Thread: [Update 2019/08/11 V 5.6!] The Historical Units Region Buildings Mod! (6 New Factions/ Units/ Map / Buildings)

Default Re: [V 4.1!] The Historical Units Region Buildings Mod! (2 New Factions/ Units/ Map / Buildings) Update 4/23

I seem to be having the same problem as slothman92 regarding the files not copying over correctly. I noticed this with the descr_faction_standing file. For example, my original files shows the date modified as 2011-01-07, but descr_faction_standing in HURB should be a different date. After running SS setup, the original file is still there. Even after deleting the original original descr_faction_standing, it is the original that is being copied over, not the one from HURB. This happens regarding if I run SS as administrator or not (it shouldn't matter since I changed all the permission in SS6.3 ayway). Thus I would be interested in any answer someone might have for this.

I am anxious as hell to try out Hungary...
    I don't always talk in tautologies, but when I do, I talk in tautologies.

Default Re: [V 4.1!] The Historical Units Region Buildings Mod! (2 New Factions/ Units/ Map / Buildings) Update 4/23

Quote Originally Posted by RollingWave View Post
    minor update, mostly putting in the SOB stuff I made in, but also include the previous bug fixes and some other UI upgrades, hopefully becomming more stable...(and hopefully that means I can actually play a game that last more than 15 turn befor needing to do more fixing)
    can you please upload JUST THE UPDATE from 4.0 to 4.1? is it save game compatible btw?

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by slothman92 View Post
    I am having major problems insalling the mod. When I try to move the new data folder to replace the orgininal SS per the instructions I get a number of errors, and my loading bar turns red more than once. I can play the game but there are many problems, missing unit cards, silver surfers, the campaign menu is wierd (some factions show there locations on the original SS map, some of the maps look like snow), banners are missing etc. If I keep adding the HUBR data file it gets slowy better, next time I load the game Abb's banner was there, the game did not crash when I treid to start a campaign etc, but still many problems. SO it is obvious my files are not copying correctly, I have reinstalled clean versions of SS and started over more than once. I have tried moving every file to its corrosponding folder indivdually but I get similar results.

Are there some settings on my computer I need to change? I can not figure out what is going on, is there something obvious I am missing? The issue clearly seems to be with my computer and the transfer of files from the HURB data file to the SS data file. Any ideas?
    This seem to be some sort of Windows setting problem so I'm not sure, my best guess would be to try and turn off UAC if you havn't yet (it's in the control panel -> system IIRC).

Quote Originally Posted by napoleonic View Post
    can you please upload JUST THE UPDATE from 4.0 to 4.1? is it save game compatible btw?
    I'll try to upload just the competitble parts later.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

I had trouble reinstalling 6.4 submods as well despite having not problems the first install. New download, install into C:/whatever (just not into Program Files). Then when you install where you have to paste new files in- first extract them to another empty folder then copy and paste over /mods/... next. For whatever reason doing it any other way for me messes things up.

That's very odd, what's the problem like Ichon, how was it messed up? did some files fail to copy over or did the game simply not start afterwards?
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

The game would sometimes start but similar to what slothman said the units were messed up and frequent CTDs. Sometimes the game wouldn't even load past the 6.4 splash screen though and the log never showed anything. I spent days trying to figure it out and gave up and got a new DL of 6.4 and made the other changes. Maybe my original 6.4 install had gotten corrupted because I'd moved it several times from different drives.

curious, is it hard to use new (TATW?) campaign map textures like in SSMAP? will it make the file significantly bigger?

I have no idea, I havn't really investigated into those things.

So does 4.1 fully replace 4.0? and is it save game compatible?
    Last edited by WarlordZ; April 30, 2012 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WarlordZ View Post
    So does 4.1 fully replace 4.0? and is it save game compatible?
    hmm, i'm not entirely sure, in theory it should be because most of the changes only address the BMDB, but I also changed some officers in the EDU, that SHOULDN'T be a problem but I'm not entirely sure.

I'll release a surefire competible version (no changes to EDU, just BMDB and UI card changes) tonight or tomorrow.

