Russia: Catherine II
    Denmark: Christian VII
    Sweden: Gustav III
    Sardinia: Victor Amadeus (Vittorio Amadeo) III
    Naples: Ferdinand IV
    Ottoman Empire: Selim III
    Papal States: Pius VI.
    Mecklembourg-Strelitz: Adolphus Frederick IV
    Tuscany (Austrian Protectorate): Leopold II (1765-1790) Holy Roman Emperor/Austrian ruler from 1790.
    This is very helpful, and thank you Soult. I will try to get all this done by the next startpos release! Cheers, MB +rep to the both of you.
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

Default Re: Revolution Order of War | Issues and Complaints

So i need NTW v 1.3 to install this mod?
    just asking

No, not at all. ROW is the next in my Order of War series. Think of it think way? Do you need RTW to run NTW. Same pricipal here.

Cheers MB
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

i have seen screenshots with vanilla flags (prussia and russia) Both of them are very poor, especially if seen in the hands of the standard bearers.

Cheers!
    "What is difficult in training will become easy in a battle" Alexander V. Suvorov

Foederatus

excellent mod except one thing to much bloody smoke,is there a way to use less as i cant see my troops half the time

I like very much this mod but there is a big problem: I have a good computer and I use to play all the time with 640 men in infantry, 240 per unit in cavalry. I use to play with 30 000 / 40 000 soldiers without lag. With that mod: with 10 000 soldiers I have big lags (and I have a good computer) and sometimes ctd if I want more soldiers.
    In the zulu mod, we had the same problem with zulu units. Too many polygons. Problem was solved using software to reduce the number of polygons of the new models.

last thing: sound of muskets and cannons should be more strong, more immersive.

Nice mod. The concept of fighting from the gritty beginning of the revolutions is a great one. However, I am a Suvorov nut, and the "Kingdom of France" takes up the campaign slot that SHOULD belong to Holy Russia. That made my heart sink when I couldn't race my Suvorovic armies into the heart of Switzerland! And as for the early stage of the revolution, why can I only play as the Republic? When I play as the Kingdom of France (Louis XVI) there is no internal opposition... no revolution... and all my territories are happy as can be. They want bread, so they should be up in arms and waving the tricolor! Basically, I want to play as royalist France in the heart of turmoil, and I would love to see Russia playable. One more thing, what about Austria? All the uniforms are flat white with red trim. Artillerymen typically wore either gray or light brown uniforms. Grenzers and all all Hungarian or Slavic units within the Holy Roman Empire have a lot of blue to distinguish themselves on the field. Jaegers are also seen with darker uniforms at at the time... not white. I know that sounds like a lot, but I have to say this mod opens a new chapter otherwise lost between Empire and Napoleon, so GREAT WORK!!!

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Absolute Autocrat View Post
    Nice mod. The concept of fighting from the gritty beginning of the revolutions is a great one. However, I am a Suvorov nut, and the "Kingdom of France" takes up the campaign slot that SHOULD belong to Holy Russia. That made my heart sink when I couldn't race my Suvorovic armies into the heart of Switzerland! And as for the early stage of the revolution, why can I only play as the Republic? When I play as the Kingdom of France (Louis XVI) there is no internal opposition... no revolution... and all my territories are happy as can be. They want bread, so they should be up in arms and waving the tricolor! Basically, I want to play as royalist France in the heart of turmoil, and I would love to see Russia playable. One more thing, what about Austria? All the uniforms are flat white with red trim. Artillerymen typically wore either gray or light brown uniforms. Grenzers and all all Hungarian or Slavic units within the Holy Roman Empire have a lot of blue to distinguish themselves on the field. Jaegers are also seen with darker uniforms at at the time... not white. I know that sounds like a lot, but I have to say this mod opens a new chapter otherwise lost between Empire and Napoleon, so GREAT WORK!!!
    Certain territories should be more loyal than others though. For example, Provence (except towns like Aix) was largely royalist at this time, as was Rouen in Normandy.
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; November 29, 2010 at 07:02 PM.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

I completely agree with Geronimo on this one. The European theater should be like the Peninsular Campaign... there are certain degrees of either pro-Napoleonic or anti-Napoleonic fervor within regions. This, in turn, makes territories more diverse and either easier or harder to maintain, respectively. And to end on a lighter note, putting the Overture of 1812 (with cannonade in background).... a very classy touch M.B.

