Thread: Thoughts on EB?

Default Thoughts on EB?

Top o the mornin to ye all !
    Out of curiosty and with the knowledge that SPQR and EB have certain connections I just downloaded the beta for EB. The traits and map changes look great, the barbarian skins are very nice, and I love the new models. I read alot of complaints about load times, but if you ask me the world has got itself in an awful hurry The mod looks interesting but.... I hate the roman skins !! I felt a little uncomfortable playing EB, like I did when I tried RTR. I played it for a little while and went straight back to SPQR. I guess that makes me an LT groupie I cant wait for the new version of SPQR gime gime gime lol Respect to all the modders out there but I still like SPQR the most.
    thanks for a great mod Mr. LT1956 gach maith duit Oh ! and MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR !
    You cant soar like an eagle when you are flying with turkeys !

Uh...good ta hear! I think Lt has the absoloute best Roman skins, so we're in agreeance! Whats gach maith duit mean by the way?

-Revan

"LT"? "EB"?

Lt1956, usually simplified to ''Lt'' is the creator of SPQR. EB stands for Europa Barbarorum, another mod for RTW.

Nuada, have you only played battles in the campaign? The Camillian infantry might seem a bit strange at first but these are soon replaced by Polybian infantry who look a lot better. After the Polybian infantry comes the Post-Marian infantry and after that the Imperial infantry. Don't let the skins be a reason to stop you from playing a mod that goes way deeper than any other mod. SPQR is great yes, lots of fighting, huge armies, but you will not find the incredible depth that has been added to RTW with EB. Just play a little longer and try to get the hang of it and you'll be stunned with what they've done.

The depth of EB is simply amazing. The trait system for people, the new government system, all of it rocks, especially the economics.

Thats all true but it just doesn't fit my style of play. I like quicker paced/tuff campaigns but still having good skins and SPQR is the perfect mod. EB can get quite boring waiting 20 turns for normal buildings.

Maethius's Avatar Centenarius

Both EB and SPQR give a good account of themselves!
    Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime---Hemingway

"There is nothing wrong with serving in several regiments."---Nobby Nobbs

"Not if you do it during one and the same battle"---Sgt. Colon

Happy new year !

On your recommendation Homi, I will give the campaign a little more time, it is difficult when I enjoy SPQR so much Apologies I should not judge a mod so quickly. I know the lads put a lot of work into it, respect I hope it will not be another imbalance of depth or realism versus game play ! I tried a few custom battles and I still prefer the SPQR Skins and the battle game play.

Revan, Gach maith duit = may all good befall you

You cant soar like an eagle when you are flying with turkeys !

Ty for the lesson in...Latin? Doesn't sound Latin to me, is it Celtic?

-Revan

Tis the native language of the Emerald Isle (Gaelic or Gaelige as we call it ) My Latin is a little rusty errare humanum est lol "Its my Island"

You cant soar like an Eagle when you are flying with turkeys !