Page 10 of 72 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560 ... LastLast

Thread: !!DOWNLOAD!! The American Revolution Mod v2.0 (NEW 2019 UPDATE + New Add-Ons)

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Default Re: >>>DOWNLOAD<<< The American Revolution Mod v2.0: OPEN PUBLIC BETA!

As soon as Hip63 is able to upload and release,so just keep watching the Forum,as it wont be long !

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

New version coming soon, compression alone takes 3 hours

hip63
    Last edited by hip63; March 20, 2012 at 05:47 PM.

I have a question,

I see you are planning a new release very soon, will that require a complete uninstall and reinstall of the game? I ask as I have started a Campaign but won't continue it if I will have to delete it and start again.

Thanks, (almost in Boston, up and at em lads!)

Yes there will be a complete new Beta 2 out soon,so an uninstall will be required then.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Simpson Esq View Post
    I have a question,

I see you are planning a new release very soon, will that require a complete uninstall and reinstall of the game? I ask as I have started a Campaign but won't continue it if I will have to delete it and start again.

of the mod, yes

of the game, no

hip63

is there any way i can out vanilla smoke in cos as much sa i love thwe smoke in this mod, it makes it go really slow and i need the smoke to dissapear quite quick

Yes, you can use Vanilla smoke through the launcher menu(besides enhanced options)

is that enhanced smoke disabled? cos i tried that and the smoke still lingers around for a while in big clouds

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by boratlike1 View Post
    is that enhanced smoke disabled? cos i tried that and the smoke still lingers around for a while in big clouds
    The smoke disabled function is not working and the smoke still lingers I have a hotfix that is temporary and will post it to hip if we can get in the next patch maybe? Or use as a seperate mod for now

Whew, glad to hear it's not just me. I thought for sure i'd bungled something.

Looking forward to trying the next version. Thanks Morgan, Hip & Toon!
    Last edited by antiacus; November 23, 2010 at 01:31 PM.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by boratlike1 View Post
    is there any way i can out vanilla smoke in cos as much sa i love thwe smoke in this mod, it makes it go really slow and i need the smoke to dissapear quite quick
    See here for a fix: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...03#post8466903

Northern Irish Redcoat's Avatar Foederatus

Glad to hear about the new beta coming soon...I really want to play this MOD more!!!

flannk's Avatar Civis

I have a question,

You can just continue playing your campaign and keep the save game. When a new version comes out, uninstall TAR completely.
    Also make sure that the empire total war/data/TAR folder is gone, that under empire total war/data/campaigns the folders 13C_Main, 1775_Main and 1783_Main are gone and that in the remaining folders under data/campaigns no files are still there with 'TAR' in its name.
    Verify ETW game cache through Steam.
    Install new TAR version.

And then try to see if your saved campaign still works. Most likely, it will run fine.

Hey chaps! been eargerly awaiting this for months!
    Couple of notes so far:
    The American Revolution Campaign menu screen doesn't show the right region startpos's for the nations - eg, USA has no regions, France has Canada etc (its like Vanilla)
    Also, whats the point in playing as the European Nations if you can't access their capitals? Are you guys saying that if I wanted to play as France in this i'd have to take some of Spain's or Britains large cities in order to build a university for example, to further my technology and actually progress?

Cochrane
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    hip63 - I found a fix for the Smoke appearing in game!! use the mod below as it has a landsbattle.xml and place above the TAR_BSM in user script and hey presto vanilla smoke back!! yippee

mod TAR_CP.pack;
    mod blood_only.pack;
    mod TAR_BSM.pack;
    mod TAR_CAN.pack;
    mod TAR_Forts.pack;
    mod TAR_Grenades.pack;
    mod TAR_Tech.pack;
    mod TAR_Core.pack;
    mod TAR_Update.pack;
    mod TAR_IND.pack;
    mod TAR_Models.pack;
    mod TAR_Skins.pack;
    mod TAR_Chat.pack;
    mod TAR_DFM.pack;
    mod TAR_Sounds.pack;
    mod TAR_Music.pack;
    mod TAR_Deploy.pack;
    mod TAR_Flags.pack;
    mod TAR_Graphics.pack;
    mod TAR_Arrows.pack;
    mod TAR_Battles.pack;
    mod TAR_Borders.pack;
    mod TAR_Fonts.pack;
    mod TAR_Markers.pack;
    mod TAR_Skies.pack;
    mod TAR_AUM.pack;
    mod TAR_Render.pack;

Its a temporary fix for now!
    Hello,

Firstly thanks for the info about keeping my saved campaign, secondly, re the above fix, I added the text to my user script (a first time for me) and, I added the blood only file to the empire total war/Data/TAR was that correct? I thought about putting it in the data folder but as all the other mods listed in rhe script are in the TAR folder thats where I put it.

This is all probably basic stuff but I am a total NOOB at this.

Cheers,

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by ♠ Thomas Cochrane ♠ View Post
    Hey chaps! been eargerly awaiting this for months!
    Couple of notes so far:
    The American Revolution Campaign menu screen doesn't show the right region startpos's for the nations - eg, USA has no regions, France has Canada etc (its like Vanilla)
    Also, whats the point in playing as the European Nations if you can't access their capitals? Are you guys saying that if I wanted to play as France in this i'd have to take some of Spain's or Britains large cities in order to build a university for example, to further my technology and actually progress?

Cochrane

The Revolution Campaign is a modded version of RTI Episode 4 Campaign and Map which did not have those map feature.

European Capitals are not included for the same reason as above. The Euro factions are playable because we and others wanted them to playable be despite the limitations.

Hopeful one day we will have a true map editor, and who knows what might happen them

But until then, you also have the 13 Colonies and US Grand Campaigns with a full blow map will all the bells and whistles.

So I think you'll survive

hip63
    Last edited by hip63; November 23, 2010 at 05:22 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Hello,

Firstly thanks for the info about keeping my saved campaign, secondly, re the above fix, I added the text to my user script (a first time for me) and, I added the blood only file to the empire total war/Data/TAR was that correct? I thought about putting it in the data folder but as all the other mods listed in rhe script are in the TAR folder thats where I put it.

This is all probably basic stuff but I am a total NOOB at this.

Cheers,

Move it to the data folder, the TAR folder only "stores" the TAR mod files when the launcher is not running.

hip63

Quote Originally Posted by hip63 View Post
    Move it to the data folder, the TAR folder only "stores" the TAR mod files when the launcher is not running.

hip63
    Thanks I was wondering as I just CDT'd. Whats really cool about this Mod for me personally is that I am a Brit from Leicester now living about 40 miles from Boston Massachusetts where this all happened, and one of the first regiments here in Boston were the Leicesters!

I go to Boston a lot and didn't realise I drive by the central burial grounds where the dead redcoats from the Battle of Bunker Hill are buried, I must go find them and pay my respects, I wonder if they get a wreath on 11/11.... I will find out

raistlinmajere8's Avatar Ordinarius

So I may have misunderstood you hip, but are we to be expecting this new beta release today? I know you said you were starting to get it uploaded or something... just curious.

Also another thing I wanted to ask, anyone know if running FRAPS while playing causes any problems? I was having tons of CTD's, and then I disabled FRAPS, and I haven't had a single one since then.

Patrician Artifex

Icon10 Re: >>>DOWNLOAD<<< The American Revolution Mod v2.0: OPEN PUBLIC BETA!

Quote Originally Posted by raistlinmajere8 View Post
    So I may have misunderstood you hip, but are we to be expecting this new beta release today? I know you said you were starting to get it uploaded or something... just curious.
    New TAR 2.0 Public Beta 2 Released!
    Many fixes included for units, campaigns and other issues.

You must uninstall any old versions of TAR First!!!

This is Extremely Important!!!

Don't be lazy!!!

It matters!!!

Previously released Public Beta 1 Add-Ons will not install properly for Public Beta 2.
    Updated Add-Ons Coming Soon!.

You were saying?

hip63
    Last edited by hip63; November 23, 2010 at 07:50 PM.