Thread: Faction-dependent CTD: help needed!

Default Faction-dependent CTD: help needed!

This problem has been observed in the process of adapting the provincial campaign from RTW 1.2 to 1.5.

I'm able to start the campaign and play several turns with 10 of the 13 playable factions.
    However, the other three cause instant CTD when the loading bar arrives to the end after selecting the faction in the provincial campaign menu.
    Those three factions are greek_cities, germans (converted into Celtiberians) and britons (converted into Celtic Spanish tribes).

The CTD happens also when playing with another faction and a character, for example a diplomat or spy, finds a greek settlement or character.
    Some of the things I've tried:
    - to eliminate the new models/textures used for strat map, but CTD.
    - to keep all the original buildings associated with the barbarian and greek cultures, as fas as possible,

It is strange because there are some other barbarian (spain, gauls, dacia) and greek (thrace, seleucid) factions in the game, so it cannot be some culture associated problem.
    In strat map, the only different things are banners (not for greeks), and models (in some cases).

Any idea to solve this problem?
    Could it be some incompatibility between region owner, creator and culture tag?

Dr Fox's Avatar Civis

well have you found any similarities between these 3 factions
    Rock!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Fox
    well have you found any similarities between these 3 factions
    Unfortunately, no.
    The most I think on it, the less I find in common.
    This morning I've tried with italic faction, and the campaign CTD just in the moment the diplomat arrives (and sees) the greek city of Taras (Tarentum). No other character was visible at the moment.
    Thus, I will begin to look for the bug in the buildings files, but it is really difficult for me to understand.

Dr Fox's Avatar Civis

wait a moment in 1.5 those names the germans and greek_cities neway have their names changed in all files and then there faction creator changed to macedon and gauls mayb its something like that
    Rock!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Fox
    wait a moment in 1.5 those names the germans and greek_cities neway have their names changed in all files and then there faction creator changed to macedon and gauls mayb its something like that
    Yeah, I changed in lots of files, but perhaps I missed some additional place.
    I'll check this point.
    Thanks. :wink: