Thread: I lose THIS battle, with over 3000 men. . .

Default I lose THIS battle, with over 3000 men. . .

FIRST PROBLEM:

Yes, as the title says. With !OVER! 3000 men, and the enemy has 2000 man

Approximately after five minutes, the whole army runs away, got this 2x in 1 hour..

I play Berbers at Hardest/Hard, RTW:BI. 1.2 because 1.6 patch wil not install

Ok, my problem, here a pic:

SECOND PROBLEM

I have installed RTW, then i install patch 1.2.
    Then i install BI. And then i try to install patch 1.6 for RTW:BI.

Then i got this error, when i try to play campaign:

Plz, if u have a little, little idea what i do wrong whit my first and second problem, then help me.

Tnx before! :laughing:

First problem - you're either a terrible commander or the romans sent something a bit more potent than the rubbish you hurled at them. The Berbers really have nothing with any punch to it.

Don't know about the second.

Seleukos's Avatar Hell hath no fury
    Patrician

Your army was ragtag. All Berber armies are ragtag. You must use overwhelming armies, I mean 2 vrs 1 to get anywhere against the Romans.

The Berbers can put up a good fight and need not overwhelm in terms of numbers, but they have to be able to crack the morale of their opponent early. If they cannot do that, they will be destroyed.

I would see a mod as a possible cause. Perhaps the file tree for the campaign is wrong when a folder was moved, but then the whole game might not start. It certain cannot find any campaign. If the files are where they should be (drive\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\bi\data\world\maps\campaign\barbarian_invasion), then check all files are there, and check inside the files. If it cannot be set right, a reinstallation, with any files required backed up, is necessary.

Yes, the berbers are not good i know now But u are possible right, 2 vs 1 roman.

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerius
    I would see a mod as a possible cause. Perhaps the file tree for the campaign is wrong when a folder was moved, but then the whole game might not start. It certain cannot find any campaign. If the files are where they should be (drive\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\bi\data\world\maps\campaign\barbarian_invasion), then check all files are there, and check inside the files. If it cannot be set right, a reinstallation, with any files required backed up, is necessary.
    Ok, tnx i shall reinstal the whole thing. If i got trouble i post here my comments.

Tnx All!

Berber realy are wery weak. So we only have one way to voctory: tactics on the battlefield You have to implement the late roman empire tactics: the infantry must stay and only protect the missiles infantry. In first step archers shuld use up all arrows they have. The second step is an infantry assault. The third step is an cavalry assault from the flank. Their attack on the enemies rear shoud be enough to destroy them. If not - you should concentrate all of yout cavalry and attack by whole of your cavalry on one enymies squad. When they will start to escape you shoul continue the attack along your infantry line. It should be done quickly, because your infantry usually have worse armour then your enemys and dying quickly.

Odovacar's Avatar I am with Europe!

Berbers are......They once attacked one of my leaders on North africa,marching with a small army. At the end their entire "empire" has fallen. They could not take a candle from a child...
    Either start the game with a nation, who can actually do something at the battlefield, or use verynumerous forces, entire red armies, with mercenaries recruited in somewhere else as they are way better than berbers.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB HORSEARCHER
    quis enim dubitat quin multis iam saeculis, ex quo vires illius ad Romanorum nomen accesserint, Italia quidem sit gentium domina gloriae vetustate sed Pannonia virtute

Sorry Armenia, for the rascals who lead us.

I tried the Berbers on VH/VH and it was quit hard, but I found out a nice mixture of units you should have in your army: A couple of camels, because 1 units of camels can actually beat 1 unit of sarmatian auxillirary! So this should make your cavelary beat their cavalery. also Hillmen are good because of their javalins, get them behind your mountainmen and let them throw all their spears, or get them behind the enemy and let them throw them from there.

Mountain men are good if you set them on "stand ground" or what ever it is called because then they can hold a line untill your cavelary comes behind the ene,y. Also use Archers, horse archers and moorish raiders.

And don't ´siege cities with 1. cohorts in them onless you are ready to lose A LOT of you men!

BTW I think you are seposed to have version 1.3 before ionstalling version 1.6?? or you can tri to reinstall both RTW and BI then 1.6.... or reinstall RTW, then BI, then 1.3 and then 1.6...

Pummelling a captain led army with berber archers is what I tend to do. If that fails I turn to my cunning plan: plan B. That is to run like hell. I have actually found myself sneaking armies to cities without garrisons and taking them. Syracuse and Caralis were two I took. Taking other cities and levelling their buildings if they cannot be held is another. The problem is that unlike, say, the Goths, Berbers cannot sustain a lengthy fight with the first cohorts that both empires love to use late in the game. 1.6 might make taking islands a less profitable course.