Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Flags and Banners

Default Re: Flags and Banners

German Empire

1871–1918

How about this as swedish land banner?

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...selang=sv#file
    (Google messed it up so much so it impossible to get the code for the picture)

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Please provide us with flags appropriate for the era (1914-1918), some of the flags posted here are outdated.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Well, this is the map of involved factions on WW1.
    I think that we should add only the most important factions on each continent (Canada and USA in NA),Brazil(SA), Australia(OCE), All Europe Involved, China and India(Asia) and South Africa(Africa).If you guys want i could search the flags
    It's all just a game!

Achea's Avatar Ordinarius

As much as I would love to see Australia, Canada and the rest as their own factions, the problem is a three fold-

1) The map is restricted to Europe

2) Even if the map was expanded, adding more factions means the diplomacy would be totally screwed up before the real fighting started (Canada v US for example)

Were Ireland fighting WWI? And why is a part of Norway blacK?

BrotherSurplice's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Vs 002 View Post
    Were Ireland fighting WWI? And why is a part of Norway blacK?
    Ireland was still part of the Brtish Empire back then so yeah they were.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherSurplice View Post
    Ireland was still part of the Brtish Empire back then so yeah they were.
    Ireland was relased somewere during the 19 ceuntrry

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Ireland was released in 1921. It was part of the UK during the whole WW1, although they did rebel in 1916, on Easter.
    [Col] RO Citizen

Are you telling me that my schools histroy books are lies?

''Irland hadde länge försökt ta sig loss från Storbrittanien länge men dem lyckades inte försen någon gång under 1800-talet''

Translate:
    Ireland had tried for a long time to get indepece from Great Brittain but they didnt succed befor some during the 1800's

When we says 18 centurry in swedish we mean 1800-1900 and not like it english when it means 1700-1800
    Last edited by removeduser_23847628374234; December 05, 2010 at 01:34 PM.

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

In english 18th centry is the 1700s

Ops I wrote wrong

Nyxos's Avatar when in doubt, doubt.

Well for what its worth, internet says they got independent in 1921, but then, its internet.

And the flags needed are those of the nation that can be represented in this mod aka European nations that already exist in vanilla N:TW, so even though the Brazilian flag is pretty cool, its not needed, sorry pal.
    Patronized by Hader.

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Well for what its worth, internet says they got independent in 1921, but then, its internet.
    Ask every Irishman over here (and they're a lot), it's that year.
    [Col] RO Citizen

Audacia's Avatar Give Life Back to Music
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Vs 002 View Post
    Are you telling me that my schools histroy books are lies?

''Irland hadde länge försökt ta sig loss från Storbrittanien länge men dem lyckades inte försen någon gång under 1800-talet''

Translate:
    Ireland had tried for a long time to get indepece from Great Brittain but they didnt succed befor some during the 1800's

When we says 18 centurry in swedish we mean 1800-1900 and not like it english when it means 1700-1800
    Notice your textbook says "some". What it means is, during the 1800's, a few particular laws and reform was passed in British Parliament that benefited many people living in Ireland. Ireland, however, did not officially gain its independence until 1921. And that's a fact. If you want to argue, well, go for it, but your wrong.

Under the patronage of Inkie Pie: Text Editor for The Great War
    Roma Surrectum II

OH man, how much i need to repeat?We don't need to create FACTIONS, only TROOPS!!!
    It's all just a game!

My personal suggestions for initial non-campaign custom battle factions:
    -USA
    -Soviet Union
    -Bulgaria

And possibly:
    -Japan (Naval)
    -Brazil
    -Australia/Canada/South Africa/India (only 'maybe' because fought under the british)
    -China
    -Mexico (not actually in the war, but had a revolutionary war and zimmerman note fiasco)
    -also, perhaps the African Colonial representatives of the major factions, to portray the fighting going on in that continent at least in some way. This might be a bigger project however

The later list is not quite as likely/prioritized because 1) they are generally less important to the european war, and 2) some require new faces to be created, which is much more difficult.

I might have left someone important out, so just tell me.
    Last edited by King Sama; December 07, 2010 at 02:23 PM.
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

This is the Australian Flag just in case you decide to bring the battle flags back. And it is era accurate.

This is the only revolutionary flag Australia has just in case you have australian revolt or revolution or whatever, it was used during the eureka stockade where australians fought agaisnt the british for inderpendence.
    There is no enemy, there is no victory, Only boys who lost their lives. ANZAC pride .

Quote Originally Posted by King Sama View Post
    My personal suggestions for initial non-campaign custom battle factions:
    -USA
    -Soviet Union
    -Bulgaria

And possibly:
    -Japan (Naval)
    -Brazil
    -Australia/Canada/South Africa/India (only 'maybe' because fought under the british)
    -China
    -Mexico (not actually in the war, but had a revolutionary war and zimmerman note fiasco)
    -also, perhaps the African Colonial representatives of the major factions, to portray the fighting going on in that continent at least in some way. This might be a bigger project however

The later list is not quite as likely/prioritized because 1) they are generally less important to the european war, and 2) some require new faces to be created, which is much more difficult.

I might have left someone important out, so just tell me.
    Yep, create faces look hard, but we could pick up Mexican faces(spanish), Australian(UK), Canadian(UK), India(Turkey), Brazil(Portuguese) and Americans(UK)
    For africa like South Africa, in the mod Zulu and Khartum we already have the faces.We could ask them to give the faces.For Japan and China, this is the problem.
    It's all just a game!

There you go

Japan (Naval)

China

Last edited by Captain Jupiter; December 21, 2010 at 10:30 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast