Thread: IDEA: Airships

Default IDEA: Airships

Hi,

I have two ideas for the team regarding airships: the first one, and the easiest to implement (i think) is the last level of the land trade route building being an airship route. In the map the airships would appear flying around.
    The second idea, which i think it would be harder, would be to give the generals an airship companion (replacing the hot air balloon) that would have the same bonuses plus a boost of the artillery's accuracy. This last one is due to the use of airships to mark targets for artillery at that time.

I would like the team to read these ideas and tell me if they like and if they could be implemented.

Best wishes for the mod,

*_doGerdna_*

Default Re: IDEA: Airships

About your second idea, replacing the hot air balloon, there would be a problem with that on the battle map: the airship would be spinning (and it would look rather silly). I believe that the team either doesn't know what's causing it, it's hard-coded, or they would need a whole new animation just to stop the airship spinning.
    New website for AtC (Advance to Combat, formerly known as Nations at War) Check it out here! We average 155 unique hits a day! AtC is a mod for Empire Total War focusing on implementing modern-day units into custom battles.

I am andand! Woo!

Is it possible to slow the spin right down, so it is almost un-noticable?
    Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

I do know it's possible to add new animations to new objects implemented ingame.
    Kungfuserge did it with his new Alamo fortress.
    I can imagine it's quite hard to do and it will take a long time.

OK, thank you for your feedback on this. Maybe the trade route is still possible, because the animation would be the same. They would only have to change the height at which the object moves.