Thread: Change in factions

Default Change in factions

Instead of creating three new factions (France, Enland, Holy Roman Empire), I have decided to push for one faction called the Crusader Nations. All three nations will be included, but their units will not all be available. By modding buildings, the units available will depend on which of three barracks the player chooses. (These will be similar to choosing building different temples in the regular game.) If a player chooses an English Barracks, the city will have access to English Longbowmen and English Chargers. If a player chooses a French Barracks, the city will have access to French Chevaliers and Halberdiers. If a player chooses a Holy Roman Barracks, the city will have access to German Axemen and Landsknecht Pikemen. In order to give the Crusader states units like these, they will have access to a Barracks of Crusader Nations, giving them units from all of three. The Crusader Nations faction will function from 'camps' (see poll) and their cities will be listed as 'Crusader large town' or 'Crusader large city,' eliminating the mess with French cities and English towns, etc...

This way, we cover the role of each European Power, eliminate confusion with cities, save two faction slots, and still have a fun array of units for England, France, and the Holy Roman Empire. The only difference for the three powers gameplay is that they will have one banner, not three...
    The die is cast...
    Unfortunately, it turned up right for Caesar, not for me.

i answered you in a pm.

AI SUPORT ITALI IN ER STRAGGOL FOR GUD FUD

Stereotypical coward \ pasta-eating \ "family" member italian, who talks with a sexy, weird, accent and can perform a wonderful Mandolino solo, eating a pizza under the shadow of the vesuve, gesturing like a madman...Or am i?

299th modder in the bottom 300!!!
    Take that, east-saint-luis!

I'll see your pm, and raise you my pm. (poker talk) Anyway, I consider this idea important to the future of Crusader TW in addition to creating armies that appear in the Holy Land, if they are under the control of this faction. I have more ideas about this change to one Crusader Nations faction, but I'll save them for a rainy day...
    The die is cast...

it would be better to make appear a jerusalem\edessa\antioch army, so they will conquer soem territories that will be gained by "real" factions...

The Crusader Nations need to be a factions and they are a real faction. It is a force of warriors from France, England, and the Holy Roman Empire, but under the banner of Crusaders, not independant armies from England, France, and the Holy Roman Empire. It was Nikephoros' great idea and I am convinced that it has to be included. To give Antioch or Jerusalem massive armies in Europe and 'camps' outside of Constantinople would be inaccurate and awkward. Imagine, Jerusalem falls to Damascus and the Pope calls for another Crusade. He sends the Normans, Italians, and the Kingdom of Jerusalem to retake it? That would be odd...

I've compromised a lot from asking for three factions. Just one faction for three powers...
    The die is cast...

Dr Fox's Avatar Civis

well the scripting doesnt produce a random army you can choose what units are in the army so yes this crusador states would be able to recruit all thes forces depending on which barracks were produced however the armies that were sent to liberate Jerusalem would all be from one of the crusador factions
    Rock!?!?!

Maethius's Avatar Centenarius

Well thats not a bad solution. If someone wants to play as European nations they can wait for Chivalry! Thats my plan at least.
    Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime---Hemingway

"There is nothing wrong with serving in several regiments."---Nobby Nobbs

"Not if you do it during one and the same battle"---Sgt. Colon

I'm not sure you understand what I am saying, so I'll try to be as clear as possible. The most powerful countries of Europe should be represented without being Crusader states.
    We cannot do factions for each power (my mistake) because we only have twenty slots.
    We can create a faction that is general enough to allow these nations to be in the mod, but related to the time period and the Crusades.
    The factions will be named "The Crusader Nations" and it will be camped outside of Constantinople.
    It is one faction, not three, and it has armies that originally come from all over Europe, but the soldiers of this faction are 'Crusaders,' not English, French, or Holy Roman.
    The faction is a staunch ally of all Crusader States, but is not ruled by the leaders of the Crusader States.
    The 'Crusader Nations' faction is led by appointed Crusader Generals, not those of Crusader States or those appointed by the Pope.
    The faction's cities are not really cities, but rather established military camps that function the same way.
    The 'camps' are outside of Constantinople, where the 'Crusaders' await missions from the Pope.

Chivalry is in Europe. Crusader is in the Holy Land. The difference is clear, but that doesn't mean that we can ignore the countries in Chivalry because they are real countries. The Georgians did not like the lack of a Georgian faction in the mod. Georgia was important to the era and this faction is CRUCIAL to the era. Without it, Crusader isn't about making a Crusade, but rather warring nations and empire building in a different place than RTW. If this is to be a game of the Crusades, we need to take it that far, past RTW and into a new type of game.

That type is what we want. We want CRUSADER: TOTAL WAR.
    The die is cast...

and if the byzantines conquer the camps outside Costantinople?

The Crusaders will start with armies or be allied to Byzantium or something...
    I'll fix that later when we start coding every aspect of the mod.

P.S. Dragases, check your PMs. I sent something important.
    The die is cast...

hm...the diplomacy in bi has always been awkward...
    consider the historical thruth, regarding for example the second crusade.

The french army, sent to conquer edessa from the Zengid, changed its mind along the way, and the french king went to help the kingdom of Jerusalem.

In game, that will be made making the crusader armies belong to Jerusalem (most of the time), or to other states.

But for now i think we should just make the units, and then think about scripting.

European units will be there every choice we make.

Stereotypical coward \ pasta-eating \ "family" member italian, who talks with a sexy, weird, accent and can perform a wonderful Mandolino solo, eating a pizza under the shadow of the vesuve, gesturing like a madman...Or am i?

You have a point, but we aren't using BI. Could we leave one slot empty until we set up a beta? After that, we can decide if a Crusader Nations faction is necessary. But for now, let's make those units playable.

By the way, I still need units for the videos...
    The die is cast...

no problem for the slot and for the units (if everything goes as it should,you will have got mine in a few minutes).
    the spanish faction in rome is useful just for that, now

I have Nikephoros' units, but the more the better. Does anyone have any ideas about what they want done in the movies? I was going to do something similar to RTW videos.
    The die is cast...