Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5.0

Default 5.0

Whent to Attack the 1st gual city Game crash?

DADA's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_sgmorris
    Whent to Attack the 1st gual city Game crash?
    ...correct! the same problem.

Default CTD on first battle ! All is well in the end

I had a similar problem, when I started my Scipii campaign I got a CTD on my first battle (attacked Syracuse) However I have been playing the game all day and I have not encountered any problems Maybe we rushed the game, give it time to ease in so to speak. Oh ! I noticed the unit formations for the pre marian units have been changed from 3 ranks to 5. Is that to help the AI or are we saying good bye to realistic formations ? (my little romans are still holding their lines three ranks deep ) The new banners are nice and you certainly cant miss the new ships on the campaign map Any way, thanks for the great job Mr. LT I dont want to sound greedy but I cant wait for 6 hehehehehe

You cant soar like an eagle when you are flying with turkeys !

5.0 puts more stress on the CPU than 4.6 because of the larger unit sizes. Slower systems with heating issues and lowend cards may want to play on Large settiings.

Lt
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

no iv got the same proble with the crashing issue its not the settings or heat problem iv got an good vid card 6800 G force ultra and steady temp on the comp so its not that its an bug i think? Plz look into this.

{nF}remix's Avatar Wii will change gaming

yeah after my first battle as macedon on spqr 5.0 i also got a ctd

Well I dont know what to say, I suggest a complete clean install or NEW campaign using Saved games may cause bad things to happen. also just because you have a new card doesnt mean you cant have heating issues. I did and I had an ATI X800XT Platinum. ;-)

5.0 isnt really any different than 4.6 so I have no idea why anyone would have a crash, its clean stable and bug free. I played it myself for a while before ever uploading it to the servers.

Lt
    Lt_1956

Quote Originally Posted by nuada
    I had a similar problem, when I started my Scipii campaign I got a CTD on my first battle (attacked Syracuse) However I have been playing the game all day and I have not encountered any problems Maybe we rushed the game, give it time to ease in so to speak. Oh ! I noticed the unit formations for the pre marian units have been changed from 3 ranks to 5. Is that to help the AI or are we saying good bye to realistic formations ? (my little romans are still holding their lines three ranks deep ) The new banners are nice and you certainly cant miss the new ships on the campaign map Any way, thanks for the great job Mr. LT I dont want to sound greedy but I cant wait for 6 hehehehehe

You cant soar like an eagle when you are flying with turkeys !
    I also wander why unit rank formation changed??? I thought 5.0 grew up from 4.6 and formations used to be 3 rank deep for pre-marian...anyway I just want to report that I had my first CTD pre marian for the last 4/5 months playing SPQR... It never happened with this sort of units before I hope it's just a one off... I'm playing fresh RTW + patch1.2 + SPQR 5 + warcry and it happened when AI attacked for the second time in the same turn and just after the battle finished (loading campaign screen)... all try to repeat the incident

It might be the Warcry!

-Revan

That is true you may wish to be careful and dont use Warcry when playing SPQR 5.0 right now. I have had NO CTD for Weeks and SPQR 5.0 was already done and ready Weeks ago.

There is one thing that can cause RANDOM CTD its dealing with the Skymod, in custom battles if leaving the weather to random some random wether pattern can cause a CTD, I have never see any CTD in campaign, but in Custom battles with Random weather sometimes it does. But its RARE.

I am very confident in SPQR 5.0, hence why there was no Bug thread, there isnt any bugs worth mentioning. lol 5.0 is done, the new unit sizes DO tax the PC. But the good news is for the little guys you can play Large units and still have a fun game, you couldnt do that before.

Lt
    Lt_1956

Quote Originally Posted by Revan The Great
    It might be the Warcry!

-Revan

hmm, i haven't got any ctds yet. my game does however seem to run sluggish (it might be that I haven't rebooted my pc since i deleted 4.6, recopied vanilla 1.2, then put in 5.0)

if you continue to have ctds, unistall warcry mod and see if you still get them. it could possibly be something random too.

for a while I had ctds (pre-warcry) if I saved a game in the campaign pre-battle screen. when I went to fight on screen, the game ctd in the real-time battle screen (i think it had something to do with me setting my rome priority to highest in my task manager). I haven't gotten any ctds since.

is it just me, or is there no intro video anymore?
    Last edited by NorthHammer; December 30, 2005 at 08:57 PM.

Nope no intro for 5.0 but 6.0 should have one.
    Lt_1956

Methoz's Avatar Senator
    Bohemia (Czech: Čechy; German: Böhmen) (CZE)

i have problem - have RTW 1.2 (clear) - install SPQR 5.0 - play PROLOGUE - and in PROLOGUE wneh started battle - game crash and kick me to win
    is possible play only CAMPAIGN without PROLGUE ?
    sorry (bad english)
    TotalWarForum.cz
    Česko-Slovenské fórum o hrách ze série Total War

There's not supposed to be a prolouge at all in SPQR.

-Revan

Quote Originally Posted by Methoz
    i have problem - have RTW 1.2 (clear) - install SPQR 5.0 - play PROLOGUE - and in PROLOGUE wneh started battle - game crash and kick me to win
    is possible play only CAMPAIGN without PROLGUE ?
    sorry (bad english)

If you can't play the campaign, try to open the "preferences.txt" in RTW root folder and change this line:
    "FIRST_TIME_PLAY:TRUE" to:

"FIRST_TIME_PLAY:FALSE"
    "I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self." - Aristotle

I also seem to get a CTD anytime I try to get into a battle on the Campaign map. Using a fresh install of RTW with the 1.2 patch installed, and no other mods, etc. Checked to make sure and nothing is overheating. Heck, the battle doesn't even get to the loading screen. Crashes before the loading bar even comes up.
    The Monks of Cool, whose tiny and exclusive monastery is hidden in a really cool and laid-back valley in the lower Ramtops, have a passing-out test for a novice. He is taken into a room full of all types of clothing and asked: Yo, my son, which of these is the most stylish thing to wear? And the correct answer is: Hey, whatever I select.
    -- (Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies)

Quote Originally Posted by DADA
    ...correct! the same problem.
    meh, me too...
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

"attack the argument, not the person saying it" -lee1026
    Sig by Manji

Kind of makes me wish I kept my copy of 4.6 hanging around. Is it still available for download anywhere?
    The Monks of Cool, whose tiny and exclusive monastery is hidden in a really cool and laid-back valley in the lower Ramtops, have a passing-out test for a novice. He is taken into a room full of all types of clothing and asked: Yo, my son, which of these is the most stylish thing to wear? And the correct answer is: Hey, whatever I select.
    -- (Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies)

the battels are blury has ony one the same problem

There is nothing wrong with 5.0. if you realize how stupid it sounds. doesnt anyone understand that MOST of 4.6 is in 5.0 that its been done for WEEKS and that not ONE CTD issue was involved in all the playtesting, plus the fact that 4.6 has been played to ddeath. Most of the issues with systems. The game on HUGE settings will tax your system, after all 240 men on the other factions produce HUGE armies, and the higher numbers stress the PC's. I suggest if you are getting frequent CTD's and you have NO other mods installed and did a clean install etc. then play on LARGE settings not huge and see if you still get the CTD's.

Also when you do a clean install and oinstall the 1.2 patch, you Play the prologue FIRST BEFORE you install SPQR. or you can just set the setting of first time play to FALSE.

But this is Done BEFORE you Install SPQR mod. Also if you dont do a clean install or are playing a Saved game, there can be issues, but then again thats common sense, which in reality nowadays isnt really common. lol

Anyway hope this helps.
    Lt_1956

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast