Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Play any Instruments?

PyrrhusIV's Avatar Primicerius

Default Play any Instruments?

I posted this on another forum, but considering TWC is so large, I decided it could go here too. So, does anyone here play any Instruments? Part of a band? Not? If so, post here with what you play!

I can do the Guitar, Electric or Acoustic, and the Hofner Bass Violin Guitar. Trying to learn Piano right now, but pretty tough to get the right catchy tune :laughing: .

For those of you that dont know what a Hofner Bass is:

Note: I posted this here because of all the music discussion in this sub-forum.
    Last edited by PyrrhusIV; December 29, 2005 at 09:16 PM.

i play guitar. Started about 4 months ago but most friends play so i have progressed pretty fast with their guidance. I have even written a few songs, which although basic, arent that bad

Darkragnar's Avatar Member of Ordo Malleus

I am learning to play the Guitar althought its only been 1 month since i started going to the classes.
    Member of the House of Marenostrum
    They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say ****, it's raining!

Civitate

Always wanted to learn to play the guitar. Man what I wouldn't give if I could play a song like hotel california. Or every Metallica song for that matter. About 3 years ago I played the guitare for a while and then I stopped because I got bored I think. I am not worthy .

Also I'm planning to learn to play the piano later on in life .
    In patronicvm svb Jesus The Inane

I, too, play the bass

And some guitar too, of course. but my main instrument is the bass. and my vocal cords.

btw, yours is one of the most beautiful bass models I've seen isn't that the model that p. mccartney used? I've seen one last year in a beatles expo in my town.
    Last edited by Solar; December 29, 2005 at 12:35 PM.
    believe in nothing.

I'm a pianist.
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

I once tried to play the guitar - it gently weeped in protest, so I left it alone.

I might have been able to play if I had ever practiced or payed attention in the classes, but meh. I forgot all the chords, except for G.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

I have played piano for 6 years now. I learn quickly, so it seems.

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

haha. I'm beating you by 2 years....

Been playing since I was 7 years old. And I drum a bit.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

btw, yours is one of the most beautiful bass models I've seen isn't that the model that p. mccartney used? I've seen one last year in a beatles expo in my town.
    Yup, same model, same year and everything. Built to the same standards, the only thing different was it was built a few years ago. I love it

Thank you very much for the compliment

Sidus Preclarum's Avatar Honnête Homme.

Used to play the piano, but Schubert, Brahms, Debussy, &c, bored me senseless: had my teacher been somewhat clever, he would have reoriented me to the harpsichord, seeing how on the other hand I enjoyed Bach, and was rather good at it. But no, he just tried to force more Schubert, Brahms, Debussy, &c down my throat... So I quit, and couldn't play anything for the love of God despite 10 years of practice...Bah, life is made of such little lost opportunities...
    Still play the baroque recorder though...

Flogger's Avatar Senator

Cello (grade 4!) , bass guitar, i have a keyboard at home also. i can play a couple of chords on guitar as well but it is not one of my main instruments.
    Stealing TWC's smilies since 2005

I have been playing the Viola (the forgotten, depraved, bastard child of the string orchestra) for over nine years (I'm 17). I really love this instrument for its tone and rich sound, and the fact that it is so much easier to get into a college playing the viola.
    Harbringer
    Your future is in my hands

I'm surprised so many people here play instruments actually! I'm pretty happy today cause the band i'm, we released our first album today, maybe i'll upload a song or two tonight :wink:

CaptainCernick's Avatar Trouvère
    In between Holland, Germany, France aaand... Luxemburg!

Quote Originally Posted by PyrrhusIV
    I'm surprised so many people here play instruments actually! I'm pretty happy today cause the band i'm, we released our first album today, maybe i'll upload a song or two tonight :wink:
    I created a similar thread a while ago and I was actually disappointed at the response. I mean, how many hundreds of active members are there on these boards and only so few play an instrument!
    Anyway, I play the clarinet for about 7-8 years (I can't really remember exactly when I started playing).
    Anyone here play in an orchestra (symphonic/wind band/...)?

Siggy pic courtesy of the uncomparably artistic Atterdag.
    Tacticalwithdrawal
    is my patron.

I finally decided to take a pic of my setup and upload it:
    believe in nothing.

Dutchpower's Avatar Senator

I play guitar. The one in my sig is one of the guitars i have
    Batavorum miliaria.

"Tits or GTFO. You know the rules and so do I."

Darkragnar's Avatar Member of Ordo Malleus

Quote Originally Posted by Solar
    I finally decided to take a pic of my setup and upload it:
    god damn thats a good guitar alright, one question how much did it all cost u i mean the complete kit?

that is a zoom isnt it? that brown box below the speaker?

i have a spanish classical guitar, something like this one,although mines black
    Last edited by Darkragnar; January 13, 2006 at 09:39 AM.
    Member of the House of Marenostrum
    They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say ****, it's raining!

Saint-Germain's Avatar Comte

I used to play guitar (I wasn't too bad, but when I changed schools there was no-one willing to teach me). Now I play saxophone (Grade 7 woohoo ) and I'm trying to teach myself piano.
    né Menander
    Under the covetous wing of Ozymandias
    Patronizing my favourite (not so) little guy, Turbo

"With this weather, it might as well be Thursday..."

CaptainCernick's Avatar Trouvère
    In between Holland, Germany, France aaand... Luxemburg!

Quote Originally Posted by Menander
    I used to play guitar (I wasn't too bad, but when I changed schools there was no-one willing to teach me). Now I play saxophone (Grade 7 woohoo ) and I'm trying to teach myself piano.
    Finaly, another woodwind!
    What does "grade 7" mean actually. By which rating system does it work?
    I occasionaly try to play a bit of saxophone, they say it should be fairly easy for clarinettists, but I find it very hard to control the tone. I get squeaks very often. That may be due to the mouthpiece, however. I'll try a harder reed next time. Ah well, I'd better be practising this new piece I got from my clarinet teacher or I'll be spanked for sure next lesson

Siggy pic courtesy of the uncomparably artistic Atterdag.
    Tacticalwithdrawal
    is my patron.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast