Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Couple of issues/Possible bugs

Default Re: Couple of issues/Possible bugs

Quote Originally Posted by threes4luck View Post
    I'm not too sure if this was intentional but when playing as Adunabar I conquered one of Rohan's provinces so I could recruit some decent light cavalry. As you know, Rohan can recruit 3 variants of the unit in question (small, medium, and large) but I could only recruit the smallest size.
    I personally love this feature. At end game, and even before, my primary use for light cavalry is to run down retreating units, for which you do not need a large unit. I am very happy with a small, and consequently, inexpensive light cavalry unit. I have not looked into the mechanics, but it also seems to me the smaller unit generally gains experience faster as well.

Hey!
    First of all this is my first comment on twcenter, after you guys amazing me with this mod.
    Coples of days ago I download this mod, great awesome, best ever. I have RTW-BI-1.6 what I use to play the mod,the problem is you have the biggest bug I have ever see after I played more then 5 mods and probably it's the most annoiyng, and anothers like:
    -Autosave there is no autosave (I read Critical Information and each time after an battle I press CTRL S key to autosave)
    -Some times I get error RTW have stoped to work etc etc(I use vista ultimate) the problem is I couldnt find what's give me that error because on Realism total war mod I got this error each time Romans faction losed an city after rebelion.
    -Another is when I charge with the cavalry and I kill after the charge the war chief leader (or what it's the correct name) the cavalry stop in that area and could't move, only after I press (Backspace) for them to stop, I can move them.
    -Are texture missing (I use High video detail at units, No shadow's map/units,no grass, no tree detail, medium terrain detail (because are annoying, on the battle map) and the texture is missing at comander "sword" of the bodyguards, infantry bodyguards, black white company or something like that, same at the others (this is only happen when I play on campaing battles, at custom battle map it's not happen this)
    -And another big bug is the sound of most units (I use Microsoft Headset good headset) and each time I select units they have an annoying voice, it's like the audio boxes from you're pc are turned at max volume and they can't handle, if you had that problem that zzzzzzzz, like that units "Rohan Axe" and then zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Futures/Ideas/requests (if its possible) :
    I stop playing Third Age Total war long time ago, but I read yestarday was an patch when they put something, like the alliance can be broke only with an diplomat, you can search on google for this patch,it will be a good future for this mod (because after I make alliance with "Mordor" (each time I forgot the new names of the factions) and with that empire in the South of the map (same I forgot the name sorry about it) and I do this fast in the first 4 turns, to save Gondor so they can be at peace with them (playing as Rohan) they attack me after this and I'm surrounded and hardly I survive.
    In general the mod is great, same like Third age, but I like this better because you have new future/unit's the texture are amazing.
    Oh and I use that full pack version of FATW at BI 1.6
    And I was so much because I read somewhere you guys will add Dwarfs and Elves Keep up the good work you are amazing's!

Sorry double post
    Edit:
    And I "wait" not "was" so much for the dwarfs and elves.

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by LordXarax View Post
    Hey!
    First of all this is my first comment on twcenter, after you guys amazing me with this mod.
    Coples of days ago I download this mod, great awesome, best ever. I have RTW-BI-1.6 what I use to play the mod,the problem is you have the biggest bug I have ever see after I played more then 5 mods and probably it's the most annoiyng, and anothers like:
    -Autosave there is no autosave (I read Critical Information and each time after an battle I press CTRL S key to autosave)
    Autosave caused some weird issues and was disabled because of this.

-Some times I get error RTW have stoped to work etc etc(I use vista ultimate) the problem is I couldnt find what's give me that error because on Realism total war mod I got this error each time Romans faction losed an city after rebelion.
    -Another is when I charge with the cavalry and I kill after the charge the war chief leader (or what it's the correct name) the cavalry stop in that area and could't move, only after I press (Backspace) for them to stop, I can move them.
    Never encountered both bugs. First is probably a vanilla one.

