Steam's nickname:
    von Peretz
    GMT+2

For funs of history and a long campaign

1. Historic rules

France vs Russia
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    1.1. France.
    France could attack Russian home regions after the conquest of the whole of Europe (excluding Sweden, Denmark, Portugal, Gibraltar, Turkey, Sardinia and Sicily). Spain, Batavia, Italy (include Milan, Naples and Venice), Bavaria (Tyrol can be attached to Bavaria), Hessen, Saxony, Württemberg, Mecklenburg, Oldenburg and Duchy of Warsaw should be protectorates. Austria and Prussia must be allies (not protectorates) and they will declare war on Russia (at the same time). All regions (austrian and prussian) should be returned to the conquered countries for an alliance (except liberated states) as well as spanish regions. France can not negotiate peace with Britain.
    Direction of the invasion of France in Russia: Vilnius - Minsk - Smolensk - Moscow. Invasion into other areas is prohibited.
    1.2. Russia.
    Russia could attack the French home regions after the French invasion of Russia. Russia could also do it in January 1813. Russia could attack Piedmont, Hannover and Flanders without limit. In the case of capture Piedmont, Nothern Italy, Bavaria and Flanders Russia should pass it to the Austrian Empire. Hannover can be returned to Britain, as well as Naples (if it will be french protectorate) to Sicily.
    1.3. Absorption.
    France can absorb Cleves, Papal state and Croatia. Russia can absorb Finland and Moldavia. Russia can not attack Istanbul and Stockholm. The liberation of Greece, Romania and Hungary is prohibited.
    1.4. Dates.
    France can not cross the border before September 1805. The army of Massena must be returned to the Piedmont. Movement between France and Hannover is allowed.
    Russia could attack Ottoman's start's regions no earlier than November 1806. Russia could attack Finland no earlier than February 1808.

2. Game's rules
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    2.1. Sea.
    2.1.1.The landing from the ships is not allowed except the islands (Corsica and Balearic islands only for France). Troops must be returned to the port from which they sailed.
    2.1.2. Attack any port by fleet is not allowed (include AI's ports).
    2.1.3. In a trading post can not be more than one merchant ship.
    2.2. Regions.
    2.2.1. We can only give back to the conquered regions are still the owner (start's game owner).
    For example. France invaded Venice and returned back it to Austria for peace and alliance.
    2.2.2. Recruiting of militia is allowed for garrison (their movement is possible only within their region for garrison duty in the small towns). Recruitment is not allowed in the conquered provinces except militia.
    2.2.3. Destruction in the conquered provinces are not allowed. Looting in the Berlin and Vienna prohibited.
    2.2.4. Occupation is allowed no more than 6 monthes. After that regions must be returned in any case. Reoccupation possible for next year.
    2.2.5. If there was an uprising in the region, it must be suppressed. Capture new regions is possible only after that.
    2.3. Scientists and spies.
    2.3.1. Opponents can't have more than two intellectual centers.
    2.3.2. Kill the generals and gentlemen by spies is not allowed. Gentlemen may be killed outside the school. All include AI.
    2.4. Fair play.
    For example do not attack the reinforcement near the edge of the map etc. Do not use game's features against AI.
    For example in campaign map:
    - if the army does not have enough movement points, then attack by general (cavalry) is not fair;
    - you can not use a bug when a player attacks a small town by one units, and entices the AI ​​from the big city;
    - with the declaration of war can not use the military access for blitzkrieg.

Without these rules, Russia has no chance of winning. And with them to get a long interesting game as close to real events. Most of the rules was tested in the game, if you reduce the number of them, then Russia will certainly lose the game. Of course, provided equal experienced opponents.
    See ya on the battlefield.
    Last edited by vonPeretz; April 25, 2016 at 05:42 AM. Reason: arrangement

Default Re: Offered Russia vs France historical reenactment

Tried to play according to the rules with =[RAPE]= Scriptor.
    The game is completely new - really historical. AI has a huge army to attack France from all sides. Russia has the time to prepare for the invasion.

Unfortunately the game ended.
    Last edited by vonPeretz; March 12, 2013 at 09:14 AM.

Now there is a campaign by Jan Jansen.
    This total war all over the continent and in all seas.
    By 1808 the situation is equal to France to end the war in Spain, during this time lost all possessions in Central Europe. Russia for the second time at war with Turkey and tries to attack the sea lanes of France, as well as support of Austria.
    Very hard and interest game.

In mid-1808, France was on the brink of disaster. Simultaneously on the territory of France invaded the huge coalition of Britain, Prussia, Austria and Spain. Russia at this time completely liberated Apennine peninsula from the French and their satellites.
    At the most critical moment were besieged Brussels (Prussia: 2 Army) and Caen (UK: 1 Army), another Prussian army invaded Alsace, one Austrian army invaded Piedmont, another stationed in Milan. Napoleon was at this time besieging Madrid and could not get it immediately because of the large number of Hispanics. If at this point the second army invaded from Britain and Russian spies would paralyze the work of the major trading ports, then France would be forced to admit defeat. Miraculously, France managed to get out of this situation. Thanks to help from Batavia, which has agreed to go to war with Prussia for huge money.

France was surrended at january 1811 . Only Napoleon can to win!
    Last edited by vonPeretz; December 19, 2013 at 08:27 AM. Reason: arrangement

I wish I could have done this with you, me and my friend did one once with similar rules- it was great.

moved up
    Last edited by vonPeretz; December 19, 2013 at 08:26 AM. Reason: arrangement

moved up
    Last edited by vonPeretz; December 19, 2013 at 08:26 AM.

