Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: STURM UND DRANG 2 - RELEASED - Latest update 25/04/2012

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: STURM UND DRANG 2 - RELEASED - Latest update 25/04/2012

Quote Originally Posted by jan_boruta View Post
    Hello Husserl. I would also like to ask you if you could upload the mod to mediafire (like you did with early colonization). I'm from Poland and can't download from Gamefront. I would be much obliged if you did so.
    I've permission from Husserl to mirror his modding work, so much of it is uploaded here. Of course I may have missed a mod or a tool perhaps a tutorial too, then let me know if you find anything here that isn't mirror on TAL.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

please help me will not load the game this is when I get out of the game (picture:http://www.dodaj.rs/f/2r/NN/2CWWToNb/untitled.png)
    Last edited by Garbarsardar; January 29, 2015 at 09:25 AM.

That picture looks normal to me. I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Why are there files protected with password? People, don't download this it might have a virus...

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMaitoMies View Post
    Why are there files protected with password? People, don't download this it might have a virus...
    On what site did download the Strum und Drang 2 mod?

If you downloaded it here then I can tell you that no files are protected by a password, so it must be other sites that has a password protection for the Strum und Drang 2 mod.

wilpuri's Avatar It Gets Worse.

I was wondering if anyone got this to work on Mac? I'm very excited by the possibility to play as Finland!

Anyway, I've downloaded the files in the previous link but I'm having problems getting the .exe files to launch. Instead I only manage to use the unarchiver to "unzip" the files into new folders. I'm pretty new to this business and I haven't played TW games in years until I some time ago realised some of them are playable with Mac. I've been able to work out the simpler startpos.esf -type deals well enough but I'm a noob with wrappers and all that. I downloaded a couple and haven't been able to make it work. Anyway, if anyone is willing to help me sort this out, it would be much appreciated. The mod looks awesome.
    Last edited by wilpuri; February 23, 2015 at 08:54 AM.
    The common culture of a tribe is a sign of its inner cohesion. But tribes are vanishing from the modern world, as are all forms of traditional society. Customs, practices, festivals, rituals and beliefs have acquired a flut and half-hearted quality which reflects our nomadic and rootless existence, predicated as we are on the global air-waves.

ROGER SCRUTON, Modern Culture

I can't get the mod to load. I played ETW during the Steam sale week before last, and was able to play SD2 on it. However, I missed the sale, and had to buy the game through Gamestop. I've got the game on Steam, the same version and everything (no DLCs like the trial version), but the mod isn't working now. It simply crashes to desktop each time I start the game. Any idea on what I should be doing?

Laetus

Hi,

I have been having issues getting this mod to work, it crashed when I tried. I could not find a separate fix file. Can that be the problem? I look forward to trying this.
    Thank you in advance.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Hi Chera

Obviously, I am not the creator of this mod. I am sorry to hear that it crashed. I know a few basic things, if my knowledge does not help then hopefully someone with more expertise can provide a solution.

Before trying to install it, did you unzip the file?

Were you able to install it or did you have problems installing it?

If you could not install it, are you are using Windows 8? If so, you could try the either of the methods of installing the mod which seem to work for Windows 8 users with husserlTW's similar mod, Empire Total Factions. The methods are:-

- Right-click on the installation file (sd2_setup), select 'properties' (the last item on the menu) then select 'compatibility' (from the tabs along the top) then tick the box by 'Compatibility mode' and select Windows 7 (thanks to Gunder1an for this suggestion)

or:

- Right-click on the installation file, select 'Troubleshoot compatibility'. A box will appear headed 'Program Compatibility Troubleshooter'. After a few seconds, you will have a couple of options. Select 'Try recommended settings' and then 'Test the program' (thanks to Overlordqwerty for this idea)

If you could install it, did you start the Steam client before selecting the Sturm und Drang icon?

(I am sorry if I am telling you things which you already know - I can see that you have been a member of TWC a lot longer than I have.)

[Edit to add] I am using Sturm und Drang to play Haiti for my new AAR (After Action Report - a story about a campaign). If anyone would like to see Sturm und Drang in action, particularly the new Haiti units which husserlTW created, you might want to look at my AAR (there's not much to see yet, there will be more to see over the next few weeks.) There's a link in my signature, if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by Alwyn; July 31, 2015 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wilpuri View Post
    I was wondering if anyone got this to work on Mac? I'm very excited by the possibility to play as Finland!

Anyway, I've downloaded the files in the previous link but I'm having problems getting the .exe files to launch. Instead I only manage to use the unarchiver to "unzip" the files into new folders. I'm pretty new to this business and I haven't played TW games in years until I some time ago realised some of them are playable with Mac. I've been able to work out the simpler startpos.esf -type deals well enough but I'm a noob with wrappers and all that. I downloaded a couple and haven't been able to make it work. Anyway, if anyone is willing to help me sort this out, it would be much appreciated. The mod looks awesome.
    IIRC HusserTW posted instructions of how to play Finland by editing startpos.esf file(s) and I think he mention it somehwere in this tutorial.

So my advice is to start to create small mods by following the startpos.esf tutorial and/or you could also try his EasyEsf tool, which I think is based on his startpos.esf tutorial.