-Are texture missing (I use High video detail at units, No shadow's map/units,no grass, no tree detail, medium terrain detail (because are annoying, on the battle map) and the texture is missing at comander "sword" of the bodyguards, infantry bodyguards, black white company or something like that, same at the others (this is only happen when I play on campaing battles, at custom battle map it's not happen this)
    Sorry, I don't understand. Which bodyguard? Only the White Company? Which "others"?

-And another big bug is the sound of most units (I use Microsoft Headset good headset) and each time I select units they have an annoying voice, it's like the audio boxes from you're pc are turned at max volume and they can't handle, if you had that problem that zzzzzzzz, like that units "Rohan Axe" and then zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    I stop playing Third Age Total war long time ago, but I read yestarday was an patch when they put something, like the alliance can be broke only with an diplomat, you can search on google for this patch,it will be a good future for this mod (because after I make alliance with "Mordor" (each time I forgot the new names of the factions) and with that empire in the South of the map (same I forgot the name sorry about it) and I do this fast in the first 4 turns, to save Gondor so they can be at peace with them (playing as Rohan) they attack me after this and I'm surrounded and hardly I survive.
    In general the mod is great, same like Third age, but I like this better because you have new future/unit's the texture are amazing.!
    Yeah, the quality of Rohan's unit voices is pretty bad. But as the alliance mechanics this will be redone in the coming release.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

Quote Originally Posted by LordXarax View Post
    Autosave is disabled in TNS because it was thought to cause some bugs. It actually does not, so it will be reintroduced.

TNS 2.6 is CTD-free, as far as I know. There are still the bugs of the original game (sometimes after playing a battle and capturing a settlement, the game will crash, but it's not a consistent bug), but I think all our CTDs are fixed.

That's a vanilla bug, happens occasionally.

When units have a missile (primary) and a melee (secondary) weapon, the game makes the primary one invisible when the ammo has ran out. If the unit has an officer attached, since that officer uses its melee weapon as primary, it makes that disappear as well. We'll fix this by cloning the officers' weapons and attaching them as part of the model's arm, so that when the primary is gone, the 'clone' weapon will still be visible.

Yes, some unit voices are bad. We're planning to re-do most voices for DoM.

DoM will have permanent alliances between Rohan-RK and Dale-Dwarves, that the player can break, if he wants, but the AI will not (unless in some very specific cases).

After the charge, them general route this time, I could't kill him, but the cavalry still stuck, and was the Bodyguards now, keep fighting with nobody
    pictures:
    After the charge:

After the game ended they was still fighting with shadows lol, and this time wasn't an warchief I just start the new game and catch that army of barbarians near Helm's Deep

Yes, I know what you're referring to. It is a bug of the game, not of the mod. Sometimes units get stuck in combat with a dead unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    DoM will have permanent alliances between Rohan-RK and Dale-Dwarves, that the player can break, if he wants, but the AI will not (unless in some very specific cases).
    DoM`? Dominion of Men? I guess it will be the next release version and when that?

Yes, Dominion of Men is the next version. And probably final one, as there will be pretty little left for us to do then (except maybe some patches with bug-fixes or gfx improvements etc).

Yesterday I play a lil bit with Kingdom of Adunabar (I hope I type it good) "Mordor" and ussualy i'm playing with "automanage everything" without recruiting (not for constructions just for recharge my garrison with unit's after the battle,I figure it's not working, but this is not the problem), and when the large town grow to be a city and my "religion/culture" is getting at over 60% of "darkness" (I know is not the religion but I hope you get it) it's cancel the other religion buildings with men of the west, and it gives me to construct again, I construct it first and she is staying but when I update it at the second level and I press end turn its gives me again to construct, I even use code when I was at large city (I though will not cancel again) but even that after turn it was giving me again. But I know where's the problem so you can fix it. When I was playing Barbarian Invasion I meet this problem at hmm (I forgot the name of the faction) I think was french, because they had an blue flag and they had good Infantry (axemen), they had an problem like this with an building each time you update it after the turn was auto-destroying.
    And another (but I was happy to have this little bug) it was with Reunited Kingdom, that general with over 100 years, after couples of turns and fights he went to 1 year old, his portrait changed from old to young, but even I conquered another city's I could't make him to be part of family members (because he had s. lot's of traits and command stars),but with another generals of captains I could make them part of the family just him I could't.

