Page 229 of 232 FirstFirst ... 129179204219220221222223224225226227228229230231232 LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,580 of 4625

Thread: [Update 2019/08/11 V 5.6!] The Historical Units Region Buildings Mod! (6 New Factions/ Units/ Map / Buildings)

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: [V 5.5!] The Historical Units Region Buildings Mod! (6 New Factions/ Units/ Map / Buildings)

Quote Originally Posted by Strelok422 View Post
    I just tried this mod and after playing some it feels so slow and boring.

I'm playing Genoa on VH/VH, took Milan from HRE on 2nd turn and since then absolutely nothing of significance happened in these first 15 turns since units need 20 turns to replenish and every rebel settlement is stacked so I have to take them by exploits or alternatively wait 20 turns to get new troops. I don't see how 20 turns to get a troop is realistic in any way, I mean, I don't want to imagine a wanna be empire that needs 10 years to rise a single troop of army units. New buildings and their functions/attributes are also unrealistic for me. I will try this with a few other factions but I think that it simply isn't for me. All of this simply slowed the game utterly, not offering difficulty increase but boredom.

Also what I don't understand is, every one of these mods claims to have "historically accurate starting settlements/factions according to 1100AD" or whatever, yet every single one of them has different map, settlements, factions and names for those settlements, factions and their generals.
    Me, personally, I don't agree with the assessment of this post. For me the HURB recruitment times were just perfect, and most of the new buidings made the game more interesting. If somebody likes a fast-paced game with constant wars and many troops available, resulting in conquering half of Europe with half a century - then the HURB (or other historical mods like BGR, SSHIP) are not for such a player.
    In HURB I was more concerned with a few things like: endless stacks from the AI side (I’ve played Georgia and the war with the Seljucs would be never-ending-story), buildable forts with free upkeep (a good strategy is to build many such forts what solves problems in money and it not realistic), bugs in the traits of the generals. Additionally, afaik, the stability of the 5.5 is shaky sometimes, but I’ve played the 5.4 and it was ok.

The main problem with "historically accurate starting settlements/factions according to 1100AD" is the non-perfect knowledge of the modders and time available for modding. We try to go in this direction, but we don't have knowledge and time. The choice of factions is dictated by the limit on the number of factions, so whether you've got Genoa or Pisa or Milano depends on the choice of the modder. Similarly, the choice of the provinces and settlements. However, most importantly, and what's obvious to every historian, the sources are scarce and differ enormously so that there're many visions what can we call "historical" in these times.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; June 11, 2017 at 02:27 AM.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Default Re: [V 5.5!] The Historical Units Region Buildings Mod! (6 New Factions/ Units/ Map / Buildings)

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Me, personally, I don't agree with the assessment of this post. For me the HURB recruitment times were just perfect, and most of the new buidings made the game more interesting. If somebody likes a fast-paced game with constant wars and many troops available, resulting in conquering half of Europe with half a century - then the HURB (or other historical mods like BGR, SSHIP) are not for such a player.
    In HURB I was more concerned with a few things like: endless stacks from the AI side (I’ve played Georgia and the war with the Seljucs would be never-ending-story), buildable forts with free upkeep (a good strategy is to build many such forts what solves problems in money and it not realistic), bugs in the traits of the generals. Additionally, afaik, the stability of the 5.5 is shaky sometimes, but I’ve played the 5.4 and it was ok.

The main problem with "historically accurate starting settlements/factions according to 1100AD" is the non-perfect knowledge of the modders and time available for modding. We try to go in this direction, but we don't have knowledge and time. The choice of factions is dictated by the limit on the number of factions, so whether you've got Genoa or Pisa or Milano depends on the choice of the modder. Similarly, the choice of the provinces and settlements. However, most importantly, and what's obvious to every historian, the sources are scarce and differ enormously so that there're many visions what can we call "historical" in these times.
    Yeah, you're right. It simply doesn't fit my playstyle. I didn't mean in any way that the mod itself is bad, I just personally don't like the features it offers.

That was more of an observation, as I have dedicated a lot of my time to history, I know how hard it is to find a reliable source(s). Just found it funny that every mod had a different one. :)
    "Hoti to kratisto" - Alexander of Macedon

I'm getting a crash when attacking rebels near Pisa with Sicily. The crash occurs during the loading of the battle.

