files from the directory (backup your saved game).

Reinstall the new game, patch 1.2, install SPQR 5.0, then re-insert your saved game into the saved game folder.

Someone, please verify this for me

Heres on of the readme 5.0

Installation Instructions:
    ----------------------------------------------
    1. Make sure you have a clean install of Rome: Total War on your system
    2. Make sure you have installed the v1.2 patch for Rome: Total War
    3. Make sure you have first played Prologue BEFORE installing SPQR
    4. Install SPQR: Total War executable, making sure you have NO other Mods (RTR, etc.) installed.
    5. If you have installed your game in another directory than default, make sure you point to that directory during install.
    6. Historical Battles cannot be played at this time with the SPQR: Total War and will result in a CTD
    7. If you do a manual install, make sure you delete the events.dat file.
    8. The Readme, Killsheet, and Icons are installed in the default RTW directory.

poor LT and your anwers to (how to install your mod? and which patch) questions lol

Will my 4.6 savegames work?

Quote from LT 1956: "You should be able to play your campaign with 5.0"

Thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40534

Hehe dodgy answers ftw. Those instruction say nothing and "should" is a nice quote. I guess I'll continue my 4.6 campaign. thx o/
    I might try grabbing the save for a new installation tho.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthHammer
    Quote from LT 1956: "You should be able to play your campaign with 5.0"

Thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40534
    Ok, installing now, I hope it works :original:

Quote Originally Posted by Soviet_Warlord
    Ok, installing now, I hope it works :original:

PLease let us know.

Hi, is there any way to make another install so i dont have to reinstall all the time? Maybe make two installations with one being in the path like /Activision/RTW Default? Just wondering if it will let you install the same game twice? Also how would you get rid of the old patched games? So say i wanted to get rid of my 4.0 version and play 5.0 how would i get rid of the 4.6 version without getting rid of the new 5.0 patched version?
    Thanks.

Before installing any mods, just copy + paste the entire Rome Total War folder somewhere, you can then run a modded version and a "clean" version. It takes up a lot of space though , so beware.

@ Northhammer - Yup, it works perfectly simply installed over 4.6. Very nice

Thanks Soviet. I have a clean version of RTW that I keep on an external harddrive. That way I don't have to uninstall and reinstall so much.

VaeVictis's Avatar Miles

My savegames still work after updating 4.3 to 5.0 .

Now all I have to do is get SigniferOne's animation pack working.

I get a CTD with it and 5.0.

I guess I can tolerate the taunting Legions for a while. lol

No dont use his animations, you'll lose the chariot javelin animation if you do, there is also an elephant javelin, but sigs has one also. You should always read first. You would miss up all light chariots.
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

O.k., until somebody tries it, we wonīt get clear answer. Iīd be happy even with clear answer "I do not know it" instead of the posted answers, including part of the readme where I donīt see the answer whether the 5.0 can be installed over 4_6 with running campaign in it. If somebody see the answer "YES IT WORKS" somewhere, please, post it.
    Otherwise..I keep clean install of RTW 1.2 as a base for installing other patches, versions, mods. On one harddrive I have clean RTW, SPQR 3_1, SPQR 4_6, all these versions are o.k. and playable.
    So, the best way probably is to make another version of SPQR ( 5.0) - built up from clean RTW backup to 5.0 as the readme says, then ( as already written above in this thread ) I take 4_6 saved position and put it to 5_0.

Yes it works!

Actually I made it even more complicated. I forgot I couldnt install a new one so I took everything except saves and Data from my RTR 6.0 folder, copied it and installed 5.0 on that. Then added my savegames. So far not more CTD's than usual so again, it works! I love Rizcus stuff!

Asmo

Well you amy have problems with an RTR mod installed before. You should be able to continue campaigns, but you may a get a CTD now and then, I can help Saved games, even CA with their patches caused some campaign game CTDs.

5.0 isnt too different from 4.6 so they should work. And why would anyone want to keep SPQR 3.1? lol But 6.0 will NOT work with your saved games as it uses the patch and a new map.

Lt
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

There are posts here and there about multiple installations on one PC, "how to" etc....so that is example of mine, that it is possible to have as many as installs one wish. I just didnīt uninstall the OLD 3.1 yet. No special reason. ( But why NOT to keep old SPQR ...and even why not to play it ? LOL )

Thanks for the clear information 4_6 works in 5_0.