Thread: Unlimited Men on Battlefield

Default Unlimited Men on Battlefield

Hello,

a little Question for RSII. Where can i find the Preferences.txt file? I search and can not find them. The tool to edit them don't work. Somewhere this txt are hidding but where?

Civis

Default Re: Unlimited Men on Battlefield

In your install folder for rome TW RS2 (for example c:\program files\RomeTW) there should be a subfolder named preferences. That's where you'll find the txt file to edit. Hope that made sense.
    Plans within plans...

hello,

Go that way:

=> Rome - Total War => Play_Rome => preferences => preferences.txt

It's the only one ''preferences'' file I found in my RSII.

I don't know if this "preference" file in "Play_Rome" is the main one or if it works only with the roman faction but try it

Chris Death's Avatar Campidoctor

Each faction has it's own folder and each faction also has it's own preferences folder and file.....once you've played that faction - also i think you need to create a preferences file first by changing something in the options.

~S~ CD
    Ever wanted to be able to attack the city of rome the second turn when playing a roman faction yourself in RTW? then click here

|Sith|IV|Chris_Death

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Chrisdeath69?gvnc=1

~S~ CD

For a preference file to be generated you actually need to play that campaign first, and then the file will be in the preferences folder of whichever campaign flder you played the campaign as.

Yep - i just noticed that after starting a one-turn macedon campaign there's even a preference file been
    created in the play_macedon and not only in the play_one_turn folder.

~S~ CD
    Ever wanted to be able to attack the city of rome the second turn when playing a roman faction yourself in RTW? then click here

|Sith|IV|Chris_Death

~S~ CD

Problem.

I play Rome (wonder) Campaign. But no Savesgame is in any folder and in the Play_Rome folder is only "data" nothing else.

I must say that i have problems with the install. I must copy the data from hand to my rome total war folder. When i start the game the failur "12" blinks and sometimes the message "failed to copy the data"

Oh..why must the best mods have the most problems by me..

As i said before - probably you have to create a first preference file by going into options and change
    something in the settings (like army size from huge to large) - then go back to main menu and if you want
    you can again go to options and rechange the army size from large to huge - but you need to go
    to main menu before so that the changes will be applied and thus a preference will gets created.

~S~ CD

|Sith|IV|Chris_Death

~S~ CD

I have do this. I change form huge to small and then again from small to huge. I change the music, the graphic, shadows any many other options. But no preference file is to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Death View Post
    As i said before - probably you have to create a first preference file by going into options and change
    something in the settings (like army size from huge to large) - then go back to main menu and if you want
    you can again go to options and rechange the army size from large to huge - but you need to go
    to main menu before so that the changes will be applied and thus a preference will gets created.

~S~ CD
    THe preferences file is just created when you start a campaign, you have to select the cmapaign you want to play , start up the game and actually start it- you dont have to press end turn or anything, you can just exit the game after you started a game and it should be there.

Hmm.. is this a problem of Windows 7? I have start a new campaign und save 20 savegames. But there is no savegame. My search on my pc have no hit and a preferences file is not to find..

Quote Originally Posted by keldroths View Post
    Hmm.. is this a problem of Windows 7? I have start a new campaign und save 20 savegames. But there is no savegame. My search on my pc have no hit and a preferences file is not to find..
    Well i have windows 7 and it works fine for me.

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by General Brittanicus View Post
    Well i have windows 7 and it works fine for me.
    same here..Win7....flawless

Now i get the message that i should search the "AppData". Puh.. i copy an old preferences file but the game don't accept it. Very bad