One more thing, what about Austria? All the uniforms are flat white with red trim. Artillerymen typically wore either gray or light brown uniforms. Grenzers and all all Hungarian or Slavic units within the Holy Roman Empire have a lot of blue to distinguish themselves on the field. Jaegers are also seen with darker uniforms at at the time... not white. I know that sounds like a lot, but I have to say this mod opens a new chapter otherwise lost between Empire and Napoleon, so GREAT WORK!!!
    i'm an austrian fan too, for several reasons! I haven't seen a single screenshot dedicated to the poor Imperial-Royal army so far...if needed, i have a lot of plates concerning the austrian army of the revolutionary period!!

Cheers!
    soult
    "What is difficult in training will become easy in a battle" Alexander V. Suvorov

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Soult View Post
    i'm an austrian fan too, for several reasons! I haven't seen a single screenshot dedicated to the poor Imperial-Royal army so far...if needed, i have a lot of plates concerning the austrian army of the revolutionary period!!

Cheers!
    soult

What types of screenshot are you looking for? I'd be happy to oblige. And are those plates pertaining to the old 1790- versions or the 1805 uniforms? I think the main area of reform needs to be the regimental facings and lapels. As of now, R:OW has the Austrians looking like they spawned from Jengo Fett (they are literally clones). I love how N:OW has the Kaiser Franz II Regiment, and a multitude of others with some variety.

Remember my fellow mod-lovers:

One minute can decide the outcome of the battle,
    one hour- the outcome of the campaign,
    and one day- the fate of the MOD!!!

Think about that

Here is a bit I found very useful in regard to distinguishing German from Hungarian troops within Austria. Bear in mind, the pictures apply to uniforms 7198-1806 as well as 1806-onward. Still, the colors apply, as do the cuffs and button patterns. And of course, those Hungrians sure do like their pantaloons... in my opinion it looks like they have Under Armour on but it didn't help at Austerlitz!

Here is a bit I found very useful in regard to distinguishing German from Hungarian troops within Austria. Bear in mind, the pictures apply to uniforms 7198-1806 as well as 1806-onward. Still, the colors apply, as do the cuffs and button patterns. And of course, those Hungrians sure do like their pantaloons... in my opinion it looks like they have Under Armour on but it didn't help at Austerlitz!
    i have all the plates with the 1767 uniform, the one actuually worn during the rev wars. this evenining i will post them.

cheers
    soult

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Piedmont-Liguria should not be part of France in 1789.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The victory-conditions for Royalist France do not list any regions:
    Also, why does France in the Revolutionary grand-campaign start off as an "Empire" with Napoleon as emperor?
    Furthermore, the unrest levels in Royalist France are strangely low, and the game starts in 1805. I'm also puzzled as to why Spain and France are at war when the Royalist France campaign starts, considering they were staunch allies in 1789. I have also found I am not allowed to recruit any generals as Royalist France.

On the other hand, I really like the new units, skins and models.
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; December 09, 2010 at 05:47 AM.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

As we have said many times,the campaign is no where near completion due to lack of working tools, but hopefully it will by next release! Cheers, MB

PAiMONiA's Avatar Civis
    Everywhere...Everytime, Realm of Immortals

Its still very glitchy i mean i truly do like the mod but im a very visual person as well as historical i need this mod to be visually appealing to really give it my all hopefully the team can go ahead and make actual UI cards and what not also get the campaign working properly but the idea is superb Beale as usual very good job but please fix the visual aspects please....cheers mate.

To add, what's up with Rev France starting with 1 million wealth?

Quote Originally Posted by PrussianPrince View Post
    To add, what's up with Rev France starting with 1 million wealth?
    I noticed that, and with the San Coulotte only taking what, two monetary units to recruit and no upkeep?... well there's a Soviet Union waiting to happen! All's well though when MB releases his latest version soon!

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

It was a revolution, the revolutionaries have the treasury!

Well no, that was just the left overs from modding the startpos, giving France a -load of money helps us let us do what we want on the campaign map. Just didn't change it back

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast