Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Ran no Jidai Version 1.0 Release

Default Re: Ran no Jidai Version 1.0 Release

Quote Originally Posted by saab900 View Post
    Anyone have the correct path for those of us that have RTW on steam? I can't seem to find the right combination myself. Thanks for any help anyone can give!
    C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\rome total war\

I think this is it, though I'd advise opening \common\ folder first and search for rome folder there

wundai its work tnx for help but what the confuguration of this game i have 1.5 gb RAM and 128 graphique but its lag please help

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

Time to reduce the Graphics settings in your RTW game then I think.

As a single city shogun how do you keep your econ going after the first 20 turns. No matter what I try I seem to run outta money

Hey, I just downloaded Ran no Jidai version 1.0? And can't seem to get it to work.

I copy pasted Rome total war folder on to the desktop. And re-name it to Ran no Jidai, I then installed the mod, and tried to play it but it keeps saying that it can't lunch the mod after clicking on the mod Icon?

Any help would be most appreciated?

StealthEvo's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Tony24 View Post
    Hey, I just downloaded Ran no Jidai version 1.0? And can't seem to get it to work.

I copy pasted Rome total war folder on to the desktop. And re-name it to Ran no Jidai, I then installed the mod, and tried to play it but it keeps saying that it can't lunch the mod after clicking on the mod Icon?

Any help would be most appreciated?
    In the start in field of the propeties of the shortcut that should have been posted to the desktop IE

"E:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War"

Right click propeties(sp) on the Ran no Jidai shortcut on the desktop to bring up the relevant window.

Can you confirm for me, if the shortcut's start in field is the EXACT location of the Rome - Total War installation.

Civis

Hi Wundai, I see you're online so maybe you'll give me a quick reply please. I've followed Kenny2010 re: shortcut paths and target but still get "path not valid" RNJ is within RTW BI on my machine but just can't seem to find it. thanks. Cancel that.
    Last edited by gromda; December 05, 2010 at 05:03 PM. Reason: problem fixed

Civis

hey, StealthEvo, i finally got RnJ to load but now at startup i get "Generic error: could not find aerial map 'settlement_roman_level_1' in database". any ideas? thanks.

Have you patched Rome to 1.5 and Barbarian Invasion to 1.6?

Civis

see following
    Last edited by gromda; December 05, 2010 at 05:47 PM. Reason: mistake

Civis

I get the message "patch not compatible". I have the RTW Gold edition which has BI included. I also have the original 3 disc version, which does accept 1.5 and 1.6 patches, but no BI expansion.

Ok. Try a clean re-install of everything. When it's all installed. Double check the following. When you start Rome - Total war it should have a version number on the screen where it has campaign, options, click options. If it's the right version. It'll say 1.5 in the right hand top corner.. If it doesn't. Go and download Rome total wars 1.5 patch. Then do the same for BI (barbarian invasion) Only download the BI 1.6 patch.

Once thats done. Re-install the mod. And see if the problem persists. Feedback if theres any more problems would be appretiated

Civis

thanks, but obviously i've got a problem with RTW 'cause when I attempted to reinstall my machine froze up and now dvd drive won't work. Ah, well. I'll just wait until 11/03/2011 when STW@ comes out and I'll buy myself a new machine. this things only single core amd 3500. Cheers

I did follow the installation instructions and went to the Ran No Jidai icon and click properties and try to change where the installation should take place? As said before, I didn't want to over ride any of the orignal files of RTW folder in the program files, so I copied and pasted the RTW folder on to the desktop? From their I installed the Ran no jidai into the desktop copy of RTW that contain BI in it.

I then waited for installation to be completed.

When going to change property's do we have to edit the location of were the folder is located?
    Because As I said before I copy and install ran no jidai onto the desktop?
    E:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War"

Wouldn't that look like some with E:\Desktop etc, etc?

When going to property's and try to change it? I had problems doing so.
    A little help here
    Last edited by Tony24; December 06, 2010 at 02:12 PM. Reason: miss one important thing?

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

@Gromda, sry mate have not tried any of Kenny's fixes yet, I'm too busy making stuff for RNJ right now

@Tony24, but why did you place it on the desktop?
    RNJ is a modfoldered mod which means it does not overwrite anything?

But yes if you really want to play it on desktop, that is the right pathway (or something like E:\documents and settings\(your account name)\desktop\Rome-Total War(and after this everything stays the same as install instructions designate)

Civis

StealthEvo, more feedback. took dvd drive out gave it a good talking to and now ok. finally got RnJ up and running. Re; 1.5 and 1.6 patch. Read elsewhere that RTWBI Gold edition comes preloaded with those two patches. Maybe that's why it doesn't show version on top Right corner and says 1.5 and 1.6 are incompatible when I attempt to install. Played RnJ a couple of times then uninstalled. I'll wait for TWS2. Thanks.

Why uninstall We've just started working on making the campaign awesome

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

His choice, we're not a company trying to attract customers

Eutopoi's Avatar Libertus

Is beautiful mate! I am touched, happy ^^ I'm trying now ^^

Lift your fist without trembling/ Learn to read the things around you/ Break then into pieces all that at its basis...