Thread: Problems With both ways of installing

Icon4 Problems With both ways of installing

hi i tried installing v0.98b bu it said that it couldnt create uninstall something, so then i tried to install v0.97 but when i put the files in the rome folder (the one where the shortcut leads) and then clicked the bat file the screen kept flashing black and white before going to the mods loading screen, and then closing a displaying an error "Script Error in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 221, column 32

don't recognise this culture type"
    do i need a clean install as i have both roma surrectum and europa barborum installed?

Achea's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Problems With both ways of installing

Oh yeah, you definately need a fresh install if you have both EB and RS running in the same directory. EB is modfoldered, but has "spill over" files that affect compatibility.

what about the "Script Error in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 221, column 32

don't recognise this culture type"
    and the "couldnt install uninstall"
    Last edited by Extradaemon; November 15, 2010 at 11:31 AM.

Achea's Avatar Ordinarius

I have expierienced the same "couldn't create folder uninstall" as well when using a clean Vanilla directory when attempting to install 0.98, so I can't help you there. But the script error is due to the fact that Roma Surrectum overwrites Vanilla files and is not compatible with other mods, even modfoldered ones. I am shocked that you are running EB on the same directory in the first place.