Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: RS II: PATCH 2.1a (including all previous fixes)

Wittman's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: *** RS 2.1 PATCH NOW OUT! Download thread ***

I know it was you RS 2,you broke my heart,you broke my heart!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aV9X2d-f5g
    Please check your PM folder-Garb.

Civis

Seems to be a pretty huge problem with the launcher. First time I launched a Roman campaign it worked perfectly, second time it takes me to what I assume is the menu for custom/historical battles.

Has anyone tried to launch it with the pre patch launcher? im using that and it works..
    Aulus Petillius Vespasianus: Patrician, Senator, Age 32

Von koh's Avatar Decanus

Im using 2.0 launcher and works, one crash only

My gallery Rep if you like.
    6 UESW victory.

can you confirm that with old launcher game works fine?
    Last edited by Ryo; November 21, 2010 at 11:46 AM.

I'm having a BI error message when starting campaigns even when using ALX.exe.

I'm going to re-download the patch to the desktop and move into into the RS folder from there.

Or not seeing as the links are gone...

The 2.0 launcher is the pre patch launcher i think.

I think the new launcher is just the steam launcher that was allready released. The game worked fine with that launcher, it is the patch itself, not the launcher, that is causing problems.

I am currently re-installing the pre-patch RS and will wait till the patch is 100% working before i re-download.

Civis

See I'm not so sure about that since my problems are stemming directly from the launcher. The first time it ran it crashed due to the diplomat bribery thing, second time it was fine. Gonna replace the new launcher with the old one and see if that fixes it.

well no because whenever i try and use the new launcher an error comes up saying " background music file doesn't exist" or something like that and "eagle sound file doesn't exist". there is also no images on the launcher.

However if i use the pre patch launcher everything works fine in game (so far) the launcher all looks correct and there are no errors.

I'm using the launcher downloaded from the "steam launcher" thread. Apple says it is the same launcher here, the only diffrence might be between the download links.

After re-installing RS but with the new launcher the game works fine, it dosn't crash when trying to start a campaign. So for me at least it is a definite problem with the patch.

This is the error I keep getting whenever I try and start Roma Surrectum II now. I've tried installing it again, and even installing RTW from scratch, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Any ideas?

well this was all bound to happen. It usually does just after a release Its just weird we are all having completely different problems.

Smokey bacon , do you reckon you can give me a couple of details from your new patched game which i can cross check with mine to check if it installed properly? like unit costs and such?

EDIT: pinglord have you tried opening it as an administrator? Right click on the launcher and run as admin.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Pinglord View Post

This is the error I keep getting whenever I try and start Roma Surrectum II now. I've tried installing it again, and even installing RTW from scratch, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Any ideas?
    I'm pretty sure that error is why they tell you to download RSII to your desktop THEN copy it to your RTW directory. I had it too when I first downloaded RSII but it worked fine afterward.

C-Rob's Avatar Primicerius

the client state roman building and the reduced income are the parts that makes me so excited with this update that I will download it now and scorn my homework. : )

^ if you can get it too work

Sethiiro's Avatar Civis

Well I tried re downloading the patch didn't help at all, what seems really odd is the game is now lagging where it didn't before but having said that I' trying Rome as its the only one I know will start and I've not played it before.
    " Fear is a potent weapon "

Pinky: "Gee, Brain, what do you want to do tonight?"
    The Brain: "The same thing we do every night, Pinky—try to take over the world!"

Roman campaign works perfectly (BI, patch and and new installer). Great work, dev team!

C-Rob's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator_OfRome View Post
    ^ if you can get it too work
    yeah definitely spoke too soon. Ohwell. Back to work then

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator_OfRome View Post
    well this was all bound to happen. It usually does just after a release Its just weird we are all having completely different problems.

Smokey bacon , do you reckon you can give me a couple of details from your new patched game which i can cross check with mine to check if it installed properly? like unit costs and such?

EDIT: pinglord have you tried opening it as an administrator? Right click on the launcher and run as admin.
    Have you tried the campaigns other than rome? I think sethiiro could get his rome campaign to work as well it was just virtually all the others that didnt.