Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A modder's guide to errors

Default Re: A modder's guide to errors

Hello
    I'm have big problem with my mod
    When i'm playing 10, 20 ,30 turn everything is ok but i'm must play with out loading save game
    example
    when i'm play (22 turn this not imprortant) and save game and next time when i'm turn on RTW, load save game and press Turn button i'm have CTD on Rebels symbol.(When AI turn geting to end)

I'm need ypu help because i'm have don't idea..:hmmm:

deatails:

- A family member being generated without a general_unit for the faction.
    check everything is ok because i'm nothing change in export_descr_unit.txt whit generals

- A new character is generated and not given a valid name.
    check everything is ok, all character name have name form descr_names.txt form character faction

- Some building bonuses in the same building level as certain unit recruitment strings (this will happen both during AI turn and when the building is right-clicked).i' don't now what this is?

- Units able to be recruited in EDB but no faction "ownership" for a faction in EDU.check everything is ok, but ther are many lines and i'm can be wrong...

- Units added to descr_rebel_factions.txt but no slave faction ownership in EDU.
    check everything is ok because im dont modyfitet this only add 2 rebels factions whit unists(vannilia) in this file

- Units added to descr_mercenaries.txt but no mercenary_unit in EDU. i'm check everything is ok

HELP!

What have you changed in the mod you are playing?

A lot's of files but i'm have a this hard problem

But when i'm playing mod i'm don't nothing change in the files...

This are full list of my modyfited files, if that can help you...

PS. i'm have very large map.rwm 12 MB?
    Last edited by Tiberius Caesar Augustus; January 26, 2009 at 02:43 PM.

Is it possible for you to go back to a previous version of the mod that worked? Or have you made no safety backups?

well i had to go back to the clean RTW+BI+ALEX to fix similar problem
    sometimes it's just a single letter in the txt files... or incompatibile file in modfolder...
    click?

no i'm don't have backup files only this but i'm see that "loading and click end button turn CTD" have when i'm play Romans, if i'm play carthage every thing is ok..
    Last edited by Tiberius Caesar Augustus; January 27, 2009 at 05:08 AM.

If you have not changed names, it's probably something in descr_strat. What have you done to that file? Added/moved armies, characters, settlements? Generally, what have you changed on your map?

i'm change tree roman factions to one Roman Republic with senate in Rome

and every scipi and brutii armies, relations of family, ships to romans_julli

and i'm don' change names but i'm check now...
    Last edited by Tiberius Caesar Augustus; January 28, 2009 at 07:19 AM.

Your family tree looks rather complex there, I'd slim it down first.

Expand your borders, a mod based on XGM 5.

I'm know what is a problem it is a
    faction romans_julii, bureaucrat caesar
    superfaction romans_senate

when i'm deleted this game works good when i'm load save gam and click turn button game don't CTD and i'm can normal play but why
    superfaction romans_senate having problem with CTD??(wen i'm play julli and old romans fractions)
    i'm asking because i'm like senate mission whe play julli
    Can i'm some to do with this bug? Or senat mission died for ever in my mod??

Faridus's Avatar Centenarius

i got this error while working on the campaign map using TiME mapping tool.
    any idea how to fix this issue?

By making sure descr_strat, descr_regions and your_campaign_regions_and_settlements_names, all contain the region "Helvetia" properly defined. Check for any space characters after the word's last letter too.

hmmm...
    just doublechecked those files, nothing seems to be wrong with helvetia!!!
    i'm at a loss...

Try renaming your campaign so that it's Map_Mod, instead of Map Mod.

i will...thanks for your help.

Hi, I have another problem during the battle
    after a few minutes i'm have CTD wihtout message

But in files my mod
    everything seems to be well done
    what is the problem?

PS . I'm have darth mod(formations and AI)

I've found an errorless CTD.

Referring to a non-existent show-me script in export_descr_advice causes an errorless CTD at the loading screen.

Expand your borders, a mod based on XGM 5.

I only got through the first three pages of the thread and have to leave soon, but I do have a question I haven't seen answered in the mapping section or here. I have an unusual bug in the BoA mod. It started to appear when a campaign map was made for the mod. Most of the custom battle maps appear to be bugged now. Starting battles in most custom maps floods the entire map, killing all units from the start (though it doesn't instantly end the battle). On at least one occasion, attempting to add a fort to the custom map caused an errorless CTD. A few maps still work (I've been using the grassy plains map for playtests), but both vanilla maps and maps made by the BoA team prior to my edits are getting flooded.

Does anyone know what the issue is, or at least what its related to? I have NOT touched any mapping elements whatsoever, only text editing and a few textures for units.

The custom battles are certain places of the campaign map. If the dimensions/terrain of the campaign map have changed(from what they were originally in vanilla for example) you need to edit the coordinates of each of those custom battles too. Otherwise there are good chances for the maps to be located in the sea area(hence your problem). The file concerned is custom_locations from the main data folder and you have the x and y values there that you need to update for each battle map.

brilliant thanks. I heard someone say something along those lines but had no idea how it worked.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast