Thread: Yuezhi

Default Yuezhi

I've downloaded EB yesterday and I love it, but my Roman campaign was far too easy, so I decided to play with the Yuezhi (the steppe faction north-east of the map). It's the hardest campaign I've ever played in RTW: for the first time in over fifteen campaigns the enemy managed to crush me, taking my only city.

My first step was to besiege the city of Chighu north of me. I, with only 300 men, lost the battle against 600 of them. Three of my family members died, one of them king and one of them prince. So after my defeat, I decided to stay in my capital, building new buildings to improve my economy. After two years, I was suddenly besieged by a small rebel army of 100 men. Needless to say, my king and his new faction heir crushed them. Two turns later another army came, with over 800 men. I had only my king and prince and one unit of archers to defend. My men fought to the last men but they couldn't stop the enemy. My capital was captured, leaving me astonished... this mod is the best...

It may be the best but I've noticed some bugs. The most important is the general's bodyguard: it is Pontic missile cavalry instead of horse archers. Also, Yuezhi is an eastern faction, I would rather see them as a steppe faction. The family members/agents look Carthaginian/Eastern, is there any way to replace these? And btw, the Romans look like Greeks and the Baktrians look like Romans.

Excellent job, this mod. Even better than RTR
    In patronicum sub Tacticalwithdrawal
    Brother of Rosacrux redux and Polemides

This is beta still and the Yuezhi are the least developed faction so far when it comes to models. They might not even stay in future versions due to historical accuracy.

The Yuezhi might get a more steppe look later.
    The units you mention are placeholders for now and as Yuezhi is part of the Eastern culture they have retained their agents for now.

And Baktria is part of the Roman culture group while the Romans are now part of the Greek culture group. The portraits and such will be redone at a later date, but are not exactly top priority atm.

I have another problem, but I don't think it has anything to do with EB. Playing with Roma Immortalis, SPQR, RTR and Vanilla I never had any problems with graphics, but since I've installed EB the agents and family members on the map look weird:

Is there any way to solve this problem? I've installed the right drivers, directx and there's nothing wrong with my Geforce 3.
    In patronicum sub Tacticalwithdrawal
    Brother of Rosacrux redux and Polemides

Someone said that might be anti-aliasing, so maybe try cutting it off. I've no idea though.

I'm playing a Yuezhi campain. I captured the settlement Chiga and then took what was left of my army and captured a cíty to the west, Saka sth but then my army was spent, I only have a few lads left and the familymembers. I've been standing still for about 40 turns now, building some stuff in my cities but the population increases so awfully slowly and income is very poor, most of my money comes from selling mapinformation and trade rights...I've negotiated with every faction except casse sofar . I've recriuted a buch of archers as they have 0 upkeep(is this intended) and I've fough alot of rebels which are quite difficult to handle but I havent been able to capture the city to the south of my capital. I've advanced twice but both times been forced to pull back, I cant afford a great army, and If I weaken them by killing a few, the are replenished much faster than my troops. I think I'm gonna cheat just a little (turn on unlimited ammo) so that I can beat them. So far I havent seen any of the ai factions doing much to threaten me at all. Yuezhi can recruit very few units (3 different) footarchers, spearmen and horsearchers...
    I've been keeping a spy in markanda for at least 20 turns, but I havent noticed anything extraordinary, how does this spynetwork work?
    Its pretty funny, whenever one of my familymembers is marching for a couple of turns they get exhausted trait and are forced to rest to get rid of it.
    Its pretty fun, although extremely slow and uneventful.
    I love the campaing map btw! Great Work! The script and new trait system is very cool!
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

"attack the argument, not the person saying it" -lee1026
    Sig by Manji