Thread: CPU disbanding.

Default CPU disbanding.

Just a suggestion, but is there a possible way to use scripts that would disband CPU troops that have a really low number? Since it doesn't retrain units, how about when a unit reaches a specific number it'll automatically get disbanded.

The only problem for this is that different unit sizes in the preferences can make it screwy.

No. It can't be done.

Seemingly a simple "No." was a too short post. Gah.

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by The Mark
    No. It can't be done.

Seemingly a simple "No." was a too short post. Gah.
    Are you sure? all sorts of things can be done with scripts in RTW. The TFT team managed to change victory conditions with a script in RTW vannila.
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

Artifex

The Mark is part of our scripting team. Our scripting team has changed victory conditions dramatically, as well as pushed the envelope in every way. I would go so far as to say that Epistolary Richard, the Mark, and LordBula are responsible for a huge portion of what the RTW community can do with scripting today.

That said, you are correct, people are very creative. However, in this respect, I would trust the Mark.
    Ignoranti, quem portum petat, nullus suus ventus est. - Seneca

Are you sure?
    Yes, I am :wink:

LorDBulA's Avatar Biarchus

And he is right too.

CA in its wisdom decided that its not necesary to provide us with appropriate command.

What's up with this company. I try to think "they made the game, I owe them for that" but deep down inside I hate them. I hate that company and every one in it. Even the guy who takes out the garbage.

The game is no longer making money for them, or won't be within the this coming year. They should just retire it and give out the hardcode. God knows some other companies have already hacked it and are now using it.

You have to remember that much of the RTW scripting language was a last-minute thing, bolted on in order to make the Prologue tutorials work. It's only because of evil modders - and here I point the finger squarely at Myrddraal - who realised that this 'educational tool' could be used with for previously inconceivable hardcode work-arounds that we're here to rue the missing pieces as it is.

LorDBulA's Avatar Biarchus

Hey dont bash CA.
    They didnt make this command becouse they didnt need it. Its so simple.
    Hey they never intended scripts to be used the way they are used now.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeJedi
    The game is no longer making money for them, or won't be within the this coming year. They should just retire it and give out the hardcode. God knows some other companies have already hacked it and are now using it.
    Even if this were true, you could never convince them of this. Anyway I am sure it is still making them dollars, and it will make a little more once they combine RTW and BI into either a 1 DVD release and/or a one box combo right before they release the next TW game. They've done it with Medieval w/ VI, and Shogun with Mongol Invasion.