These are some of the lines before the "error" line:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/unit_sprites/slave_Dummy_EN_Mail_Knights_ug1_sprite.spr
    01:00:34.230 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/OverlayTextures/variations/south_european/character_overlay_base.texture
    01:00:34.230 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/OverlayTextures/variations/south_european/character_overlay_base.texture
    01:00:34.230 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SS6.3/data/OverlayTextures/character_overlay_base.texture (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    01:00:34.230 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SS6.3/data/OverlayTextures/character_overlay_base.texture (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    01:00:34.230 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SS6.3/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/ne_urban_militia_lod0.mesh (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    01:00:34.231 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/SS6.3/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/ne_urban_militia_lod0.mesh,193051
    01:00:34.231 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/SS6.3/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/ne_urban_militia_lod0.mesh (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    01:00:34.239 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/variations/south_european/EN_Peasant_Padded_slave.texture
    01:00:34.239 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/variations/south_european/EN_Peasant_Padded_slave.texture
    01:00:34.239 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_slave.texture
    01:00:34.239 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_slave.texture
    01:00:34.239 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/variations/south_european/EN_Peasant_Padded_normal1.texture
    01:00:34.240 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/variations/south_european/EN_Peasant_Padded_normal1.texture
    01:00:34.240 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SS6.3/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_normal1.texture (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    01:00:34.240 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SS6.3/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_normal1.texture (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    01:00:34.240 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/unit_models/AttachmentSets/variations/south_european/final slavic_merc_diff.texture
    01:00:34.240 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/unit_models/AttachmentSets/variations/south_european/final slavic_merc_diff.texture
    01:00:34.241 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/unit_models/AttachmentSets/final slavic_merc_diff.texture
    01:00:34.241 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/unit_models/AttachmentSets/final slavic_merc_diff.texture
    01:00:34.241 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/unit_models/AttachmentSets/variations/south_european/final slavic_merc_norm.texture
    01:00:34.241 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/unit_models/AttachmentSets/variations/south_european/final slavic_merc_norm.texture
    01:00:34.241 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/unit_models/AttachmentSets/final slavic_merc_norm.texture
    01:00:34.241 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/unit_models/AttachmentSets/final slavic_merc_norm.texture
    01:00:34.242 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/unit_models/AttachmentSets/final slavic_merc_diff.texture
    01:00:34.242 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/unit_models/AttachmentSets/final slavic_merc_diff.texture,,not found
    01:00:34.243 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_4.pack,data/unit_models/AttachmentSets/final slavic_merc_diff.texture,1398304
    01:00:34.243 [system.io] [info] open: found data/unit_models/AttachmentSets/final slavic_merc_diff.texture (from: packs/data_4.pack)
    01:00:34.243 [system.io] [trace] pack data(),,data/unit_models/attachmentsets/final slavic_merc_diff.texture,,,1398304
    01:00:34.259 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/unit_models/attachmentsets/final slavic_merc_diff.texture,,,-1398304
    01:00:34.260 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/unit_models/AttachmentSets/final slavic_merc_norm.texture
    01:00:34.260 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/unit_models/AttachmentSets/final slavic_merc_norm.texture,,not found
    01:00:34.260 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_4.pack,data/unit_models/AttachmentSets/final slavic_merc_norm.texture,1398304
    01:00:34.260 [system.io] [info] open: found data/unit_models/AttachmentSets/final slavic_merc_norm.texture (from: packs/data_4.pack)
    01:00:34.260 [system.io] [trace] pack data(),,data/unit_models/attachmentsets/final slavic_merc_norm.texture,,,1398304
    01:00:34.264 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/unit_models/attachmentsets/final slavic_merc_norm.texture,,,-1398304
    01:00:34.264 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SS6.3/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_normal1.texture (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    01:00:34.265 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/SS6.3/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_normal1.texture,1398304
    01:00:34.265 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/SS6.3/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_normal1.texture (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    01:00:34.288 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_slave.texture
    01:00:34.289 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_slave.texture,,not found
    01:00:34.289 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_3.pack,data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_slave.texture,,not found
    01:00:34.289 [system.io] [warning] open: data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_slave.texture is missing
    01:00:34.289 [system.io] [trace] exists: 1696: caching directory: mods/ss6.3/data/unit_models/_units/en_peasant_padded/textures/en_peasant_padded_slave.texture__unit_models/attachmentsets/variations/south_european
    01:00:34.289 [system.io] [info] exists: directory non-existant: mods/ss6.3/data/unit_models/_units/en_peasant_padded/textures/en_peasant_padded_slave.texture__unit_models/attachmentsets/variations/south_european
    01:00:34.290 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_slave.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/variations/south_european/final slavic_merc_diff.texture
    01:00:34.290 [system.io] [trace] exists: 1697: caching directory: data/unit_models/_units/en_peasant_padded/textures/en_peasant_padded_slave.texture__unit_models/attachmentsets/variations/south_european
    01:00:34.290 [system.io] [info] exists: directory non-existant: data/unit_models/_units/en_peasant_padded/textures/en_peasant_padded_slave.texture__unit_models/attachmentsets/variations/south_european
    01:00:34.290 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_slave.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/variations/south_european/final slavic_merc_diff.texture
    01:00:34.290 [system.io] [trace] exists: 1698: caching directory: mods/ss6.3/data/unit_models/_units/en_peasant_padded/textures/en_peasant_padded_slave.texture__unit_models/attachmentsets
    01:00:34.291 [system.io] [info] exists: directory non-existant: mods/ss6.3/data/unit_models/_units/en_peasant_padded/textures/en_peasant_padded_slave.texture__unit_models/attachmentsets
    01:00:34.291 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_slave.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/final slavic_merc_diff.texture
    01:00:34.291 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_slave.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/final slavic_merc_diff.texture
    01:00:34.291 [system.io] [trace] exists: 1699: caching directory: mods/ss6.3/data/unit_models/_units/en_peasant_padded/textures/en_peasant_padded_normal1.texture__unit_models/attachmentsets/variations/south_european
    01:00:34.291 [system.io] [info] exists: directory non-existant: mods/ss6.3/data/unit_models/_units/en_peasant_padded/textures/en_peasant_padded_normal1.texture__unit_models/attachmentsets/variations/south_european
    01:00:34.292 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_normal1.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/variations/south_european/final slavic_merc_norm.texture
    01:00:34.292 [system.io] [trace] exists: 1700: caching directory: data/unit_models/_units/en_peasant_padded/textures/en_peasant_padded_normal1.texture__unit_models/attachmentsets/variations/south_european
    01:00:34.292 [system.io] [info] exists: directory non-existant: data/unit_models/_units/en_peasant_padded/textures/en_peasant_padded_normal1.texture__unit_models/attachmentsets/variations/south_european
    01:00:34.292 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_normal1.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/variations/south_european/final slavic_merc_norm.texture
    01:00:34.292 [system.io] [trace] exists: 1701: caching directory: mods/ss6.3/data/unit_models/_units/en_peasant_padded/textures/en_peasant_padded_normal1.texture__unit_models/attachmentsets
    01:00:34.292 [system.io] [info] exists: directory non-existant: mods/ss6.3/data/unit_models/_units/en_peasant_padded/textures/en_peasant_padded_normal1.texture__unit_models/attachmentsets
    01:00:34.293 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_normal1.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/final slavic_merc_norm.texture
    01:00:34.293 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SS6.3/data/unit_models/_Units/EN_Peasant_Padded/textures/EN_Peasant_Padded_normal1.texture__unit_models/AttachmentSets/final slavic_merc_norm.texture
    01:00:34.631 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Testing indicates the culprit is Urban Militias.