Laetus

Thank you very much for the tips and advice, Alwyn. I am going to follow your advice verbatim. I had just unzipped it in the desktop and probably was not paying too much of attention. I look forward to playing this mod.
    I am using windows 7.
    A big thank you once again.
    Best wishes,

Laetus

Update: I installed the programme again, applied the fix (though it did not replace any file owing to an _ in the name, so I physically replaced the file). No problems during the installation. And I started the steam client first. But the Empire Total war crashes after start (I see the loading screen with three flags) . I must be doing something wrong.... May I request for suggestions, please?

I'm sorry to hear that the game crashes. To start Sturm und Drang, here is what I do:-

(1) I double-click on the Steam icon and wait until the Steam window has opened

(2) I double-click on the Sturm und Drang icon. A message appears headed 'User Account Control' asking if I want to give the file permission to make changes to my computer. I select 'Yes'.

(3) A message appears which says 'Error: attempt to concatenate global 'sProduct' (a nil value) Stack Traceback: 1:[Project-> On Startup] Line 30 in main chunk, I click on 'OK'

(4) A box appears, headed 'Sturm und Drang 2.2' and music starts playing. I have three options: Europe, American and India. There is a small fire icon to the right of each option. I select a region (currently, I select the small fire icon on the right of 'America' because I am playing Haiti).

(5) Then three flags appear - the flags of the United States, Haiti and Brazil. I click on the Haiti flag (the red and black one). After I do that, Sturm und Drang loads the files it needs to play Haiti (a box appears headed 'Copying' and then another box headed 'Moving')

(6) Then a box appears warning me that there are files in the in the data directory which do are neither vanilla nor S&D 2 mod (I am playing Sturm und Drang 2 with additional mods). I click on 'OK' to start the game anyway.

(7) The game then starts and Haiti is playable.

Is that what you did?

You wrote that you applied the fix. I wonder where you got that from - I simply installed the mod using the sd_setup which I downloaded from the link in the opening post. I have not found a working download link to a fix. Is the fix still available somewhere?

Laetus

Thank you very much Alwyn, for the reply and the help.

I get up to step 5, but I never see the copying or the moving. Another loading screen comes up with thee indistinct flags and then comes the message that Empire total war has stopped working. I am using Windows 7. I wonder if that has some problems.

Regarding the fix, I got them from the assimilation website (http://www.theassimilationlab.com/fo...m-und-drang-2/). Maybe I should just use the standard file as you did .

Thank you very much again for the help. I will now try to tweak it and hopefully, it will work.

You're welcome, Chera. Sturm und Drang worked for me on Windows 7, so it should be possible to get this mod working on a Windows 7 PC. I have a couple of guesses about what could be going wrong:-

1. Since it stopped working at step 5, when the mod is supposed to copy files into the relevant folders, perhaps some anti-virus/anti-malware software on your PC is preventing the copying from taking place? I'm not suggesting that you turn the security software off. If you have not done so already, you might want to see if there is a way to tell the security software that Sturm & Drang is 'trusted' software, or see if you can put your security software in 'training' mode while starting Sturm & Drang, to see if that makes any difference. (If you can start the game once using the mod with your security software in 'training' mod, then presumably it would be possible to put your security software back on its normal settings afterwards and play Sturm & Drang, since your security software would have learned that Sturm & Drang is okay).

2. I wonder if the fix was intended for an earlier version of Sturm und Drang (earlier than the version which is available from the original post of this thread). I had a look at the file which the fix contains. The fix file is called sd_graph.pack, its size is 122,678 Kb. The version of Sturm und Drang which I downloaded (without a fix) contains a file with a similar name, sdgraph.pack, which has a size of 302,362 Kb. I'm guessing that the larger file is newer - perhaps the newer version no longer needs the fix (although I could be wrong). In support of that theory, sdgraph.pack has a date of April 23, 2012, while the fix file, sd_graph.pack, has a date of August 4, 2011. So hopefully, if you download and install Sturm und Drang from the link in the original post, without the fix, it will work.

If neither of those guesses work, then hopefully someone else (with more expertise than I have) can help you, if you have not already solved them problem.

Laetus

Dear Alwyn,

Thank you very much for the advice, it is working now. The problem may have been 1. Norton recognising the file as a "threat" and 2. The fix which I had downloaded and installed. I followed your instructions and am very glad to report that all is very well now

To the Admin, I am originally from the Travancore area and had contributed a lot to the Wiki page on the subject. Should the admin need my help with names or even language files, I would be delighted to be of assistance.

A very big thank you to Alwyn

Best wishe

Please tell me from which website can I can download Sturm and drang version 2.2 I have version 2.1 but I cannot find version 2.2... please reply soon

Please tell me from which website can I download Sturm and drang version 2.2 for empire total war I have sd2 and version 2.1 but cant find 2.2 on net please can some one help me

Welcome, feronz. I downloaded Sturm & Drang using the link in the opening post of this thread. My copy is version 2.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Welcome, feronz. I downloaded Sturm & Drang using the link in the opening post of this thread. My copy is version 2.2.
    thanks alwyn...but whenever i try to start the link given on the first page of sturm and drang 2 it says access denied or error i am unable to start www.gamewatcher.com....what can i do,is there any other link available to download sturm and drang version 2.2....