Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Would soldiers perform better if they had a music soundtrack playing in the back ground while in combat?

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default Re: Would soldiers perform better if they had a music soundtrack playing in the back ground while in combat?

Quote Originally Posted by 43rdFoot View Post
    It's like some people on here have never heard of humor before.
    I don't know about everyone else, but I was being serious.

Pious Agnost's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Would soldiers perform better if they had a music soundtrack playing in the back ground while in combat?

manofarms89's Avatar Senator
    La Puente, California, United States of America

I know its fictional, but in World War Z, US soldiers would play Iron Maiden's "The Trooper", to lure the zombies to them as well as to pump up the troops.

The answer is obvious. Listening to music before a fight could make soldiers pumped, listening during would make them (a) distracted and (b) less concentrated (whether you want it or not), but aside from those, it could also make soldiers (c) more reckless.

So no, just..no.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian General View Post
    The answer is obvious. Listening to music before a fight could make soldiers pumped, listening during would make them (a) distracted and (b) less concentrated (whether you want it or not), but aside from those, it could also make soldiers (c) more reckless.

So no, just..no.
    Yeah, because being pumped during something like a combat situation is the thing you want to be.

But since when does stimulation per se distract rather than, you know, stimulate? Couldn't it depend on the kind of music you are listening to, and the way you are listening to it?

seriously guys it doesn't looks epic on films yes but reality is something different soldiers aren't careless fearless people like in the films.

A pumped soldier is a soldier, he is careless, unfocused on his objective, un-controlled, could disobey orders.

Adrenaline is a much stronger version of drugs and alcohol, captain doesn't want to utilize or work with drunk or drugged soldiers.

Some people get shot and don't even know it because they are so pumped full of adrenaline, strongest buzz your get, it can be incredibly dangerous sometimes.

Danny_K_1's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Azog 150 View Post
    I know bagpipes were still being used in World War 2. Troops on Sword beach went ashore with the bagpipes blaring, and Jack Churchill famously played the pipes during Operation Archery

Aye a think one of them recently died, has a statue and everything. Those guys must have either been really brave or really stupid but either way I respect them; its just so badass.

thatguy's Avatar Domesticus

I imagine it'd have some pretty sever metnal effects.
    I'm no phychologist, but I reckon that listening to death metal and getting amped up "to kill" is probably going o screw up that soldier.
    Either by turning him into a sever PTSD patient or by making him into something worse: A monster who enjoys war.

But imaging if you suffer from PTSD and your squad always bput ACDC on when going to battle. You'd never e able to listen to them or hear them on the radio or you'd freak out.

I dunno, other then the standard, intelligent reasons like "Real Life isn't CoD" and "Not being able to hear gunfire and the enemy is very stupid" I just dont think it'd be a good idea.

http://www.battledebate.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rapax View Post
    Or perhaps you've been missing the point of modern warfare? Crush the enemy within a month and then fight an insurgency for the next 10 years..
    Quote Originally Posted by spl00ge View Post
    I just got 9 inches.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3