Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kscott's Skin Development

Kscott's Avatar New and Improved!

Default Kscott's Skin Development

Okay, I like feedback, so Im starting one of these.

Here is lusteds model, but my skin, for Arthurian: Total War,

Just learned glosss and very pleased with the results
    ==========================================================

==========================================================
    campwyrau, elite for Romano-Britons, this one is wearing Bronze Chainmail.

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

PyrrhusIV's Avatar Primicerius

I absolutely love the dragon on the Shield.

Those are good

Quote Originally Posted by eXc|Imperator
    Egad, its amazing what gloss can do for a unit.

So, it wasnt good before? ....

but yes I agree, has been Prom's secret for awhile......(not to say his stuff isnt ace already)

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

Except, the Alpha channels are showing above the shield (The black line).

But nothing major, good job!

ah, good catch, will fix..

MY TWC HISTORY

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kscott
    So, it wasnt good before? ....

but yes I agree, has been Prom's secret for awhile......(not to say his stuff isnt ace already)
    Ha not to say they weren't good before...but gloss really makes it like HOLY CRAP WOW!

A touch of realism I suppose that makes it just stick out.

ok, this is actually the same unit, but I have to do 12 versions of each one at Arthurian , so here is an alternate version.
    ======================================================================================

======================================================================================

Obivously this time it didnt have quite the effect, but that is becuase the ligher the object= more profound effect.

Anyways, hope you enjoy!

Btw, I got ride of the old Princeps face that is on units everwhere, used a cooler face methinks

yes ryan, alpha problem :laughing:

MY TWC HISTORY

Damn, those r sum pretty good skins.

Why don’t presidents fight the war?
    Why do they always send the poor?

Ok, yet anohter Champ for Arthurian. This model is made by blindfaithnogod, skin by me.
    ============================================================================================

============================================================================================

Brand new iron scale armor, hope you like the shield

MY TWC HISTORY

That's a great job
    New pics on 24/4/2007

Thanks all, really do apreaciate it!

Remember, these are skins for ATW, go check it out

*notice we are still looking for skinners, Blindfaith and I have alot of work for ourselves. It would be nice to have someone who can lighten the load.

MY TWC HISTORY

some tips with gloss, I've done alot I do them for all my crusades units as well as doing about 6/8th's of the RTR 6.0 gloss (that was REALLY fun :|). Play around with the contrast and brightness some. Applying gloss that hasn't been toned down results in blackish spots and OVERLY glossed areas, this is happening in the first two screenshots. Some times if a helmet texture has some really white spots that will cause a mirror reflection and hence black spots I replace it in the gloss with a texture that is slightly more dull so the reflections less pronounced in game.

Indefinitely Banned

Ok, yet anohter Champ for Arthurian. This model is made by blindfaithnogod, skin by me.

Brand new iron scale armor, hope you like the shield
    I really, really like that one. Nice work.

Fabolous's Avatar Power breeds Arrogance

Solid work Kscott, the second one which AP pointed out is quite good. And listen to everything Caius says, he is god. His custom user title says so.
    tBP knows how to handle a sword. -Last Crusader

Under the Honorable Patronage of Belisarius
    Formerly Under the Patronage of Simetrical
    Proud Patron of Lusted, Rome AC, Solid, and Dirty Peasant

Libertine's Avatar Neptune eats planets

You never cease to amaze me mate......they are great.
    Heir of Kscott
    Proud Patron of the lost Fable and Proud Patron of God
    Spurs Fan?
    Member of the SG Fan Club
    Finland had unusually little to do with the whole New World gig. - Watchman

Helios News Monkey
    Knight of the Lulz

Okay, yep another Champ, the last type you will see (chain, scale, and...). Featuring bronze lamaller armor..
    model courtest of Atilla Reloaded.

Before Gloss:
    ==================================================================================================

==================================================================================================
    After Gloss:

Now your prolly wondering why the hell I showed you before gloss(especially when its not too noticable on this unit), well its because I didnt think that you got a very good view of the lamaller armor in the last pic. :sweatingb

Anyways, this is my fav, hope you enjoy

MY TWC HISTORY

Ok, I redid the chainmail one, I do hope it looks like an improvement. I know it certainly looks more realistic..

MY TWC HISTORY

Ok, I redid the chainmail one, I do hope it looks like an improvement. I know it certainly looks more realistic..

Let's have a competiton. watch me trying to make my own skins for BI. ...in another thread somewhere ...

kScott, Kscott, I thought I told you:

Your Pic:

The Alpha Channel:

No, Just kidding you, dont worry about it. In all Honesty, I love the units, especially the Dragon Shield and the one with all the
    extremely cool designs on it .

Keep up the extremely good work! Oh, and Before I get flamed, I wasnt serious about the above pictures

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast