Thread: mod homepage

Default mod homepage

What's wrong with the homepage ( http://lotr-tw.net/ )? For weeks there is only an error message. Is the mod dead?

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

Default Re: mod homepage

No, the team members are still posting here, aren't they ? Wlesmana and Bardo.
    There are just some problems with the site, they said it would get fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bull3pr00f View Post
    No, the team members are still posting here, aren't they ? Wlesmana and Bardo.
    There are just some problems with the site, they said it would get fixed.
    I just discovered this forum. (Although I played the 1.1 c version since the mod was mentioned in the German magazine Gamestar). Glad to hear they are working on it. The mod is nearly perfect for me. There are only two things bothering me.
    1) Multiple Saurons on large and huge unit size (I solved it by using a method like the "Gods and fighting men" mod used to make the Dark Lord in their mod a single man: As an infantry unit, with many invisible bodyguards around him (just like the Frodo and Sam unit in you mod) who are strong enough to prevent ordinary enemies from reaching him; just works well for me)
    2) The new settlements on the battle map look rather crude.
    Except from these points, your mod is pure awsomeness. Ok, there is the Third Age mod, but I always return to the Rome engine, although the graphics are rather old now, but somehow Rome is my favourite Total War.
    Last edited by TW-fanboy; November 16, 2010 at 12:27 PM.

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

Agreed with everything. Rome also just feels more...responsive than M2TW.

For some reason the number of Saurons is reset to 4 as soon as you reload the game, and we have not found any workarround yet. If you want to see one Sauron alone in huge settings, and at the same time to keep him an elephant unit that launches people to the air, you can get it by playing the game continually without saving-reloading the game.

I also agree the settlements need an improvement, it is planned since long time ago, but I have no skills and wlesmana had no time to perform it.

About lotr-tw.net forums temporary down, there is more info here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=396659
    Last edited by Bardo; November 16, 2010 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    For some reason the number of Saurons is reset to 4 as soon as you reload the game, and we have not found any workarround yet. If you want to see one Sauron alone in huge settings, and at the same time to keep him an elephant unit that launches people to the air, you can get it by playing the game continually without saving-reloading the game.
    well, it works fine for me the way I modded it. My favourite villain is Saruman, anyway..
    Greetings from a follower of the true master of Arda:

God may bless Sir Christopher Lee.
    Last edited by TW-fanboy; November 17, 2010 at 09:00 AM.