Thread: The Helios - TWC News Issue I

Kscott's Avatar New and Improved!

Default The Helios - TWC News Issue I

THE HELIOS
    Brought to you by: Kscott, Grimsta, and Imb39
    ==========================================================================
    TW:

Well for your official news CA has just made a little mini patch.

ADDITIONAL ROME CAMPAIGN FIX FOR PATCHES 1.5/1.6
    Only Romans are now able to build an Awesome Temple or a Pantheon of Epona.
    see it here about the descr_building.txt:

http://www.totalwar.com/community/download.htm

Obviously, it is a small little mod, but for those of you that won't download anything non-official, this surely is worth a look.

Now for what you all want to hear, modding news:

Well, as previosuly announced EB open beta has been released. It is just a beta, but the work put into this mod is extenstive. Possibly the hardest mod out there, should be just what all you vets out there are looking for.

TWC has opened a new forum for the mod Brittania Total War: The Roman Invasion, for all you Britian fans this should be worth a look. The team is eagerly looking for those that can help the mod.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=111

Christmas may be over, but its not to late to get you present from Troy: Total War, which features Samuri Sam and a British Royal Marine to name a few.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39917

Our last peice of mod news for today is something that all modders should pay attention too. The Zhanguo team has released their settlement editor. Hopefully this can do wonders for the modding community, see it here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40060
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

In our History section, Vestigia Vetustatis, various topics have been attracting lots of attention.

The ubiquitous History Quiz Thread has now amassed over 2400 posts. Can you answer the latest question? Find out here.

An interesting discussion has also been taking place looking at alternative history. What might have happened if William had not won at Hastings. Plenty of food for thought can be found here.
    What do you think about anglo-saxon England, about Angelcynn as Alfred named it after uniting the country?
    What do you think, how would look England today, if normans never come?
    You english out there, do you consider yourself to be english or more like british?
    Or both?
    Perhaps, you are more interested in a more modern debate. The American Civil War is also being discussed, specifically the role of States rights vs Federal rights.
    From the moment the Founding Fathers wrote the Constitution, slavery was an issue that the north and south would have to come to grips over. With one half of the nation's economy based on capitalist factories and industrial output, and the other half still resting with a rural agrarian economy based on cash crops produced through chattel slavery, it was inevitable that the two sections would have to clash over the issue. States rights was also an issue that had to be dealt with, but the issue that was going to bring that to the forefront of 19th Century American politics was slavery.
    If your interest resides in the distant past, then the historic society might interest you. Currently they are looking at Mithradates VI Eupator

Areas up for discussion include:
    - Could Mithradates VI Eupator have beaten the Romans?
    - Could Mithradates VI Eupator have beaten the Romans without there great generals(Pompey,Sulla,Lucius Licinius Lucullus)?
    - Could Mithradates VI Eupator have really developed a immunity to poisoning?
    - Was Mithradates VI Eupator a cruel man or did he simply do what was nescacery?
    - Was Mithradates VI Eupator a bad/medium/good/brilliant general?
    - What do you think was his biggest error?
    - Could Mithaidates VI Eupator had defeated the Roman empire if he himself had taken command of the army invading Greece?
    ---------

In the Off Topic Area, Thema Devia, you can find a vast array of topics that are being discussed. The Mudpit is place where you can find politics.

Do you have an opinion on:

US to make Iraq troop level cuts
    hang on.....less troops?
    ...they need more troops surely, given the situation.
    Intelligent Design smacked down in Dover PA
    "The citizens of the Dover area were poorly served by the members of the Board who voted for the ID Policy," Jones wrote. "It is ironic that several of these individuals, who so staunchly and proudly touted their religious convictions in public, would time and again lie to cover their tracks and disguise the real purpose behind the ID Policy."
    Mission to Mars
    Do you think that humans will get to Mars? For what purpose will they go there? And will we end up colonizing it?
    Drilling in Alaska
    Instead of spending money to advanced proven alternatives (Natural gas,Ethanol,hydrogen)... ...in the 21st Century we still are using fuel technology from the 19th Century just to make the oil companies happy.
    As you can see, there is a wide range of topics being covered. If you have a burning issue that needs discussion, then this is the place for you!

Finally, if philosophy is your thing, Siblesz has been posting a series of thought provoking articles, called, funnily enough, TWC Weekly. Works by Voltaire, Marmaduke Pickthall and Eric Niderost; among others, are available for you to digest.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Authenticity of the Bible
    How true is the Bible? Join the debate Here!

Existance....
    TWC's very own wannabe Russian has come up with a perplexing question about existance - Do you have an answer? Post Here!

Stories!?!
    There has been an outbreak of short stories in the Bibliotheca! Myself(GrimSta) Justinian and DrakKassleron have been furiously typing over the festive season.
    Warning: Some of the stories are rather creapy/odd read at your own risk.
    Drak's Christmas Special
    The Unknown - By GrimSta
    Criminally Sane - By Justinian
    The Unstable - By GrimSta

Finally We are left with a Movie of the Month. This month its a toss up between either King-Kong or Narnia, send your vote to Grimsta(Kscott's inbox is full ) via PM!

Well, hope you enjoyed todays edition. See you next time!
    Last edited by Kscott; December 28, 2005 at 02:43 PM.

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

eh, can I post here? :sweatingb

Good job! Was just wondering wether this will be in the front page anytime soon?
    Under the wing of Nihil - Under my claws; Farnan, Ummon, & Ecclesiastes.

Human beings will be happier — not when they cure cancer or get to Mars or eliminate racial prejudice or flush Lake Erie — but when they find ways to inhabit primitive communities again. That’s my utopia.
    Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus The Inane
    Was just wondering wether this will be in the front page anytime soon?
    :wink: Wait.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Wouldn't it be awsome if this could be delivered in your mailbox, at its release?
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

imb39's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Patrician Citizen spy of the council

Perhaps....

Quote Originally Posted by imb39
    Perhaps....
    But what total TWC-maniac would want that huh? :laughing:
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

Default Re: The Helios - TWC News Issue I

lempa

hoolaboola bart simpson rulllleszz

eat my shorts

keeeeeeeeeeee puuuooo

booooooo

koooohooooooo

beeeeeeeeeboooooooooo

Banned
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54