Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: STURM UND DRANG 2 - RELEASED - Latest update 25/04/2012

Default Re: STURM UND DRANG 2 - RELEASED

Husserl in the Italian Risorgimento, but .....
    do not have the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies ... or do not know the story well?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom...e_Two_Sicilies

It is supposing that Rissorgimento has already started with Garibaldi unify the southern parts of Italy. There is no Kingdom of the Two Sicilies because Kingdom of Italy has been arisen.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    It is supposing that Rissorgimento has already started with Garibaldi unify the southern parts of Italy. There is no Kingdom of the Two Sicilies because Kingdom of Italy has been arisen.
    What !? I know I as a South Italian instead, existed the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies ... before Garibaldi unified Italy
    you read this ? ----> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom...e_Two_Sicilies

Did I say something deferent? Mod is supposing to start after Garibaldi unified south Italy. The reason for that is that the game does not allow a faction to become another one in some point of the game (e.g. Kingdom of Italy), so the Kingdom must be present from the start. On the other hand I wouldn't like to all Italy be unified from the beginning.

Anyway I like history of other factions being known and it is one of the reasons I made these mods. I hope more people start talking about historical matters and for other countries also. In this way perhaps the mods will be better...
    Last edited by husserlTW; November 25, 2010 at 02:00 PM.

if I were you ... Enter a new faction in this mod
    maybe the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies ... ok, then up to you if you want to put this faction or no ....
    however it would be nice for me as Southern Italy

There is already Naples & Sicily in Late Campaign isn't it? You only need to change name and flag...

this is great mod...
    @husserlTW can you include Montenegro in the third version of this mod?please....

Default DarthMod 6.5

Can I use Sturm and Drang with Dartmod 6.5 and does Sturm and Drang include all the rest of the factions from the other Empire Total factions or is a stand alone special faction mod?

Will

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

It seems as Haiti I can't recruit line infantry, not even at the highest level building, do i need a major city to do that? (I've been turtling)
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

hey anyword on those issues i mentioned or are they still in the works truth be told id be very content with a fix to the religion thing lol

in relation to that i recently starting playing as brazil and for one reason or another i cannot build any churches
    Last edited by christos5; November 29, 2010 at 07:30 PM.

I'll fix them in the upcoming update where 3 more new factions will be added in India.

ok cool cant wait

Sogdog's Avatar Centenarius

Great mod. It seems though that once you play as one of the new nations (ie: Croatia) the name of your nation in-game is still the name of the replaced nation (ie: Croatia is still called Hamburg I think).

Check in your game's data folder if you use (or have forgotten) another _loc file that conflicts with SD_loc. These files have all the game's texts. More over they are type of "movie", no need for activation in uer script and thus easy to be forgotten. If for example you use a unit pack that adds new units perhaps it uses it's own _loc file as well.

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

Played a little bit with Moldavia. Loved it and I find the idea just great. The title is awesome and I enjoy the description, (especially the reference to Herder). I was wondering about the names of the units. Where did you took them from? I mean are they more or less real?. I really don't have any clue whatsoever about names of late XVIIth century/early XVIIIth century Moldavian/Wallachian soldier except for dorobanti/darabani (which sould have been a kind of provincial infantry). Anyways, a great job.

Thanks! Few people happen to know that the term "nation" is a new cultural creation of 18th century and used politically (as Nation-state) from the new leading middle class to succeed the old regime of Empire and land aristocracy. Most of us are influenced by the German romantic idea that nations exist for ever as pure and clean human social beings. It is a common mistake to use later terms to describe former periods in History. Anyway nation was (and still is) a historical progressive evolution. But it brought also many disasters like nationalism, racism, fascism, some if the most devastating wars, the extinction of whole populations and tribes in America, Africa and Asia, etc., and the worst of all the separation of the people in national(istic) groups. The good thing is that as it did in the past for Empire, Nation will be replaced by a new system of social organization one day. I hope that the things will not be so much worst for areas like Balkans that often are victim of catastrophic nationalism.

Moldavia had been released some time ago as individual mod by vadik15. He had provided all infos. Generally I am trying to find historically infos but if I cannot or there are not existed (e.g. many factions I make were established as independent states in 20th cent.) I use real names like geographic areas, population names, historical persons, mythological names, etc. of the specific faction I make. In this way I provide more cultural infos for that faction in a indirect way though. I know that you are busy enough with Napoleon modding, but you are welcome to join me in making (or improving) new factions so people get to know them better.

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

You're so right about "nation" and nationalism. I don't want to turn this into a historiographical discussion, but I just wanted to stress out the paradox and well, the disastrous consequences for Eastern Europe of taking the "german" herderian model of a nation based on ethnic monolithic unity (strangely enough when most of the intelligentsia studied in France). However, for a short time the nation was also a discourse (unfortunately the only one available in this cultural space) of social emancipation. This ambiguity is quite interesting in itself. I think that's why I like that historical period.

Thanks for the hints. I'm searching myself some information about the units I'm going to put into my mod.

Cheers,

S.

Hi

Thanks for responding. Unfortunately I have modded the hell out of ETW just to make it playable so I don't think I am going to be able to resolve the name issues.

Also, the rebellions just end up been a generic rebel army like the previous post to yours said. Is that also a result of my modded ETW?

Here is the utility that checks game's data folder and removes in a specific directory all the non vanilla packs and files. Instructions in the including readme.txt. It won't dlete any files.

Thanks. You say it removes the files tjhat are not vanilla....where to? Sorry I am not an IT person. Would I be able to move the modded files back to the data folder?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast