Thread: WRE Bodyguards glitch!

Default WRE Bodyguards glitch!

Hello, i have this problem, it worked great the first time i played, but then, i reinstall the game a few weeks ago and i get this glitch with bodyguards only. So weird.

I did reinstall video drivers,sound, mobo, etc... and i also reinstall RTW with BI + patches..

Canīt find a solution for this... and again, it only happen with WRE Bodyguards.

http://server2.uploadit.org/files/booker-wre.JPG

itīs seem like they had 2 more arms.. this happen when iīm at tha distance, if i move closer, they look fine.

That happens in my game as well, are you sure it wasn't around the first time?

From the looks of it, it might be a problem with the lod models. Go into your dmb file and look under the imperial_german_bodyguard model

I think it's the 3 version which has the problems as looking at in in max it's missing its arms.

Try replacing reference to the BI_unit_imperial_german_bodyguard_lod3.cas to BI_unit_imperial_german_bodyguard_lod4.cas - I think it fixed it up for me.

Of course there's another model problem in that unit in that the spear points are wrong, but I don't know an easy fix for that one.

Thanks! iīm going to try that now.. if i have more questions iīll be back.

Iīm certain it wasnīt there the first time, coz i played an entire roman wester camapign and i didnīt have that issue... i didnīt remember when this started, but... iīm 80% sure it wasnīt there the first time.

Be right back with results!

Edit:Let me know if this is correct, i went to BI directory, then BI Units Model, and then i deleted
    BI_unit_imperial_german_bodyguard_lod3.CAS, and use the BI_unit_imperial_german_bodyguard_lod4.CAS and used this same file for BI_unit_imperial_german_bodyguard_lod3.CAS

So the lod3 and lod4 are the same now.... itīs correct?
    Last edited by booker; December 30, 2005 at 09:42 AM.

thanks you soooo much!.... it fixed it now!!! I didnīt notice any secondary problems, it perfect this way!... thank you again!

Well, I did it in the descr_model_battle text file, but same effect

ops!... yeah it would be cleaner that way... so you donīt messed up with files, etc.. but oh well, is done and is working

thanks again!...