Thread: victoria 2 - cultures?

Default victoria 2 - cultures?

I'm playing as the california republic (which culture is yankee) and it's 1875 by now and my whole country is still nothing but immigrants! all my provinces are 50% british, mainly and no yankees. I've been fighting off anarcho jacobites since the beginning of the game.. any ideas?

"Close your eyes, Pray for Plagues"

Default Re: victoria 2 - cultures?

I wish genocide was in the game.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

Bring up your population screen, and go to a province. Hover over a non-accepted POPs culture, and it will give you details about assimilation, and show what's required to get them to assimilate faster. However, if there are no Yankee POPs in a province, you simply won't get assimilation, as there's "nothing to assimilate to".

As an American nation though, you'll always get immigrants. They have increased chances to go to nations in the Americas, and moreso to nations that are Democracies.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eneru112 View Post
    I wish genocide was in the game.
    Ha Ha Ha true, can it be modded?
    I already ranted about that there is no genocide in HoI3! I wanted to kill untermensch it happened in reality why can't I kill them in the game?

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Because that's really ed up?

In any case, you more or less need to create conditions in which pops will assimilate to yankee culture. This more or less means they need needs fulfilled, literacy, and low militancy.

The game seems to be bugged in it's assimilation in the sense that I've only observed assimilation occurring if there were already your primary culture in that province (IE, you can't have pops assimilating to yankee if there are no yankees in california).

This also ties into an annoying bug of sorts which causes india to be like 40% british culture soldiers by the end of the game.

You are in luck though: The USA often doesn't do very well. I have had immigrants from the USA as SPAIN of all places, after the USA suffered at least two revolutions and had the CSA and new england form.

Alternatively, start the game as the USA and release california after you've conquered it from mexico and some yankee pops have moved there. If you have good social and political reforms compared to the USA you will get a great deal of immigration. Especially if anarcho-liberals take over. I saw new england at least quintuple in population after it split from the dictatorship version of the US. It had gone from like...125K to over a million in the space of 30-40 years with just massachusetts.

Quote Originally Posted by John I Tzimisces View Post
    Because that's really ed up?
    That's like, your opinion, man.

damn, there's still no yankees to assimilate into my pops and I played till 1900.
    I'll just have to restart and release California from USA, thanks for your help guys!

"Close your eyes, Pray for Plagues"

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Patch 1.2 mess up assimilation rate... Either way, a quick way to assimilate population is to force Bureaucrat population increases; in my Ottoman game I was able to get 25% Turkish population in Bosnia within ten years by encouraging Bureaucrat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

I don't see why Bureaurcrat's have anything to do with assimilation. The modifiers don't even mention their levels. Mostly its concerned with how much of their life needs are being met (a POP getting it's Luxury needs assimilates more) and their Literacy (iirc, there's a modifier if the POP has >40% Literacy).
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

If there are Turkish bureaucrats in bosnia, and you're encouraging bureaucrats, then any non-turkish pops that promote to bureaucrats in bosnia will join the turkish bureaucrats.