Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: STURM UND DRANG 2 - RELEASED - Latest update 25/04/2012

Default Re: STURM UND DRANG 2 - RELEASED - Latest update 25/04/2012

This is the Finland save you asked me to send to check the problem with the declarations of war. Since that post I've played this save and noticed that Hungary and even England had same problem. I tried direct attack and then diplomacy declaration for Hungary, and port blockade for England without success.

I play on easiest settings and have fully updated game without any other mods or alterations made if these infos are any use/help =).

Looks like it didnt get the file on last post...

Hello, got a question, i would love to play as these factions, but still
    i would like to play DMUC, does these mods work together
    if i put the startpos together with SD2 and DMUC? (In the custom Campaign in DMUC Luancher)

Would love if they would work together

ah forgot one thing,
    is there someway to always start
    on early Campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by xkrjoh23 View Post
    Hello, got a question, i would love to play as these factions, but still
    i would like to play DMUC, does these mods work together
    if i put the startpos together with SD2 and DMUC? (In the custom Campaign in DMUC Luancher)

Would love if they would work together
    If custom Campaign of DMUC uses its own mod folder for startpos then you cannot. Also I use the same (Darth's) CAI files and I am not sure about the result of using DMUC with SD2.

Quote Originally Posted by xkrjoh23 View Post
    ah forgot one thing,
    is there someway to always start
    on early Campaign?
    Go in ...\empire total war\SD2\Campaigns and check start_list.txt. The factions with E use the early grand campaign map and the rest the late one.
    Last edited by husserlTW; May 17, 2012 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aku Armoton View Post
    This is the Finland save you asked me to send to check the problem with the declarations of war. Since that post I've played this save and noticed that Hungary and even England had same problem. I tried direct attack and then diplomacy declaration for Hungary, and port blockade for England without success.

I play on easiest settings and have fully updated game without any other mods or alterations made if these infos are any use/help =).
    Terve!

I checked the save and for some reason the protectorate status it is still there (in the file). Try the attached save where I made a correction. If it works then do the following so you want have the same problem in the future starting a new game as Finland:

Go in ...\empire total war\SD2\Campaigns and find the startpos for Finland. It is in folder 2 as you can see in start_list.txt. Open it with EsfEditor and go in fist FACTION of the FACTION_ARRAY (follow the yellow path marks). It says Scotland but actually it is Finland. Change the number to 0 in the red arrow marked line. Save only by selecting File, Save and you are ready.

Alright, thx for answear
    Also, why is some of the nations on early campaign
    and some aint?

For historical reasons. All the national movements that created the modern nations happened mainly in early 19th century.

Ah, i see, but you dont think you could make Early campaign
    for all the nations?
    Like, only add the startpos in a seperate map?
    Would really appreciate that!

Thanks Husserl, save works like a charm now. I also made the changes to startpos and checked that it works too. On a sidenote, where did you get the names for Finnish generals, ministers and leaders? There's some female names for males and some surnames as firstnames. I could make a proper list for some names and send it to you, if you have plans for new updates.

I've found them in the web but you can do help me if you have some time. Attached is the game's text file. Since I cannot add a new group name I have replaced the Swedish names with Finish. Unzip and open it with a spreadsheet and go in line 24.612. There start the Swedish names which correspond to the Finish ones. This which you have to do is to check if the Swedish name in column A is the same genre with the Finish name in genre B. For example in first entry there is:
    Code:
    | names_name_names_swedishAas | Aalto |
    Is Aas the same genre with Aalto? Are both firstnames or surnames? If yes do nothing, else change Aalto with the right one. You can use a new name or one from the next entries. There is no problem if 2 different lines have different names in column A but the same name in column B. Never change the entries in column A, but only in column B. There are many entries need checking so take your time.

Kiitos palion!
    Last edited by husserlTW; May 18, 2012 at 06:14 AM.

Heres the edited loc file, I did this with notepad++. I hope I didn't miss anything, or ruined the whole thing and wasted everyones time (wouldn't be first time ).

So soon? Great! +rep

It was imported in pack so it must be good. Since you play a Suomi campaign, you can test it easily: open ...\empire total war\SD2\Packs\fin_loc.pack with a PFM, select Import TSV (top right) and point your localisation.loc.tsv you made it. You do not have to start a new game.