Just ran some tests in custom battle for 4.1. wafidiyya cavalry (fatimids) causes a crash, i remember this was also a problem in previous versions, not sure you are aware of this.

another question, I am not sure why you did not use the janissary models form Broken crescent, they have some very nice heavy janissary infantry and archer units, just thought I might suggest that.

lastly, the almoghavars lack a secondary weapon, they use their fists.

Just a few pointers, otherwise, the mod is growing and maturing very nicely with every version. keep up the great work.

Quote Originally Posted by RollingWave View Post
    hmm, i'm not entirely sure, in theory it should be because most of the changes only address the BMDB, but I also changed some officers in the EDU, that SHOULDN'T be a problem but I'm not entirely sure.

I'll release a surefire competible version (no changes to EDU, just BMDB and UI card changes) tonight or tomorrow.
    no don't release different versions... and EDU change is always welcome unless you upset the balance of units that being said though have you raise the stats of dismounted nobles?

I seem to be having the save game CTD as well. I started a game with the fatimids played a few turns quit, then the next time i tried to load there wa s aCTD, tried several time, always the same.

here's the system Log:

15:45:51.714 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    15:45:51.717 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    15:45:51.723 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    15:45:51.724 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    15:45:51.726 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    15:45:51.727 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    15:45:51.729 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    15:45:51.730 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    15:45:57.754 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/descr_faction_standing.txt, at line 156, column 44
    Building level name small_chapel not found as a level in building database
    15:45:57.755 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/descr_faction_standing.txt, at line 167, column 44
    Building level name chapel not found as a level in building database
    15:45:57.755 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/descr_faction_standing.txt, at line 317, column 44
    Building level name small_chapel_o not found as a level in building database
    15:45:57.756 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/descr_faction_standing.txt, at line 328, column 44
    Building level name chapel_o not found as a level in building database
    15:45:57.756 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/descr_faction_standing.txt, at line 474, column 44
    Building level name c_small_masjid not found as a level in building database
    15:45:57.756 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/descr_faction_standing.txt, at line 484, column 44
    Building level name c_masjid not found as a level in building database
    15:45:57.757 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/descr_faction_standing.txt, at line 699, column 44
    Building level name c_dievas_altar not found as a level in building database
    15:45:57.758 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/descr_faction_standing.txt, at line 709, column 44
    Building level name c_perkunas_altar not found as a level in building database
    15:45:57.758 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/descr_faction_standing.txt, at line 719, column 44
    Building level name c_giltine_altar not found as a level in building database
    15:45:57.758 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/SS6.3/data/descr_faction_standing.txt, at line 729, column 44
    Building level name c_tengir_altar not found as a level in building database
    15:46:08.528 [data.invalid] [error]
    character_record not loaded properly.
    15:46:10.029 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

I also noticed a weird thing, when one of my family members cam of age, there was two of him...I don't know if that has anything to do with the error.

I also noticed the armenian cav does not have a unit card int he campaign.

Thanks for your help RW!

beermugcarl's Avatar Decanus

i put forward the idea that the save game ctd that i and warlord are experiencing is something to do with serbia's family tree not being drawn up properly

character_record not loaded properly

this line.
    all the other errors the game will happily run with (its basically just moaning). and i did notice that serbias family tree is a bit odd in that the heir isnt attached to the king but still inherits the throne

beermugcarl's Avatar Decanus

I also noticed a weird thing, when one of my family members cam of age, there was two of him...I don't know if that has anything to do with the error.

Thanks for your help RW!
    also this i have no answer to but also have experienced it

Thanks for your help RW!
    Quote Originally Posted by beermugcarl View Post
    i put forward the idea that the save game ctd that i and warlord are experiencing is something to do with serbia's family tree not being drawn up properly

character_record not loaded properly

this line.
    all the other errors the game will happily run with (its basically just moaning). and i did notice that serbias family tree is a bit odd in that the heir isnt attached to the king but still inherits the throne
    that makes no sense... I dont' have this problem at all... my serbia family tree is exactly as I drew it :/ .

Are you two using 4.0 or 4.1?

I have only experienced this since installing 4.1

Sry for asking... maybe iam dump but how exactly install this mod? I downloaded 4.2 but in forum i see recent link to ver. 3.2+fix... so i need 3.2+fix and then install 4.1 ? Or i just using last version?

Thx and great mod btw!!

Did anyone get crash in AD 1142 rebel turn?(4.1version)