Thread: What is pain?

Default What is pain?

It's waiting a full year for this Mod to come out. Running to uninstall RTW to roll it back to 1.2 only to run into a brick wall. I have the patches, the CDs and the EB beta but my computer refuses to recognize that RTW was uninstalled so I could go ahead and reinstall it. Every time I click on the setup icon the only option I get is to uninstall. Funny since I not only uninstalled, but went ahead and, per CA's instructions, uninstalled the danged thing manually.

Ah well, guess this'll have to wait, though at this rate I don't think I'll have it running without an OS reinstall which, for various reasons, is simply not feasible right now. Then again, it's an excuse to upgrade to an AMD platform eh?

The worst part? I get to be treated like a ninkumpoop by the CA support staff. As if somehow the fact that their installers look like they've been written by monkeys is my fault.

Semisalis

'Manually'? So you just selected the folder and hit delete then? Eh....CA would have never told you to do that.

Someone here might be able to tell you how to delete the installation from your registry. That would let you reinstall. I ran into the same problem you're having and that's how I fixed it, but I'll be damned if I remember how I did it.

Had the same trouble so I ran the uninstall program, turned out RTW was on my second drive even though I couldnt see it through normal means. Once it was uninstalled I just reinstalled RTW, then the patch then EB and man it's a good game. Damned hard, but every soldier counts now.

Well try starting the installer by starting up the cd, going to my computer, right clicking on it, selecting explore, then running the setup program. Maybe that would work?

Or remove the registry entries.

Quintus Valerius's Avatar Centenarius

Get "RegCleaner" (Google it - there are lots of websites that have it), run it, and clear out all registry references to Total War. It's a free download.
    DA MIHI SIS POCVLVM VINI FALERNI

Appreciate the tips but I didn't just delete the folder. I tried to uninstall but found no uninstall option anywhere and the CD uninstaller refused to work. So, after asking at RTW support forum, they directed me to the "official" manual uninstall procedure which involved extensively editing the registry. Unfortunately, they missed a few entries that may have been unique to my PC. I did a later search and destroy on anything related to RTW above and beyond the original directions and finally installed EB. So it's all good now..

I ha d the same problem while I managed to sucessfuly uninstal one RTW and keepping RTR in the hard drive, when I tried to re-instal RTW to play EB I was denied patching 1.2 with the message "game already patched!!!! I searched everything, destroyed every trace except for the RTR version with no sucesses!!! I'm to try a manual install of the patch!!! If someone has some idea, please PM me!!!!

Artifex

Default Re: What is pain?

See our website for downloads, including the manual install of the 1.2 patch.
    Ignoranti, quem portum petat, nullus suus ventus est. - Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by Khelvan
    See our website for downloads, including the manual install of the 1.2 patch.
    Thanks guys, the manual re-instal really solved it thanks a lot!

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

I don't know where I'd be without that manual install.