Another help you could provide. You would have noticed that some characters in Finnish names have ASCII symbols. That is because of my keyboard. If you have a keyboard which can right special Finnish characters can you correct them. You can do that straight on PFM without export/import TSV.

mmmm malwarebytes found a zeus in 2.1 not really liking how this mod is turning out

Quote Originally Posted by Vamisk View Post
    mmmm malwarebytes found a zeus in 2.1 (...)

"Zeus is a password-stealing trojan that monitors for visits to certain Web sites. It allows limited backdoor access and control and may terminate certain security-related processes."

Zeus is a serious infection and I should expect from you at least to report the infected file(s).

My knowledge in hardware/software is more than average so I use all possible protections of my PC, using trusted and tested tools. I hate to have any intrusion in my PC so I am quite sensitive in security system. The same stands for the files I upload with my mods. I have uploaded many GBs all these years and I would never let anything to jeopardise my reputation. So I double check the files I upload.

Of course, there is always the possibility to be a victim of an attack, so after I saw your message I checked my system thoroughly. First with my Avast:

Current installation of in game SD2 v. 2.2
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Installation files of previous v. 2.1 which you actually reported:

Installation files of current v. 2.2:

Moreover I checked my system folder for the Zeus files and the registry according the Microsoft guide: http://blogs.technet.com/mmpc/archiv.../got-zbot.aspx

My system is clean.

last with Malwarebytes:

As far as I can tell I have no Zeus bot in my system or/and any SD installation files. But perhaps I've missed something so I'll wait to see the report with the infected file(s). Also i should appreciate to zip and send them to me.
    (...) not really liking how this mod is turning out
    I found the last part of your statement jumping into conclusions -if it is not impolite-, and especially when it lacks of any proof. It also suggests that there is a deliberately act to spread malware infection for own profit (???). This is completely unacceptable!

I'll be expecting for your answer.
    Last edited by husserlTW; June 01, 2012 at 09:42 AM.

Well that last bit was uncalled for and it is only because of my frustrations as i suffer a CTD when trying to play any faction using SD2. Also forgive my poor MS paint skills.

Thanks for your answer. I was expecting it since I was very frustrating. You see Zeus bot is a common fishing malware for passwords, credit cards elements, etc. so it was a very serious the report you made. But after your answer everything everything is clear and ok. for me.

This is a known old issue which is not in any case a thread or malware. See here for more: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=423339

Some very "clever" software (have been reported so far Avir, McAfee, Norton ) who like to scare users and prove that they are good products (or make a free licence a paid one), create false alarm in exe files hand-made by us (the modders, using a batch file) and does not have Microsoft certification (as most of the freeware utilities because it takes time and a complicate procedure...). But malwarebytes proved to be the "cleverest": not only found a "malware" but it recognised it as Zeus bot!!! I feel I become better and better... !!! Feel free to send them any file of mine to check it, along with my... congratulations!

Anyway you can try the latest 2.2 version which has not such batch/exe files and you won't have such alarms, though you never can be sure..
    Last edited by husserlTW; June 01, 2012 at 06:16 PM.

I'll update to 2.2 then.

CW 3.X log - 10/09/2012
    --------------------------
    Info:
    Registered owner: Alexis, Is admin? True, Has limited token? False
    OS: Windows 7 x 32 - Enterprise Edition, Version: 6, Build Number: 7601
    Memory: Total: 3327 Available: 2051
    Display: 1280 x 1024 - 32 bit
    Mod Installation Path:
    S&D2 path: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\SD2
    Steam Status: On
    Current non vanilla files in data folder:
    darthmod.pack
    unit_pack_compatibility_project_v6_3.pack
    Actions:
    * 17:50:48 -> Mod started
    * 17:50:49 -> Common scripting.lua copied.
    * 17:50:49 -> SD_boot.pack already in data.
    * 17:50:49 -> SD_patch.pack already in data.
    * 17:51:15 -> S&D2 mod is closing.
    * 17:51:15 -> S&D2 ready selected.
    * 17:51:25 -> S&D2 2 launcher closed.
    End of log report.

Hello,
    I was playing with regno d'Italia, then I saved and exited the game. Today when I tried to load it the game crushed. I open the game with S&D 2 choosing to play as Regno d'Italia and again it crushed, then I opened the game with the original game and again it crushed... I can't figure out what's wrong, so I pasted the report and asking here. Please if someone knows anything help cause I want to conquer the Europe as united Italia!

Remove these:

Current non vanilla files in data folder:
    darthmod.pack
    unit_pack_compatibility_project_v6_3.pack