Thread: walls

Default walls

is there a reason why towers and walls dont shoot?

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: walls

stop making so many different question topic, it's making me crazy
    and yes. only hugest walls can shoot anything as in the movie (minas tirith had catapults)
    and bardo can tell the reason canr get it out off my head at the moment
    Last edited by Hopit; November 13, 2010 at 03:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

The reason is the AI do not take wall fire into account and they lose many units walking near the wall towers.

And I agree Hopit, better if you place those little questions into same topic

stop making so many different question topic, it's making me crazy
    haha im just trying to give my input on the game. who knows i might come along a real bug that you guys missed. but ok this will be the thread that i will throw all my questions in to make it more condense.

The reason is the AI do not take wall fire into account and they lose many units walking near the wall towers.
    having towers that dont shoot kinda defeats the purpose of defending the walls when under siege. i understand that the AI is stupid when it comes to walls. i remember in RTR i would keep 2 of the weakest units i can get in every one of my border cities. so when i get sieged i sally forth and move my units just outside of the gate. they move to attack me and i just run around the city walls and let the towers destroy the entire army. i would take out massive armies with this technique(yeah i know its a exploit). but if you think logically a army attacking a city should have a difficult time taking it and should take heavy causalities against highly defensive cities like minis tirith, it makes sense. is there a way to make the AI smarter so they dont get completely owned by city walls? if not maybe give towers nerfed damage. like the towers of minis tirith shooting projectiles as strong as the small wooden towers on wooden walls, if that is possible.

wlesmana's Avatar ILIKE2MOVEITMOVEIT

Well, you kinda have to defend it otherwise the attacking armies just go over it and fight you in open combat.

No, there's no way to make the AI smart enough to know they're under fire from towers with unlimited ammo. If there was a way to limit the ammo of towers we would opted for that instead.

Well, you kinda have to defend it otherwise the attacking armies just go over it and fight you in open combat.
    actually i tend to find the town square a more defensive position simply because there are choke points. but i only go there if im enormously outnumbered and cant defend all of the wall positions that are under attack

If there was a way to limit the ammo of towers we would opted for that instead.
    and i assume you already explored that option. well its not a huge setback and as i said above i personally like to fight in the town square anyways. the game still overall is one of the best mods for rtw in my book, and its only in beta