Thread: Request of sorts!

Default Request of sorts!

You guys might be working on already but if not, a guide on the types of units recruitable might be very helpful. There's a bit of a dilemma when setting a government of a foreign land, on whether or not the benefit of local troops over your own comes into play (In my example, Syracuse was just conquered by Carthage, and as Carthage, I don't know if I should let it be locally run, and benefit from greek thorakitai and hoplites, or if it will just give me the bare bones, Archers and pelta-armed skirmishers)

This is something we're working on. It is a huge amount of information, since it's dependant on the city and the controlling faction. 200 settlements X 20 factions gets pretty complicated! (There may be some overlap, but it will still be different for almost every city.)

Yeah, I doubt every variation (depending on faction, province, government type, MIC level) can be taken into account and result in anything comprehensible.

Probably. But I assume that some of the most notable units (Whether or not a player could recruit legionaries in Rome, Thorakitai in Greek lands, Horse archers, ect.) are possible. It would be more the units you could recruit under which government, than when you can in the barracks.

As for making it comprehensible, I'm no good at Spreadsheets, but something like

=Specific Faction=
    Rome

=Region=

Greece, some southern greek one

=Governing Type=

Option 2 - List of Units

Option 3
    Option 4 - List of Units + any benefits

And then repeat it after Region, for each different one.

Odds are you guys have your own idea, but I think that might make it comprehendable.

And while I have you here for a moment Do you think I should go with an Emporium or Client State for Syracuse, as Carthage?

A spreadsheet that read our entries in the EDB and regions would be the only thing i could think of that would work. Because there will be new units added, some govt changes, etc. It is still in flux in many areas.

If you are hard pressed, go with a client state, but if you can handle a wait, go for the emporium. I almost always build the lowest type where available though. Keep in mind you can build the quick one - client state - and then later when things are calm you can destroy it and start a more thorough process of 'karthadastimization'.

Artifex

Right now, I would suggest building level IV governments whenever you cannot building level I or level II. Because we have a temporary solution in place for the foreign recruitment of troops, basically the higher level of troop it is, the higher the number "type" government you need.

So, if you can building I or II, do it, otherwise I would say go for IV for now, until we get our recruitment set up properly, and the government bonuses mean more.
    Ignoranti, quem portum petat, nullus suus ventus est. - Seneca

'karthadastimization'. - Somehow that really strikes me as funny. Guess I have to get used to that term for Carthage.

Thanks for the answers, and Khelvan for the good way of thinking about it - higher level government for higher level troops

I've opted to go for II in Syrakuse, and think I'll have a emporium for messaina.

Very brilliant stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga
    Thanks for the answers, and Khelvan for the good way of thinking about it - higher level government for higher level troops
    Just remember that this 'higher level government for higher level troops' specifically is for *foreign* troops. You will be able to recruit very few of your own good troops in a type4 govt.