Oops, I forgot to actually post the edited version.

Edit 2: I fixed the issue by editing BMDB. I gave the rebels the same texture as Venice and the battled loaded and was duly won.

Hello,

first of all, very nice mod, ive had a lot of fun with it the short time ive played it.

Unfortunately ive been getting a lot of crashes to desktop (unspecified error). When i started the campaign i barely had these, but now, at turn 41, i have them frequently. The crashes always happen at the start of my turn, after pressing end turn
    when the AIs make their turns, at the rebel's turn. I have attached the crash log to this post , i hope someone can read it, because i cant...

i cut some of it because the file was too big, but the error is at the bottom of the list, i hope you guys can help me!

system.log2.txt

Hello!

Speaking french (i am french myself), i've sound several spelling errors in unit names:

"seignuer" --> seigneur (lord)
    "chevallier" --> chevalier (knight)
    "They make a desert, and call it peace" - Caledonian chieftain Calgacos' personal opinion about Pax Romana

Quote Originally Posted by Po0gles View Post
    Hello,

first of all, very nice mod, ive had a lot of fun with it the short time ive played it.

Unfortunately ive been getting a lot of crashes to desktop (unspecified error). When i started the campaign i barely had these, but now, at turn 41, i have them frequently. The crashes always happen at the start of my turn, after pressing end turn
    when the AIs make their turns, at the rebel's turn. I have attached the crash log to this post , i hope someone can read it, because i cant...

i cut some of it because the file was too big, but the error is at the bottom of the list, i hope you guys can help me!

system.log2.txt
    okay, perhaps this was false alarm? i have somewhat brute forced myself through some turns, and for the past few ones, i have not experienced any more crashes. I guess it had something to do with scripted rebel turns that are gone now? Not sure, but im just thankful its gone now!

Default Re: [beta version 1!] The Historical Roster Revision Mod!

