Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: RS II: PATCH 2.1a (including all previous fixes)

Wittman's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: *** RS 2.1 PATCH NOW OUT! Download thread ***

I just reinstalled for the 2 time entire Rome and RS2 and now not one faction wont start
    Please check your PM folder-Garb.

what I got to do exactly to install? I only see a .AU3 file that canīt be opened and a .exe one.

Drowsy's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    what I got to do exactly to install? I only see a .AU3 file that canīt be opened and a .exe one.
    That's the new launcher The download link was removed due to some problems. If u can't wait or want to beta-test u can still download it, it was posted a few pages back.

AspisPhalanx90's Avatar Senator

No troubles on my end, just ran a few turns of a seleucid campaign....gotta say i got a little scared wehn i saw the new dating system
    Flavius Julius Constantinus, adopted Patrician, 30

Played a few hours no problem, then it has ctd twice after a battle.
    "I should like to see...the last king strangled with the guts of the last priest"

Quote Originally Posted by Drowsy View Post
    That is odd, maybe its some modification some players made that didn't get overwritten and is now conflicting. Maybe it's a evil Greek y2k bug
    Nope a few of us have tried clean installs and still having problems.:

Grouchio's Avatar Vicarius

what's the new dating system? And where the **** are the devs?!

Seleucids the first year is 94 A.S...which i assume is a form of "94 years since the founding of the Arche Seleukia"

Wittman's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by General Brittanicus View Post
    Nope a few of us have tried clean installs and still having problems.:
    Any word on some solution to this problem?
    Please check your PM folder-Garb.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Guys, I apologize for all the issues. I tested this patch numerous times, started all the campaigns, and had it installed on the release version of RS2. I was trying too hard, I guess, to get the dang thing out. I uploaded it Saturday night, and then left Sunday morning and drove all day to visit relatives. So there's nothing I can do....I don't understand why some people are having NO crashes, and others nothing BUT crashes...makes no sense. Are you all SURE that when you extracted the files you were asked to 'overwrite' other files? If so, it's going into the right folder. If not, then it's installed wrong....then again, if installed wrong, it should affect nothing.

I'm sorry for all the bother, but I'll have to address this next week if there hasn't been a fix.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

It may seem that releasing a mod is the part of the development process that`s in the bag but it isn`t. It`s actually a pretty tense and time consuming part. dvk, how was the patch packed? As a simple archive? Maybe having an installer(a simple one if you only need to overwrite files and not do anything fancy) would have been more user friendly. There is the chance that something goes wrong in this respect. Also, have you taken measures to do away with existing map.rwm files? By overwriting them with an empty one for example.

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    Guys, I apologize for all the issues. I tested this patch numerous times, started all the campaigns, and had it installed on the release version of RS2. I was trying too hard, I guess, to get the dang thing out. I uploaded it Saturday night, and then left Sunday morning and drove all day to visit relatives. So there's nothing I can do....I don't understand why some people are having NO crashes, and others nothing BUT crashes...makes no sense. Are you all SURE that when you extracted the files you were asked to 'overwrite' other files? If so, it's going into the right folder. If not, then it's installed wrong....then again, if installed wrong, it should affect nothing.

I'm sorry for all the bother, but I'll have to address this next week if there hasn't been a fix.

DVK, i manually extrated every file and copied it over carefully, and no issues. Im going to write up a small readme and then upload the mac edition, so if theres anyway to get a sticky or add it to the thread, let me know and ill upload it there

for everyone. I recommend being very careful on the overwriting...make sure your actually adding the files rather then replacing the folder with the new ones. Ive made that mistake before and ended up erasing all the "text" folder except for "export_unit"

ARGHHHH

This didn't work!!!

I can get the launcher to work allright but not a single campaign will load!!!

And the roman 0-turn campaign Ctd'd when I pushed the end turn!!!

Very angry face!!

>

EDIT: I used both installers
    Last edited by Dramatic Cat; November 21, 2010 at 08:49 PM. Reason: i forgotz
    "By what right does the wolf judge the lion?"

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by florin80 View Post
    Maybe having an installer(a simple one if you only need to overwrite files and not do anything fancy) would have been more user friendly. There is the chance that something goes wrong in this respect.
    well...with all due respect...there is nothing you can do wrong with copypasting...its like suggesting that people need a manual to have a piss...
    If people managed to install RSII thers is no point discussing such an issue like copypasting...

btw no ctd over here...I use new launcher...submods...win7...

I have a CTD everytime the campaign map is about to load. I manually copy+paste'd the new patch files as well as the new launcher files.

Guess I wont be playing the new patch for a while

How about putting the download link back up?

Quote Originally Posted by apple View Post
    Ok I'm unofficially re releasing the patch. Only use it with a unmodded RS 2.0 and on your own risk.
    http://www.filefront.com/17540073/RS_21_Patch.zip/

Also this is the only link I have so don't ask for another host. /apple

Edit: updated link.
    Quote Originally Posted by Centaurion View Post
    How about putting the download link back up?
    It was on page five

Thank you good sir!

NightEye's Avatar Ordinarius

I was really pumped when I saw this thread. Dang... I guess the wait continues, not that I mind I'm planning to finish up a campaign before installing.
    War... War never changes
    Made in Heaven
    Every time you think you've seen it all, life decides to toss several WTF moments at you all over again.

[RS 2.1a] Seleucid Unit Expansion V2

I just tried the Roman 1 turn campaign and it works perfectly for me on Steam.

Just download the patch, extract it to a folder and copy / paste that folder into your RS II installation.