Thread: Turn Times

Default Turn Times

Ok, I am well aware that this has been discussed before (yes, I did a search and read everything), however, I`m still interested do any of you guys playing or developing FA have any tips on how to lower turn times?
    Right now they last about 5 minutes each.
    BTW my computer is a beast (at least it should be, for this game): 2.8 gigs quadcore, 4 gigs of ram, a really nice graphic card. Should be flying... But it doesn`t...

Default Re: Turn Times

Ok, I just had a 7 minute turn time...
    This is making a good game, and an absolutely awesome mod nearly unplayable.
    Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. I have fog of war on, and following of AI movement off. Also, I always speed up the campaign map movemnet for all characters.

P.P.S. Anyone has a good book to reccomend? Seems to be the only alternative to staring at faction symbols...

Quote Originally Posted by popovic View Post
    Ok, I just had a 7 minute turn time...
    This is making a good game, and an absolutely awesome mod nearly unplayable.
    Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. I have fog of war on, and following of AI movement off. Also, I always speed up the campaign map movemnet for all characters.

P.P.S. Anyone has a good book to reccomend? Seems to be the only alternative to staring at faction symbols...
    strange,i dont need a book as the turns are goin' very fast when i play this mod,faster then other mods i ever have played so dont know whats wrong with your game,but if you want too play with very fast turns just delete the scripts in campaign_script and your ready too play.

duo 2 core, quad doesn't matter much on rtw/m2tw since the game don't take much use of it(advantage) since the game development was before this technologic improvements on processors really became standard

campaign_script removal can help but this will remove alot of the mod features, but i think isnt the mod itself since i myself having an desktop already not new or much less a "beast" runs the mod smooth and turns 10-20 seconds and the longest perhaps 40seconds

Yeah, I wasn`t going to remove the campaign script, I like that stuff... Don`t know what could be the problem then...