Quote Originally Posted by SaladinSalem View Post
    I really wish this submod continued to update, it has a lot more potential the other mods in general.
    Well said. RW, your work has always been some of my favorite as well. I'm hoping this project sees future iterations as your concept on recruitment and buildings is just phenomenal. I admit I try to hop in about once a year to nudge you along, but right now, just affirming what others are obviously also observing. Keep up the awesome conceptual changes sir!

And should help be needed in certain areas, PM me what needs to be done. It's about time (and I have time!) I contribute to another project again, and would be more than happy to assist if you have specific areas of request. Not making promises but solo artists like you deserve some help if its desired.
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

is there some way to stop or at least slow down the rebels spamming troops? Im pretty late into the game and there are actually a lot of cities that are still independent because the rebels have just stacked a ridicolous amount of full banners next to them.

This unfinished mod was so well thought out and had a huge influence on other mods yet most MTW players probably never played it, wish someone would continue modding this.

Quote Originally Posted by SaladinSalem View Post
    This unfinished mod was so well thought out and had a huge influence on other mods yet most MTW players probably never played it, wish someone would continue modding this.
    Me too. I have the submod a try and it is really well done. Too bad its too unstable rn but it had some great ambitions

shoaibasghar_s's Avatar Libertus

i have a game going on from 2016 on this mod :p (on and off for a month or two-but it pulls me back again)
    i wish someone would update it, it is just awesome!

Is this submod still in any sort of development or should we consider it effectively finalized? I mean it's good in its current state, I just feel like RollingWave had more in mind he wanted to do with it.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytaninc View Post
    Is this submod still in any sort of development or should we consider it effectively finalized? I mean it's good in its current state, I just feel like RollingWave had more in mind he wanted to do with it.
    It looks like RollingWave does still pop into TWC, last activity was on March 26, 2019
    Might be worth PM'ing him to see if has any plans to do more, or if he is OK with others doing a version based on the last available version with any fixes,.

Does anyone have the download link for this mod?

Is the link provided not working?

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    Is the link provided not working?
    I've just downloaded it without any issues.

People may find downloading a problem due to settings on their browser / PC / local network / ISP.

Try a different browser, or one with VPN.

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

I still pop in from time to time but haven't worked on this project in several years, I was on my way to a next version (mainly revamping the guild system.) but hit a bug that simply couldn't be found at all, might have hit some sort of hidden limit that wasn't obvious.

I think I'll try to restart from the last working version sometime soon and see if I could make that happen. life's stablized a bit for now.

(also would be helpful if someone have a more complete list of current known bugs, I can't play through all the factions enough turns to find them all.)
    Last edited by RollingWave; July 22, 2019 at 12:40 AM.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

gazastripclub's Avatar Foederatus

Please how could I get a standalone mini-mod of just the wonders/unique historical buildings? Is there a set of files I could splice out of this mod extracted onto a working desktop folder? I learned a lot from reading the well-organized description of buildings I would much like to visit (perhaps with a time machine lol)! I'm new to Stainless Steel so I don't want to change up the whole maps and rosters just yet

Quote Originally Posted by gazastripclub View Post
    Please how could I get a standalone mini-mod of just the wonders/unique historical buildings? Is there a set of files I could splice out of this mod extracted onto a working desktop folder? I learned a lot from reading the well-organized description of buildings I would much like to visit (perhaps with a time machine lol)! I'm new to Stainless Steel so I don't want to change up the whole maps and rosters just yet
    It is quite easy to do what you want but you will need to have a fair understanding of the files. To have the unique historical buildings in the game you need to copy the export_buildings text in data/text and and the export_descr_buildings in data as well as the export_descr_buildings_enums.txt file in data.
    Then you have to copy the images of the buildings you want to the factions files (go to ui and put it in the buildings files and the other related with construction I think).
    You just need to copy past it into the right places

gazastripclub's Avatar Foederatus

Thanks! I've a few years of modding experience, but the post Empire .pfm era TW titles are much less difficult than the seemingly more crude method of M2/Rome TW modding.

Ok so, checklist:
    - export_buildings text file in data/text folder
    - export_descr_buildings in data folder
    - in addition, export_descr_buildings_enums.txt file somewhere else in data folder
    - under ui files, the specific FACTIONS need to have the building image files pasted in from....?
    - the buildings (are they 2 different files for campaign thumbnail, and the description photo?)

On a semi-related project: I'm working on making "Zeph's Eastern Princess" mod compatible for Stainless Steel, and there in that download there's a "models_strat" and "ui" folder for the new portraits/skins. Also there's the descr_sm_factions.txt mod file, which is the key (not using it) to using the Stainless Steel version of descr_sm_factions.txt where one would simply need to change a few values from "no" to "yes" to enable princesses for the eastern/southern fringe factions like the Seljuks. In theory, haven't had a chance to try it out yet until after work.