Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SUBMOD: units add-on download! Units of the second invasion.

Default SUBMOD: units add-on download! Units of the second invasion.

Here you can find the unit add-on from Toontotalwar and Sir DCC: 17 units.

a lot of these units are units of the second invasion, after the failure of the first invasion:

Attached Thumbnails

you can download here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=398820

or here directly: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=3004
    Last edited by panzerschreck; December 11, 2012 at 03:24 PM.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: SUBMOD: units add-on!

Thanks for adding the mod to sub mod section! +Rep to all

panzerschreck rep, i can`t wait to try this new units.

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian121 View Post
    panzerschreck rep, i can`t wait to try this new units.
    errr....can I also remind you to rep Sir Chicken and me as we made these units for the community based of Kungfuserge base unit, thanks

Paladin247's Avatar Biarchus

Instructions say to:
    1. Place all files in data folder
    2. Activate using the user script file and adding the entry at the bottom of script:

When I unpack the British_Units folder into the orient data folder and open it there is one file therein titled British_Units which is a PACK file of 138,258kb that will not open further. Attempts to open it w/ notepad lock up so I can't find the user script.

OK, now found the user script file and entered the required line, but still nada.

I am not seeing the extra units in the available forces for Zulu battles so I'm obviously doing something wrong. Any help appreciated.
    Last edited by Paladin247; December 16, 2010 at 01:39 PM. Reason: found user script file
    "With a population of around a million, Rome (in Claudius' time) was a vast city even by modern standards. It is worth pointing out that during the early Renaissance the population of Rome was no more than fifteen thousand-- living amid the ruins of a civilization that dwarfed their own. It was not until the nineteenth century that the population of Rome returned to the levels it had enjoyed under the Caesars. That is eloquent proof of the fact that human history is not a tale of steady progress towards greater knowledge and achievement." Simon Scarrow

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin247 View Post
    Instructions say to:
    1. Place all files in data folder
    2. Activate using the user script file and adding the entry at the bottom of script:

When I unpack the British_Units folder into the orient data folder and open it there is one file therein titled British_Units which is a PACK file of 138,258kb that will not open further. Attempts to open it w/ notepad lock up so I can't find the user script.

OK, now found the user script file and entered the required line, but still nada.

I am not seeing the extra units in the available forces for Zulu battles so I'm obviously doing something wrong. Any help appreciated.
    Place the british_units.pack in the data folder of NTW, NOT into the orient data folder!! this is where your going wrong mate

Toon, thanks for the response. The NTW data folder contains a folder titled "orient_mod" and that's where I put the british units. I moved them to the NTW main data folder, but that didn't work either.

The user script that I entered "mod British_Units.pack;" into is here.

E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\napoleon total war\data_orient\User

Is that correct?

Could I trouble you to give me the full address of the folder that the british units go into?

Thanks again.
    Last edited by Paladin247; December 17, 2010 at 04:47 PM.
    "With a population of around a million, Rome (in Claudius' time) was a vast city even by modern standards. It is worth pointing out that during the early Renaissance the population of Rome was no more than fifteen thousand-- living amid the ruins of a civilization that dwarfed their own. It was not until the nineteenth century that the population of Rome returned to the levels it had enjoyed under the Caesars. That is eloquent proof of the fact that human history is not a tale of steady progress towards greater knowledge and achievement." Simon Scarrow

carlh's Avatar Foederatus

I am having the same issue fellas, can you help please?

Now works great , many thanks

carlh, how did you do it?

put the british unit file in data folder NOT in the Orient folder, then locate the user script txt file, its in users/apps/roaming and add this to the user script file : mod British_Units.pack then save the file and it should work,its well worthit as it gives you loads more units. hope this helps

Try the new pack ( Beta ) ; I think you will enjoy the movie Zulu even more

I cannot find the user/apps/roaming folder even putting that into the Windows 7 Pro search engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin247 View Post
    I cannot find the user/apps/roaming folder even putting that into the Windows 7 Pro search engine.
    this is the path (replace the Carl one with your own PC name on your system)

C:\Users\Carl\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts

hope this helps mate

All my games are on the E (solid state) drive. The installation was from a CD. This is how Steam has configured NTW.

E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\napoleon total war\data_orient\User

There is no Appdata folder. I have tried putting the user script here and in the NTW master data folder. Nada either way. Thanks.

Here's mine (win XP) Yours would be something other than HP Administrator probably!

C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts

Please note that this is on C:\ although my game is on E:\
    Last edited by pauljle; December 20, 2010 at 12:37 PM. Reason: clarify location of scripts

pauljle,

Thanks for trying to help, but no such location in W7 Pro. I think I'm going to give up and go play Khartoum.

hmmm im using win pro 7 and found it ok.. are you searching the correct directories...just thought id ask.. :-)

Q_C, Thanks. Could you put the full address of where you found it up?

Does this work with the latest version of the mod? I've tried adding it but the units won't show up in the campaign and/or custom battles.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast