Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: RS II: PATCH 2.1a (including all previous fixes)

Default Re: *** RS 2.1 PATCH NOW OUT! Download thread ***

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

I don't kno wtf did I do but now it works!!

WOOOOTT!!!

Lulz, and why is there a "launcher" file to download if the patch already comes with a launcher in the launcher folder...?

So far Rome (0turn and one turn), sparta, gallaeci and pergammon run ok.

lulz...
    "By what right does the wolf judge the lion?"

HMonk's Avatar Decanus

Maybe a new installer of the whole mod w/patch might take care of it. I know it's a vary large prg. but that might be the way to go.
    The Best Computer is Your Computer!

Wittman's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by lolzillaXD!!! View Post
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

I don't kno wtf did I do but now it works!!

WOOOOTT!!!

Lulz, and why is there a "launcher" file to download if the patch already comes with a launcher in the launcher folder...?

So far Rome (0turn and one turn), sparta, gallaeci and pergammon run ok.

lulz...
    how did you make it work?
    Please check your PM folder-Garb.

Quote Originally Posted by Wittman View Post
    how did you make it work?
    I don't know man!

I uninstalled and reinstalled it for like 8 times in a row using BI.

Then I made a fresh RTW 1.5 copy folder, same outcome, some campaigns just didn't load, sometimes the launcher wouldn't even work (saying something about missing files).

Then I installed it up to ALEX (i used BI since i read that its more "balanced"), same BS.

Then I copied another fresh version of BI, installed RSII, then extracted the files from the zip to a temporary folder, then copied/pasted everything... and voila!!!

Suddenly it works!!

I have no idea what the -F- did I do or not do, but that last attempt was no different than the others.

lulz.

EDIT

I just read that people are "installing launchers"... um why not use the one in the Launcher folder?
    Last edited by Dramatic Cat; November 21, 2010 at 11:07 PM. Reason: lolz

Gaaah!!! It sounds soooooo coool but I am too far in my Roman campaign on 2.0 to just ditch it...

Two questions though:

First is it even working haha? I've scrolled through this thread and it seems rather...confused?

Second, how long do the barracks take to construct now?

How do you know if you installed the new patch correctly? Will you get a launcher that says rs2.1 My regular launcher works perfectly and it won't change. So I don't what Im might be doing wrong. What a mystery!

/

Well, my launcher has the one-turn roman campaign... I tried it and it is indeed a one-turn campaign...

lolz

AspisPhalanx90's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Putasokinhet View Post
    Gaaah!!! It sounds soooooo coool but I am too far in my Roman campaign on 2.0 to just ditch it...

Two questions though:

First is it even working haha? I've scrolled through this thread and it seems rather...confused?

Second, how long do the barracks take to construct now?
    I Havent noticed the barracks change much, but i HAVE noticed it takes 2 turns to train generals, and 1 turn to train elites (noticed it when i was trying to train up a couple units of Agryaspides to add to my egyptian invasion force). I havnt gotten any problems thus far, and im at 103 S.E
    Flavius Julius Constantinus, adopted Patrician, 30

Well, add me to the list of people who have started up the patched game with no troubles... Though I'm playing the Rome 0-turn game.

In cruising around the map at the start I'm struck by the huge number of units now available to recruit. Somewhat shocking that so many archers are available. It truly makes more sense to tie the local troops to the ally/client building, but shouldn't a minimal barracks level be needed too? Being able to crank out tons of units from Dyrrhachium on turn 1 seems to be much less of a challenge now. I loved the ability to gain new units over time ---sort of a reward for all that patient building.

Also, both flavors of republican skirmisher are available in Sardinia at the very start. Something funky going on there.

Tis Holiness's Avatar Foederatus

yup im with legio romani how do we know if we have installed it correctly

( i had to overwrite 3 files in the launcher menu) found no problems......

1 more thing.....was there a campus marius in Roma on version 2.0?
    i really cant remember lol but if there wasnt then i suppose its changed?:S

Jaytee's Avatar Miles

***One of the team said that the Cimbri ports would be addressed but obviously they haven't.***

There is one which is blocked in by land. (See odd photos thread) And the others will never make trade links to anyone, even the port of the settlement next to them. Please fix this.

I noticed a launcher link but no patch link. What's going on? Why is there a new launcher??

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post

I noticed a launcher link but no patch link. What's going on? Why is there a new launcher??
    Errr...if you read the writing in red where the patch link should be, it tells you why!

**RS Dev Team***Reciprocal Repper!* RIP Calvin- you will be missed

Tis Holiness's Avatar Foederatus

ah even i didnt read the red.....phew......glad my short rome campaign is over (i just got beat by a hell of aload of rebels that surprised me) glad that epic fail is over

I managed to get the patch while the main download links were still up. I've started a Rome 0 Turn campaign and it works beautifully! RSII feels much more smooth as well which is great.

I'll try out the greek factions to see whether they're okay.

When I first extracted the patch to my RSII folder, there was no overwrite warnings... So I cancelled it and tried again and I got the overwrite warnings.

Anyway, everything seems to be fine for me.

Edit: I tried Pergamun and it crashes when it gets to the end of the loading bar...
    Last edited by JohnGlave; November 22, 2010 at 03:48 AM.

Default Re: *** RS 2.1 PATCH delayed***

I managed to start properly a rome 0 turn campaign without problems so far, but ctd's in macedon and greeks campaigns at the end of the loading bar. In addition sometimes, not always, after selecting the faction from the launcher then the game load the custom battles instead of the faction campaign.

saneel's Avatar Senator

ok how you make this work? I only got launcher,...

in conclusion: Romans campaigns (both 0 and 1 turns) are ok...greek,macedon and hellenistic campaigns are bugged (crush on loading screen)...right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
    in conclusion: Romans campaigns (both 0 and 1 turns) are ok...greek,macedon and hellenistic campaigns are bugged (crush on loading screen)...right?
    that seems to be the way of it yeah,1 turn campaigns with all factions i have tried work on mine trouble is i am a 0 turn man myself

Quote Originally Posted by saneel View Post
    ok how you make this work? I only got launcher,...
    Download the patch from page 5 it will contain the full thing not just the launcher.

Sethiiro's Avatar Civis

Can some one do me a huge favour please, upload a campaign with Sparta on zero turn with Alex so I can see if I can load it up?
    " Fear is a potent weapon "

Pinky: "Gee, Brain, what do you want to do tonight?"
    The Brain: "The same thing we do every night, Pinky—try to take over the world!"