Surely no one wants campaign?

Launched a new campaign with WILHELM I (Russia).

France is actively conquest in Europe. Austria is derived from the war, Prussia too soon be conquered. But France has a lot of problems for the invasion of Russia.
    Russia has focused on the struggle for maritime communications, but has no results. On the contrary, russian is going through a difficult period. They were attacked by Spain, Holland and Denmark, also the Ottoman Empire even captured two of their regions.

Russia attacked the Ottoman Empire, and in a short time captured Wallachia, Romania and the Balkans, but Russia was stopped by two French armies. Kutuzov was wounded, his army destroyed. Several times small Russian naval forces won a victory over the Turkish and Danish forces. Russian Black Sea fleet is ineffective because of the actions of France Mediterranean Fleet. Russian spies activity is still low.
    France gave independence to several States and finished the war with Prussia. Batavia made ​​peace with Russia that has been turned into the French protectorate.
    In northern Italy, do not stop the battle of the Italian Republic and Austria.

France victorious troops crushed all opponents on the continent except Russia. Ney defeated Russian forces invading the Ottoman Empire. Russia surpassed France in the technical development and over the sea lanes in jeopardy. Russian spies with impunity sabotaged the French ports, factories and even university. Russian diplomats have ensured that a dozen allies have imposed an embargo on trade with France. In these difficult circumstances, the Grand Army began its last campaign.

Napoleon again crushed Austria and Prussia, and they were forced to become allies and declare war on Russia. True it cost dearly - Austrian spies was basely murdered Massena and seriously wounded Emperor. Hooray! All the conditions for the invasion of Russia were made in March. Grand Army of five full armies concentrated in Poland, which has become the Duchy of Warsaw. Nevertheless, Russian army calmly continued to plunder the Ottoman towns and villages. Only after the Grand Army crossed the border into Russia Tsar Alexander I hastily began gathering troops near Smolensk, which was turned into a fortress.
    Napoleon managed to deceive Kutuzov and he was locked in the fortress of Smolensk. The remaining Russian troops retreated to Moscow. Taking stronghold was entrusted to Marshal Ney. As a result, hot battle Smolensk fell by huge losses.
    Russian army concentrated near Moscow at Borodino.

Сampaign over consensual.
    Last edited by vonPeretz; January 16, 2014 at 12:26 PM.

Also there is a campaign by [RN] Friedus (France).

Russia suffered a catastrophic defeat in Italy. Kutuzov was wounded.
    France had in September 1805 to change their plans because it was attacked by Britain and Prussia. After the destruction of British troops there was a great battle near Hannover (5 armies vs 2 armies). Prussia defeated ( replay ).
    Last edited by vonPeretz; December 10, 2013 at 09:30 AM.

i would like to play. my steam name is Wolandd.

vonPeretz, i watched the replay, and the only way i could explain the way both sides played is either it was AI vs AI, or you had in place some weird set of rules.. i mean, you have zombie like advance from the french art while the prussian art is bombing the soil of a farm upon wich some horsemen rode sime time ago. it was kinnda benny hill. i don't mean to offend, just wondering how come it played out like that..

What is there to understand? If you have four arms and three mouses, then you probably still have time. Others may not always have time to do everything.
    I sent you an invitation in steam, but got no response.
    Last edited by vonPeretz; December 17, 2013 at 04:36 AM.

i would like to play too if you are still up for it! my steam name is General_Dismay

Quote Originally Posted by hanibalthegreat View Post
    i would like to play too if you are still up for it! my steam name is General_Dismay
    Great!
    But you need to have more practice. I see you are beginner. We will wait you.

I take it from this thread that desyncs have not been a campaign ending issue for you, then, vonPeretz?

Interesting rules, and well researched. I understand anything not listed under "absorbtion" cannot be retained.

What about army composition restrictions to avoid gamey super armies (almost all missile cav / all art surrounded by staked lights etc.)?

What mods are you using? The CAI at least needs help.

Where can we beginners practise MP campaigns? Hopefully not against the dreadful AI, and not "multiplayer lobby points matches"?

Glad to see you!
    1. All absorption according to historical realities.
    2. Artillery or others spam armies are not viable.
    3. It is not mod - vanilla.
    4. You must to try campaign more and more for understanding all game's features. Then these rules will be clear to you.

Good luck!

We started a new game with Socrates (Russia).

Until September France accumulating forces for the invasion of Europe and focused on the Merchant Navy and the economy as a whole. Military Minister were formed several corps, some of which were concentrated in Piedmont and Flanders to protect against alleged Russian attack.
    Recruits underwent extensive training, and some regiments have received one or two distinctions.

Unfortunately the game is abandoned due to persistent crashes.
    Last edited by vonPeretz; November 18, 2014 at 03:31 AM.

We started a new game with Field Marshal Death.

At this time, Russia began active operations in the beginning of the campaign. Kutuzov with his small army boldly attacked Munich and Bavaria after the storming of the city fell. Having made after that crossing the Alps and Russian reinforcements were attacked by the Italians. During a fleeting battle Italians were routed. Thus was put in jeopardy not only Milan, but the entire French Piedmont. Army of Massena was too small force and was forced to retreat to Marseille. Russian prepared to throw at Turin.

Necro! Now that Napoleonic Total War III allows for multiplayer campaigns and is VASTLY superior to vanilla, how would you change the rules in that environment?

I check this mod now!
    «Hunde, wollt ihr ewig leben?» Friedrich der Große, Schlacht von Kolin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast