Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Ran no Jidai Version 1.0 Release

StealthEvo's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Ran no Jidai Version 1.0 Release

Lol. I dont know what version of Ran No Jidai your playing but it can't be anything offical. But I can't remember the pre hotfix release and if I removed any units from the Descr_Strat.

The obvious remedy is to get rid of all those stacks. Thats why your on -12k. This is a tough mod. Even with two towns you'll struggle to support a stack. Thats because I'm lazy with the resource side of things, preferring to work on titles all day and learning feudal era japanese.

However for the sake of service.

What add ons/sub mods/additional downloads are you running with RNJ.

I downloaded the 1.0 Hotfix and the (ALL-IN-ONE) SUB-MOD by kenny2010.That -12k situation is happenning on the first round!lol!

Thats because I'm lazy with the resource side of things, preferring to work on titles all day and learning feudal era japanese.
    If it interests you,try downloading books from the Osprey Publishing,specially these: http://www.ospreypublishing.com/eastern_warfare/

Kenny's all in one submod was built for pre-hot fix releases. It's not recommended that you use it with the current hot fix since it will alter alot of the work actually done by the offical team for the Hotfix and potentially remove implemented features, such as current titles/ancillaries/traits from characters.

Wundai's Avatar Artifex

Yes... as I put in the installation instructions

So how do I "unninstal" the pre-hotfix submod?

Delete the shogun2 folder in your rome totalwar/bi folder then do a clean download and install of RNJ and then the hotfix. Or just redownload the hotfix and overwrite all the files. But in order to be on the safe side, the former is better as it's a clean install and removes and underlying conflicts

So,as a side note,is there any submods I should install or only the mod+official hotfix?

You can install any submods you want to install. However the current availible Sub mods. Well made as they are have a few potential flaws here and there. As you've seen kennies mod is now apparently incompatible and I havn't played through any of the others at present. Consider it a voyage of discovery

I think I might be doing something awefully wrong here.I start a campaing,and in a few turns,my income gets negative!!!lol!This never happenned on Shogun 1 or 2 (the demo anyways..)..Well,living and learning!
    The mod is amazing guys,good work!!

No thats more common then you think. Currently there are few resources on the Campaign map. So that leaves Farming and Trade income as the mainstay source of fundage. To get other towns and increase your coffers you need to raise an army which is again quite costly. It encourages abstract thinking. Try playing on Normal Campaign Difficulty The economic penalties might be a touch lighter.

I am already trying to play it on easy lol!

Edit: I also noticed that sometimes I simply stop to have options to build stuff on towns.All towns have high population and happyness!
    Last edited by schwartzpedro; April 13, 2011 at 04:32 PM.

Thats a population issue. The hotfix was simply fixing many of the game breaking bugs in the prior release.

Anyways to continue building stuff?

Reach the required population thresholds as per normal.

Where do I see this?I'm used to the shogun 1 way of playing,and only played Shogun 2 on Demo (having shipping issues since I ordered the Chess set edition =D),so..what is this "pop threshold"?

Nevermind I found it..I'm just new to Rome Total War series

Glad we cleared that up without me having to do anything

Quote Originally Posted by StealthEvo View Post
    Glad we cleared that up without me having to do anything
    You lazy bastid!

Anyways,Loving it!

is there any way for me to put in the ability to recruit ships that kenny had in his submod into rnj and the current hotfix? i know absolutly zero about this sort of thing but not being able to build boats while the ai is dropping armys on me by sea is really starting to p*** me off. cheers

Yeah. Give me a day or three, depending on work to collate the transfer files for you. Could you send me (via pm) the relevant submod file please. I can also provide an offical addon if need be as well.

Leonn: I'm pretty sure that this is what you were asking for in the bug thread, correct?