Thread: some questions about somethings i have found to be ïnacturate" correct me if im wrong, im not too experienced with ww1 warefare :)

Default some questions about somethings i have found to be ïnacturate" correct me if im wrong, im not too experienced with ww1 warefare :)

some things:

machine guns not movable (is it accurate that machine guns were not moveble)

machine gun.... that... zone in front of a unit that shows the max distance a unit can fire box is facing backwards.

trenches not very realistic. (instead of digging, a barrier comes out in front of them and does not even cover the whole unit)

and thats about it.

loving the mod btw especialy the deadlyness of art and machine guns hahaha and my fav... GAS!!!!

keep up the good work!! hope to see the next release soon!!!

(im not trying to complain or anything, just clarification)

Big Dogg's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: some questions about somethings i have found to be ïnacturate" correct me if im wrong, im not too experienced with ww1 warefare :)

Well the machine gun not being movable is fairly realistic as they could only be fired when stationary and they were very clumsy and hard to move.

The fire zone is, as far as i know, something to do with how NTW works.

And the trenches are the standed NTW but there are some screenies somewhere or other of the map having trenches built into it. Which will hopefully be coming soon, maybe the release after next.

Hope that answers your questions

kenniston5's Avatar TAR local moderator

Default Re: some questions about somethings i have found to be ïnacturate" correct me if im wrong, im not too experienced with ww1 warefare :)

got to rememember this is a mod for NTW about ww1 they are trying to get it as playable,graphics,and option-wise as they can(not everything will be perfect),But this is still a excellent mod!!

crossjon's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by raphael View Post
    some things:

machine guns not movable (is it accurate that machine guns were not moveble)
    As stated earlier, and to make it movable, it would require new animations
    machine gun.... that... zone in front of a unit that shows the max distance a unit can fire box is facing backwards.
    A bug, I don't know if anyone can fix this or not.
    trenches not very realistic. (instead of digging, a barrier comes out in front of them and does not even cover the whole unit)
    currently all we can have
    and thats about it.

loving the mod btw especialy the deadlyness of art and machine guns hahaha and my fav... GAS!!!!

keep up the good work!! hope to see the next release soon!!!

(im not trying to complain or anything, just clarification)
    answers in bold, and thanks for the comments.
    @Alec371: the map is in 4.5, but the in map trenches don't work very well.

Piledriver2311's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by kenniston5 View Post
    got to rememember this is a mod for NTW about ww1 they are trying to get it as playable,graphics,and option-wise as they can(not everything will be perfect),But this is still a excellent mod!!
    Yup, we all appreciate the hard work the mod team is putting into this mod. They've done alot so far and i think it mostly gives you the feel of ww1. crank the difficulty up to the hardest on campaign and battle.

From the very first time I fixed my eyes on youuu girl... My heart says follow through..
    TGW BETA TESTER? TGW REASERCH GUY

thanks for the answers guys!!! realy apreciate it, looking 4ward to the next release of TGW!!!!!!!!!
    and about the machine gun box thing, i think its faced behind because in NTW, we have to unlimber the cannons to make them face the front and fire but when limbered, the cannons face behind so i think thats why its faced behind. maybe you could fix it by giving it a limber and unlimber option in the next release?

bump

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

An unlimber option would require horses and a carriage. The reversed firing arc has no effect on the performance of the MGs, however; the machinegunners shoot where the gun points.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

ok ty!!!

Piledriver2311's Avatar Semisalis

Also, the heavy machine guns which were the most effective during the war were quite a static weapon. The gun usualy weight about 40lbs., the tripod was around 60 lbs., including the additional equipment such as water cooling items, and ammunition was a very cumbersome weapon. A machine gun crew was about 5-6 men, because of all the equipment, but once set only 2 men to operate it. however, light machine guns saw they're debut in ww1, which were very mobile such as the U.S. BAR.

From the very first time I fixed my eyes on youuu girl... My heart says follow through..
    TGW BETA TESTER? TGW REASERCH GUY