Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Faster Turn Times for RR/RC 6.2?

Default Faster Turn Times for RR/RC 6.2?

Hey Guys,

My 6.2 RR/RC turns are taking upwards of 8 minutes. In 6.3, they were about 4 minutes. Is there a faster turn time submod for RR/RC? I have tried to find one, but they all seem to be for SS6.3. Thank you!

Default Re: Faster Turn Times for RR/RC 6.2?

Are you doing 6.2 compilation? The Longer assimilation script seems to be the majority of turn time additional lengths but you can go and delete the princess and event notifications and most people report 10-15% faster turns from that which for you would be over 1 min. Seriously though even 4 min turn time is quite long, 8 min I can't imagine. I had 3.5 min for 6.2 compilation with RR/RC and that seemed long to me. Without assimilation now I average 2-2.5 min which is doable. 8 min though... man! 9 turns is almost 1 hour just in turns.

How do I delete the assimilation script and the princess and event scripts? I would love to try that! Thanks a lot!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...+up+turn+times

Read that thread it should explain basically. Also there are posted files you can see what was changed but it is quite easy with Notpad to open txt tile and use Find Next etc.

Just make sure you save unchanged file with a different file name in another folder first so you can have backup if anything accidentally deleted. Removing assimilation script is more complicated but that thread shows the removal of princess events etc. You can also try setting your kingdoms.exe to single core affinity and HIGH priority if you have multi core system. Just bring up task manager in windows and right click on the Kingdoms.exe process and look at the tab that comes up.

major's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Patton21 View Post
    Hey Guys,

My 6.2 RR/RC turns are taking upwards of 8 minutes. In 6.3, they were about 4 minutes. Is there a faster turn time submod for RR/RC? I have tried to find one, but they all seem to be for SS6.3. Thank you!
    I was having same experiences, than I've modified script files and now is much better. You can use attached files (they're archived with 7zip software http://www.7-zip.org/). Simply replace SS 6.2 RC/RR wanilla ones. I've removed player notifications as Princess coming of age, Fall of capital, etc., also Assimilation script and some annoying interactive events such as Pirates.

[Yours Medievall II folder] \mods\Stainless_Steel_6\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign - here You can find campaign_script.txt file for early era campaign
    [Yours Medievall II folder] \mods\Stainless_Steel_6\data\world\maps\campaign\Late_Era_Campaign - custom.script.txt
    Last edited by major; November 24, 2010 at 03:28 PM.

Thank you both very much. I will give this a try and see what happens!

Also, skip the AI's turn. I mean skip watching their units move.

Quote Originally Posted by major View Post
    I was having same experiences, than I've modified script files and now is much better. You can use attached files (they're archived with 7zip software http://www.7-zip.org/). Simply replace SS 6.2 RC/RR wanilla ones. I've removed player notifications as Princess coming of age, Fall of capital, etc., also Assimilation script and some annoying interactive events such as Pirates.

[Yours Medievall II folder] \mods\Stainless_Steel_6\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign - here You can find campaign_script.txt file for early era campaign
    [Yours Medievall II folder] \mods\Stainless_Steel_6\data\world\maps\campaign\Late_Era_Campaign - custom.script.txt
    After many a frustrating turtle or migration campaigns that took ages to develop due to long turn times, I finally ditched the many fun scripts in favor of trying out shorter turn times.

All I can say is wow. I utilized your files from above, and I'm here to excitedly report turn times being reduced by 70% or more, not the meager 10-15% I thought would occur. Previous turn times would take about 2 minutes, sometimes a little more or less. They're now down to about 20-30 seconds, a number I am quite happy to tolerate. My thanks, and I hope others see this and give them a try.
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

gustlik87's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by smitty View Post
    After many a frustrating turtle or migration campaigns that took ages to develop due to long turn times, I finally ditched the many fun scripts in favor of trying out shorter turn times.

All I can say is wow. I utilized your files from above, and I'm here to excitedly report turn times being reduced by 70% or more, not the meager 10-15% I thought would occur. Previous turn times would take about 2 minutes, sometimes a little more or less. They're now down to about 20-30 seconds, a number I am quite happy to tolerate. My thanks, and I hope others see this and give them a try.
    Hello,
    Can you please upload somewhere your files or send me pm, because i have same problem. I have tried many mods for medieval but RR/RC is the best ever Unfortunately on my new computer loading time is even longer than on old one (or i became impatient ). So if you can help i would be very grateful. Thanks a lot.

The files are posted higher up. Do they no longer work?

If they don't, then you'll have to go to the thread indicated by Ichon and manually delete the scripts you don't want. Remember to also turn Follow AI Movement to Off.

major's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by smitty View Post

Happy that helped.

@k/t Files are still avaible to download. Links are working.

Unfortunately these files cause ctd when i want to start new campaign with any nation :/ Strange if it works good for you...

Are you using the RR/RC Compilation or 6.4?

I am not such noob as you think I am using RR/RC Compilation of course.

I've been on this forum enough to know to start with the really retarded questions, just like tech support.

Hmm...the thread is pretty old, but I don't think any changes were made since then, since the last patch was in August of 2010.

Use Winmerge (or was it Notepad++?) to compare the files with yours...maybe you'll discover the problem that way. Or start deleting the scripts you don't want by yourself. It's not hard at all; just remember to make a back-up.

I eliminated the stakes and princess notification scripts. I like the capital fall and king death ones too much to try to save a second or two by deleting them.

However, the biggest timesaver for me was the AI Movement. I timed my AI turns with 1 GB RAM and I got 5:30 with AI Movement on and 1:30 with it off. I upgraded to 3 GB RAM, and I went down to 5:00 and 1:20. Until now I've been playing SS with AI Movement on (well, all mods, but no other mod takes even close to this long), but I'll be turning it off from now on (once I start playing SS again, that is, which will be when the new Compilation is released).

Does the log have any clues?

major's Avatar Libertus

Yep log should tell us truth. Anyway I'm pretty sure that my files are ok. Works for many peoples, never causes CTD.

BTW: I checked that these files work good for me: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=374040

Logs attached. I think that everything works good but there is some problem with modified campaign file. Yo have some hints for me?

major's Avatar Libertus

Are you using BYG's Grim Reality compilation?

I am using final version from PB, without any addons. This version is for BYG's Grim Reality ?

major's Avatar Libertus

no, BYG's Grim Reality is an option when you're installing SS. I'm afraid that I can't help you. Actually I don't have SS installed on my pc and I don't support this project anymore beside I'm not a modder but only a devoted player. You can always try yo modify on your own, it's not that hard to remove some scripts from campaign script. Good luck my polish mate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast