Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slowdown mod for EB?

Default Slowdown mod for EB?

Is there one? Troops seem to move awefully fast and fighting is over quickly too

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

Artifex

Lightning fast as compared to what? We spent a considerable amount of time slowing the battles down from vanilla.
    Ignoranti, quem portum petat, nullus suus ventus est. - Seneca

darths slowdown mod in rtr6

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

EB battles are much better (longer, challenging) than RTR will ever be. Sorry but it's a fact. I am sure alot of people will agree.

plasticfigurine's Avatar Ducenarius

I noticed that battles in EB are shorter than those in other mods also. They are longer than in vanilla RTW, but i have had some very short battles with EB.

I feel battles are perfect length on vh/vh what difficulty are you guys playing? -Leon

Quote Originally Posted by invictus
    I feel battles are perfect length on vh/vh what difficulty are you guys playing? -Leon
    I play on medium battle difficulty, because on vh, it gives the AI stat bonuses. No cheating AI for me.

Hmmm....perhaps thats why the romans seem so unbeatable, i have them down to one city, but its impossible to take, i only have merc's left lol o well -Leon

Kscott's Avatar New and Improved!

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfigurine
    I play on medium battle difficulty, because on vh, it gives the AI stat bonuses. No cheating AI for me.
    well then maybe you shouldnt be playing EB :wink:

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

Quote Originally Posted by Kscott
    well then maybe you shouldnt be playing EB :wink:
    ok, then maybe.....no over-cheating AI...or something

EDIT: Wait, didnt they give the AI advantages only in the campaign?

Kscott's Avatar New and Improved!

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfigurine
    ok, then maybe.....no over-cheating AI...or something

EDIT: Wait, didnt they give the AI advantages only in the campaign?

I dunno, but the gave alot of cheating to make the AI be "better" in money sense, and thus harder challenge for the player..

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

I'm sorry but i agree, the battles are too fast because the units mental state (or moral) is in the same level that vanilla units,the units movements are slower than vanilla, so i don't think the problem is the movement speed.

I'm playing my EB version whit some minor changes and one of them is that one, i rise up the morale for all the units 8 points,that seems to fix the problem and the units don't run away so fast, is a shame i can't upload the files as an attachments cause the limit is only 19 k , but anyway you can do it yourself, 8 more points to mental state for each unit in the export_descr_units.txt
    Have a coffee dude...

I dont play campaigns (gasp!). So cheating AI isnt a factor for me. As a matter of fact, I have NEVER completed a single campaign in the history of the whole TW series (STW, MTW, RTW). I just have fun with the battle editor/custom battles.

must also be the killrate? not that i h8 it, i just have a friend who insists on this sort of thing

i didn't know that...killrate??
    Perhaps raising the armour level a little could help to make the units more "die hard"
    Have a coffee dude...

Quote Originally Posted by DEMETRIOUS II
    EB battles are much better (longer, challenging) than RTR will ever be. Sorry but it's a fact. I am sure alot of people will agree.
    I agree, I just had a small seige in Byzantion (well mid-size seige) and it took me a good 20 minutes to finally take it from the defenders.Although I'm playing on Medium, I don't understand the people who talk of fast battles, sure if you have 300 heavy cavalry and you just smash into their lines, of course they are going to route pretty fast. but I have noticed extended melee and lower kill-rates. Perfect, IMO.

thanks EB

LorDBulA's Avatar Biarchus

Just play on Hard battle difficulty in campaigne. Giving +8 morale bonus will also stop yours troops from routing. And you loose battles when yours troops are routed, so this mean you will loose less.

Playing on Hard, I have noticed that my battles (just two, so far) last longer than with RTR playing on the same level. It is more difficult to make units route even when charging with cavalry on the rear of a unit already engaged on its front. Nevertheless, I must also say that I find units' speed a bit high for my taste.

Just play on Hard battle difficulty in campaigne. Giving +8 morale bonus will also stop yours troops from routing. And you loose battles when yours troops are routed, so this mean you will loose less.
    LOL, ,this must be a joke , you should rise up 8 points to ALL the units for ALL the factions, so if your troops don't run , neither the enemy units, ........if A=B, then B = A...is a very simple .You don't change the balance of thing

You win or you loose and so the enemy and thats it , the fact is that makes longer battles, and that's the thread for....is not a difficult or not thread i think
    Have a coffee dude...

battles are shorter... (hard) morale is low, enemyes rout fast, so rise of morale is a must.
    You have to consider the possibility that God does not like you. He never wanted you. In all probability, he hates you. This is not the worst thing that can happen. - The Soap Salesman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast