Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: !!DOWNLOAD!! The American Revolution Mod v2.0 (NEW 2019 UPDATE + New Add-Ons)

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: >>>DOWNLOAD<<< The American Revolution Mod v2.0: OPEN PUBLIC BETA!

If we can please you RB then I guess we'll be OK

There will be some minor tweaks to do. I know some of the units costs and upkeep still need fixing but it certainly not end of the world stff, just minor tweaks

We will correct those as time permits, feel free to make suggestions on corrections you think may need to be made and will consider them.

hip63

Did notice an odd glitch. I installed the Patriot Music Pack, then the launcher said "TAR files not in ETW/Data directory!", and if I try to start the game, it crashes.

Everything works fine after reinstalling the mod without the Music Pack, but still, it was odd when it happened.

Patrician Artifex

just have steam validate you ETW files and it should fix the problem, I'll check the music pack when I have time (at work right now)

hip63

kenniston5's Avatar TAR local moderator

downloading now,Time to take out some british redcoats and all other foreign armies,and drive them from our soil.....go bless america,land that I love
    p.s. SEMPER FI,Hold them at 8th and high....Hoorah....SEMPER FI...USMC
    Last edited by kenniston5; November 19, 2010 at 01:56 PM.

do i need to have any of those extra files like in the 1.8.1 or is everything included in this mod?

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by boratlike1 View Post
    do i need to have any of those extra files like in the 1.8.1 or is everything included in this mod?
    Ignore 1.8 and delete that mod now!!!
    Follow first post instructions and add the sub mods if you wish

Patrician Artifex

All you need is in the first post of this thread, forget 1.8, 1.8 is sooo passe' now

hip63

what does the render pack do?

what does the render pack do?
    enhances the battlefield graphically and adds more colour and depth, try it out mate dont be shy

Northern Irish Redcoat's Avatar Foederatus

Was running smoothly earlier on today on both the Empire Grand Campaign and the American Revolution Campaign, no problems. But when i tried to re-load my game save a few mins ago i got a CTD with "KERNELBASE.dll" as the highlighted problem...same thing if i try to play a battle, the load screen shows for 1 second then boom...CTD with "Empire has stopped working" message and the same thing highlighted as the problem. I'll try reinstalling the MOD...

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Irish Redcoat View Post
    Was running smoothly earlier on today on both the Empire Grand Campaign and the American Revolution Campaign, no problems. But when i tried to re-load my game save a few mins ago i got a CTD with "KERNELBASE.dll" as the highlighted problem...same thing if i try to play a battle, the load screen shows for 1 second then boom...CTD with "Empire has stopped working" message and the same thing highlighted as the problem. I'll try reinstalling the MOD...
    No need to reinstall just verify game cache in steam, I too got this problem and I resolved the problem by doing the latter

Ran smooth as silk for me the very first time. Much better frame rates now with the Render mod (and I use GameBooster, which also helps).

Tried a single player battle on Guilford with historical forces and deployment.

A near-run thing: My first two lines didn't inflict enough casualties and fatigue on the British before routing, so the British hit my final (Continental Regulars) line in good order. My cavalry was too far to the flanks to support my lines, so Tarleton was able to charge a flank and roll up two or three units. Lost my guns, too. Result: Narrow British victory.

AI enemy really seems smarter now and attacks in a very clean formation. AI will stop and volley maybe once, then go in with bayonet. But I don't see the bayonets -- graphic glitch? Those Delaware continentals with their pointy caps really look great.
    Steam ID: broadsword56

Northern Irish Redcoat's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    No need to reinstall just verify game cache in steam, I too got this problem and I resolved the problem by doing the latter
    Nice one man, i'll just do that then!

Definitely a problem with the Patriot Music pack. Installing it gives a "TAR files not found in the data directory!" error in the launcher every time.

RuleBrittania -Thanks for letting us know on the Patriot Music pack i will try tomorrow and see if it works for me! 10hrs still to download the main mod!!!!

kenniston5's Avatar TAR local moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    RuleBrittania -Thanks for letting us know on the Patriot Music pack i will try tomorrow and see if it works for me! 10hrs still to download the main mod!!!!
    Toon/Morgan:enjoying the mod, the patriot music works fine for me,and have to wait to download the renders mod from mega upload(exceeded my limit)
    the only problem i come across so far is the names for some of the units do not so up and the unit cards are blank (example:poland-lithuania added mod units)
    checked my empire data folder and i have the newest upc 6.1 installed,and made sure i did a clean install and verified the game cache thru steam.....Toon/morgan is this a problem or is this normal for the beta release and the upc had not been updated for all theTAR 2.0 units?

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by RuleBritannia View Post
    Definitely a problem with the Patriot Music pack. Installing it gives a "TAR files not found in the data directory!" error in the launcher every time.

here's a copy of the script, with the TAR Launcher open, check and make sure all the files below are in your etw\data folder:

mod TAR_CP.pack;
    mod TAR_BSM.pack;
    mod TAR_CAN.pack;
    mod TAR_Forts.pack;
    mod TAR_Grenades.pack;
    mod TAR_Tech.pack;
    mod TAR_Core.pack;
    mod TAR_Update.pack;
    mod TAR_IND.pack;
    mod TAR_Models.pack;
    mod TAR_Skins.pack;
    mod TAR_Chat.pack;
    mod TAR_DFM.pack;
    mod TAR_Sounds.pack;
    mod TAR_Music.pack;
    mod TAR_Deploy.pack;
    mod TAR_Flags.pack;
    mod TAR_Graphics.pack;
    mod TAR_Arrows.pack;
    mod TAR_Battles.pack;
    mod TAR_Borders.pack;
    mod TAR_Fonts.pack;
    mod TAR_Markers.pack;
    mod TAR_Skies.pack;
    mod TAR_AUM.pack;
    mod TAR_Render.pack;

if not let me know what's missing.

Also all Add-Ons need to be installed with the TAR Launcher closed.

hip63

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Irish Redcoat View Post
    It appears not be ETW, TAR or STEAM related file, appears to be windows or driver file:
    KERNELBASE ERRORS ON GOOGLE

hip63

Quote Originally Posted by kenniston5 View Post
    Toon/Morgan:enjoying the mod, the patriot music works fine for me,and have to wait to download the renders mod from mega upload(exceeded my limit)
    the only problem i come across so far is the names for some of the units do not so up and the unit cards are blank (example:poland-lithuania added mod units)
    checked my empire data folder and i have the newest upc 6.1 installed,and made sure i did a clean install and verified the game cache thru steam.....Toon/morgan is this a problem or is this normal for the beta release and the upc had not been updated for all theTAR 2.0 units?
    All names should be in game including unit cards so i have no idea why they do not show? I will have latest version in morning and will try out then and report back

A good example of AI skill!

Two cavalry regiments were chasing their general along a river. Turns out, he had several previously-hidden melee regiments there. Two of them walked apart from one another, creating an opening, and their general rode through them. My men chased him into the opening, then his men charged and wedged my cavalry in, and he ran off!

If this is a coincidence, then oh well. If this was an actual BAI plan, then incredible!