Thread: Crusader Kings: Stability

Phase's Avatar Senator

Default Crusader Kings: Stability

I have -3 stability, I have scutage at almost 0, I have a regular income (24) but I still have stability of -3 and everytime my vassal rebel my stability seems to drop back down after I got a random increase stability event. Can anyone help? This is crazy.

Default Re: Crusader Kings: Stability

i cannot figure this out either.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Pious Agnost's Avatar Praefectus

Firstly, could you give me the specific name of the event?

Secondly, could you go to C:\Program Files\Crusader Kings\db\events and copy me the contents of the file 'stability_events.txt'

CamilleBonparte's Avatar Senator

Sometimes in Crusader Kings the dice roll in such a way that one must weep in utter despair and start over.
    "If History is deprived of the truth, we are left with nothing but an idle, unprofitable tale." - Polybius
    [/COLOR][/COLOR]

In any case, improving stability can take a very long time, especially once you're at the lower end of it. One thing you have to pay attention to is the size of your demesne, i.e. the size of the territory that is directly controlled by your current ruler. If you have too many provinces in your direct control, the efficiency of your ruler will go down (there will be a popup icon in the upper right corner of the screen telling you about this). Try to never get below ca. 70% efficiency, and only do so in an emergency situation, because it endangers your stability and bad events will start to happen.
    So if you want to get out of your stability crisis and you have a ruling efficiency below 100%, you simply have to give away some of your territory, whether you like it or not (preferably to those vassals that remain loyal to you). That can make the rebel situation even worse, of course, but its either this or give up.