Thread: [Update 2019/08/11 V 5.6!] The Historical Units Region Buildings Mod! (6 New Factions/ Units/ Map / Buildings)

Default Re: [V 4.0!] The Historical Units Region Buildings Mod! (2 New Factions/ Units/ Map / Buildings) Update 4/23

RW - I noticed that the Dismounted Sipahis have a unit size of 48, double the mounted size. Is this on purpose, as you have made other dismounted units have a equal size to the mounted versions?

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: [V 4.0!] The Historical Units Region Buildings Mod! (2 New Factions/ Units/ Map / Buildings) Update 4/23

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ha91qm

Ok, hopefully this will work

Sloth: because the game ends in 1390 I have not address some of the later units.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Quote Originally Posted by RollingWave View Post
    Sloth: because the game ends in 1390 I have not address some of the later units.
    Sipahis are post 1390? Did not know that.

What untis are cut out of the mod based on the 1390 date? Gunpowder, what else, pikes or just late pikes? BTW I am looking throught the eport_descr_unit file, is it generally going to be accurate? Can't wait to get home and play, excited about the model.

Also notices Dismounted Saqaliba Guard has a size of 48.

Quote Originally Posted by napoleonic View Post
    isn't that what BGR already is? but even then BGR do not force you to be at war with someone or losing money just because it is mean to happen in the history, or also why don't you simply force defeat for the roman either since they were defeated, for example?
    The idea is not to be totally deterministic but just to provide some more events to deal with(which is still far lower than the average king had to deal with). BGR is a completely different concept in most ways, I really like the manpower pools, ranks etc of BGR but I disagree a bit with how BYG implemented centralization. Still its a far step above most other mods and I enjoy playing it however I think in the long run I'll enjoy playing RW's mod more and hopefully my own 1390.

Already though many of the factions are quite deterministic as far as roster development and building trees etc, you can't really escape that in a game. I also play Paradox games occasionally which are more sandbox but the issue is you can race through the tech tree and dominate everything sort of like Civ games as well. I appreciate the flexibility of such games but I don't think they have implemented technology quite as well though the latest ones are getting better where tech researched by other factions can become easier to acquire, I think they need to set the general tech level so that if one faction races ahead it only provides an small advantage as long as the tech levels are relatively close. IE- in WWII Germany was ahead in many areas but the Allies weren't so far behind they couldn't close the gap relatively. So Germany ended up with a small advantage at a high cost where the Allies were able to copy or come up with alternate implementation which cost far less since they didn't have to prove the concept only discover cheaper ways of achieving the result. However a nation like Brazil at the time had such a larger gap it was more difficult to do that but even then some tech filtered down to them that they did not have to research on their own.

Anyway for MTW2 elite units are sort of like better tech in other games and some factions have a much easier building tree to achieve such units in quantity which is a bit deterministic already. So we get things like ERE dominating in the game due to superior units when in history such units were available but in quite smaller numbers and more expensive than the game makes them appear.

Quote Originally Posted by slothman92 View Post
    not totally, but it leans towards the end of the period, as i said my EDU adjustment is somewhat spotting still.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ha91qm

Ok, hopefully this will work

Where can I look to see accurate rosters for each faction. Units making up a factions roster and army composition is really #1 for me when it comes to choosing a faction. I have been looking through the export_desrc_unit file and really admiring what you have done with some of the units, especially for the Muslim factions. I am now wondering if some of these units you made very interesting changes to (Mamluks, Khassaki, Quapukulu etc) will not be include with the new end date.

So if the unit_descp file has a lot of units not in the game included, I thought I would check out the custom battle screen to explore the rosters but I saw an early post of your saying there might be issues for that as well. Any advice for where to get accurate roster information?

Quote Originally Posted by slothman92 View Post
    Where can I look to see accurate rosters for each faction. Units making up a factions roster and army composition is really #1 for me when it comes to choosing a faction. I have been looking through the export_desrc_unit file and really admiring what you have done with some of the units, especially for the Muslim factions. I am now wondering if some of these units you made very interesting changes to (Mamluks, Khassaki, Quapukulu etc) will not be include with the new end date.

So if the unit_descp file has a lot of units not in the game included, I thought I would check out the custom battle screen to explore the rosters but I saw an early post of your saying there might be issues for that as well. Any advice for where to get accurate roster information?
    Mamluks and Khassakis are in, Quapukulu isn't right now but Turks will have Imperial Guads unit at the start.

As for looking up the unit roster, here's a easy way, go to export_descr_unit, in HURB each faction gets their own recruitment building so just search for turkish_feudalism for example, and look for the "core units" section as I have seperated them quite clearly in the EDB.

Got it working;
    here's my EDB that made it work.

copy/paste into your SS6.3/data folder.

EDIT: got the attachment attached(LOL),
    also, RW, does the latest HURB4.0.7z
    have UI stuff for all units for the factions that get them?
    Last edited by Silver Legionary; April 24, 2012 at 12:10 AM. Reason: forgot the attachment.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Legionary View Post
    Got it working;
    here's my EDB that made it work.

copy/paste into your SS6.3/data folder.

EDIT: got the attachment attached(LOL),
    also, RW, does the latest HURB4.0.7z
    have UI stuff for all units for the factions that get them?
    I think i might have some oversight there... though that part is easier to fix.

er so what is that fix from silver? do we all need it?

er so what is that fix from silver? do we all need it?
    probably fix the original version I posted that everyone was havign problem with.

what was the problem?

and couldn't you please use filefront or gamefront or mediafire for file host? sendspace kinda slow... and the submod is not going smaller in size

what was the problem?

and couldn't you please use filefront or gamefront or mediafire for file host? sendspace kinda slow... and the submod is not going smaller in size
    my local ISP seem to have seriuos problem with filefront / gamefront, I havn't been able to download a single file from there in at least half a year. media fire I'm not sure.

the problem was that I added in some event_counters in the very end and had a few typos.

In the meantime I'd just want to optimize the current builds somewhat, though obviously work towards adding Georgia/ Armenia which should be relatively easier since I had done a boatload of the work for Serbian material myself but those two have BC material mostly ready.

I'm extremely interested to see how the Dominian of the Sword team managed to do this... if it's possible I'd definately want to implement something like this (though probably smaller in scale) in the future...

OMG great... can you tell me how to UPGRADE from 0.32? I've extracted and copy pasted folders in \data and run the SS setup but now I see 2 HURB option in the setup is there a way to fix this without reinstalling the whole SS???

OMG great... can you tell me how to UPGRADE from 0.32? I've extracted and copy pasted folders in \data and run the SS setup but now I see 2 HURB option in the setup is there a way to fix this without reinstalling the whole SS???
    simple, go to data/campaign and delete the HURB3.2 folder

Also, Napoleonic, you could help me out by uploading to filefront later on .

my upload speed is 56kbps lol I can't help you... sorry, thanks for the fix btw lol

If I can see and figure out how the DOTS team done their PSF later on, I think a few other regional change would make sense, as this would make merger of some regions much more feasable so we can put in some not quiet as large but historically relavant regions to get better representation.. but that's obviously way down the road, and would be a gigantic work load ... since the DOTS says they added some 2000(!!!!!!!) PSF EACH WITH THEIR OWN NAMES IN HISTORICALLY CORRECT POSITIONS!!!!, I don't think I can do that on my own for sure... or any other sane modder for that matter.