We are aware of both things. The former has been 'fixed' in DoM; for the latter there is no real fix, but in DoM there won't be any characters that old so the issue won't exist.

I get just the part with the characters, I can see in descr_strat you have "franks" that's the problem with the Adunabar religion building, when you change the texture or what you guys do, the problem comed from the game, it's sound's crazy but to fix this you need to change the faction mother.
    In rest once again the mod is great all the day i'm playing 8 hours

I'm not sure I understand what exactly you're saying. However, as I said, the problem has been solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    I'm not sure I understand what exactly you're saying. However, as I said, the problem has been solved.
    Well on Barbarian Invasion (normal mod) it's an bug at Franks Faction, with an building, each time you construct it, after you press end turn will auto-destroying.
    And I went at:
    C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\bi\ci\data\world\maps\campaign\the_new_shadow\descr_strat.txt and I can see you guys change on "BI" version, "Franks" faction, maybe Kingdom of Adunabar you change it and that's the problem, but if it's fix is cool

Nah, that's not the problem, but thanks for the suggestion nonetheless.

Only one small, minor thing, which I have noticed... I don’t know was it reported, or noticed before. In Edhellond (a harbour belonging to Tarnost) is impossible to retrain your ships, because you can’t put them in a harbour. Twin white towers are blocking the way.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Other thing is that you can’t merge the fleets because all have stubborn admirals from the beginning (Nay, you will NOT command ME and MY SHIPS! )...

Third thing is nitpicking from me (again), but Elven horsemen are having horse equipment (ribbon at least). Shouldn’t they ride the horses only telling them what to do, and they would listen. But, I’m probably nagging again without reason because Elves will have completely revamped units anyway.

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

Yeah, Edhellond is known. You also cannot select the ships trained there via the map, and have to open the army scroll. Dunno if something has been done about this.

The reason that you cannot merge fleets is that the admirals all have the "Men of the West" trait. This has been changed for DoM and you actually could easily change it yourself in the files if you like to (though out of my mind I cannot tell you how).
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagmodo View Post
    Only one small, minor thing, which I have noticed... I don’t know was it reported, or noticed before. In Edhellond (a harbour belonging to Tarnost) is impossible to retrain your ships, because you can’t put them in a harbour. Twin white towers are blocking the way.

Other thing is that you can’t merge the fleets because all have stubborn admirals from the beginning (Nay, you will NOT command ME and MY SHIPS! )...

Third thing is nitpicking from me (again), but Elven horsemen are having horse equipment (ribbon at least). Shouldn’t they ride the horses only telling them what to do, and they would listen. But, I’m probably nagging again without reason because Elves will have completely revamped units anyway.
    Fixed, fixed and (will be) fixed.

I just realized why my Adunabar game kept having crap "lazy" attribute on all my Governors. This attribute occurs when there is something available in the building queue that not being build that turn despite having enough gold in the bank. Well, Adunabar has two different religious building lines; while you can build both, you don't because it slaps you with a huge unrest penalty, so the unused building just sits there ruining your governor. Something needs to be done about that.

This just occurred to me from my memory of reading through the trait descriptions, and I cannot seem to find the entry just now. I will try to search for it later, but if I am wrong please do let me know.

There are some contradictory traits in the game. How can a man be a builder and indifferent builder? (Oh, I know in vanilla there are even worse...) In know that you will redone traits for the DOM, I just wanted to bring attention to the matter if it wasn’t noticed before.

Secondly, Minhiriath region is having in “Regional Lore” Gondorian description, but I guess that was intentional because I assume it affects recruitment and you intentionally wanted Gondorian levies for that region.

P.S. I haven’t messed up with the game’s text files, I just looked at them.
    Last edited by Jagmodo; May 11, 2012 at 05:31 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast