Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Units to merge or delete

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Default Re: Units to merge or delete

They can be recruited.
    2 attack is quite a bit of difference, it's an about 20% increase in power. They also have higher morale.

Tears of Destiny's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Overlord.ru View Post
    And it's an OMG difference! +2 to attack! l0lw00t imba unit...
    Seriously, playing HRE or France you can't recruit them anyway, only the standard version which ALL ne factions can recruit. So, what's the point?
    No offence
    Something is wrong with your game, and a two higher attack I will take every day my good sir as it butchers enemy knights one on one. Completely.

Those two knights are recruitable, IF your castle is high enough. In my campaign, at least. Have you installed the Fixes or compilation?

Overlord.ru's Avatar Centenarius
    Russian Federation, Moscow Region, Town of Electrostal

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    Yup, those feudal knights have quite different stats.
    Several factions can recruit mailed foot knights, or as they're known in the EDU, Dismounted Mailed Knights.
    Are you sure? Which campaign and which factions are those? I've never seen them in the campaigns, both late and early.
    As for the feudal knights - it's the same thing here. I might be wrong of course, but I swear HRE and France can only recruit the standard versions of them while playing the campaign...
    Anyway, I may be wrong...Look at my previous post pls, I've added a slight Edit

Quote Originally Posted by Tears of Destiny View Post
    Something is wrong with your game, and a two higher attack I will take every day my good sir as it butchers enemy knights one on one. Completely.

Those two knights are recruitable, IF your castle is high enough. In my campaign, at least. Have you installed the Fixes or compilation?
    Okay, I'll check that to be completely sure.

Code:
            recruit_pool "French Feudal Knights"  1   0.15   1  0  requires factions { france, } and event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter FULL_PLATE_ARMOR 1
            recruit_pool "German Feudal Knights"  1   0.1   1  0  requires factions { hre, } and event_counter HEAVY_MAIL_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter FULL_PLATE_ARMOR 1

Now I'm completely confused...
    Started a Late Campaign as France - yep, French Feudal Knights are available.
    Attachment 122686
    BUT
    Then I started HRE Late Campaign - and look here...standard Feudal knights(not GERMAN feudal knights)
    Attachment 122687
    Attachment 122688
    Attachment 122689
    Using your 4.1 MSC.
    Okay, if those two are available in the campaign, then I would suggest removing the standard versions from the custom battle rosters to avoid spam.
    Please, look at the post №57, at the Edit :p

Yes, the two Factions recruit Feudal Knights, but with different stats.

Overlord: the same thing happens with other factions, and there are 3 level of Feudal Knights.

Scotland, Germany, and Danemark all recruit Feudal Knights with a mele attack of 4.

England and other Western factions have Feudal knights with an attack of 7.

And France recruits Knights with even better stats than everyone else, mele attack of 9.

Makes for a huge difference in the game. Different factions will also keep them for longer periods of time, for example Scotland, and Norway keep Feudal knights longer as they do not get the better units to replace them.

RR is awesome!

“Never forget who you are, for surely the world won’t. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, & it will never be used to hurt you.” – Tyrion Lannister

"The North remembers" Wyman The Godfather Manderly

Yep, you're right. BUT there are no English or Danish or Polish feudal knights, they are ALL named feudal knights. Except for France and HRE. There are french feudal and german feudal knights. If you go to custom battles - all periods - you'll notice, that HRE and France have those two types along with the standard versions. Now that I checked that you can recruit French feudal knights in the campaign, you can't do that as HRE, i.e. can't recruit German feudal knights, only the standard ones, though HRE has it's own unique feudal knights as you can read above. That's the point.

You can recruit German Feudal Knights, there's just something wrong with your game.
    The reason they have separate versions AFAIK, is that they deviated a lot from the norm at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    You can recruit German Feudal Knights, there's just something wrong with your game.
    The reason they have separate versions AFAIK, is that they deviated a lot from the norm at the time.
    I wonder what that could be, the fact that France can recruit it's version and HRE can't adds even more confusion...I'm using your latest 4.1 MSC compilation...
    I'm not against them having their own knights. May be just remove the standard version from their rosters then?

As far as I can see, HRE and France aren't able to recruit regular feudal knights.
    Anyway, I've found the reason why you're not seeing the German Feudal Knights: their name is displayed as Feudal Knights in-game.
    Code:
    {German_Feudal_Knights}Feudal Knights

Ahh ok, I feel relieved, thx!

Go to Custom Battles menu, set Period frame to ALL and you'll find that the regular version is available for them.

Could I ask you to make the german knights have the appropriate name for the future releases please ?
    Also, a quick question - have you merged the archer militia with the peasant archers already, or you just planning to do that? Because I can recruit them both now playing England late campaign.
    Btw, a good idea is to remove the sergeant spearmen (English roster) and make only Norman sergeants stay, or at least remove the Norman sergeants from the English starting settlements, since you won't able to recruit\retrain them anyway in the Late Campaign.
    Thanks for spending your time on me, and sorry for the annoying

Okay, the last thing I've noticed. It's not that important, but it's pretty odd.
    I've done a small research and found out, that in campaign All feudal knights have +1 to Attack then those whom you can pick in the Custom Battle o_O (doesn't depend on the period) I've added the second screens so that you could see, that they're unexperienced, I just right clicked on them in the recruitment window and still the issue occured.
    Spain
    Attachment 122708
    Attachment 122709
    England
    Attachment 122710
    Attachment 122711
    France
    Attachment 122712
    Attachment 122713
    HRE
    Attachment 122714
    Attachment 122715
    + HRE got the weakest knights atm, but that's due to that naming thingy.

Just go to Custom Battle, select High or All period frame and compare. you'll notice that they have 7, 7, 9, 4 Attack accordingly.

Delete the heavy archers in the turkish pool. They already have ottoman infantry, which could get another armor upgrade and a range value of 5 instead of 4 - higher cost.
    Together with jani archers and the local turkish archers, there should be enough archers.
    Life is a joke, and one day you gonna laugh yourself to death about it.

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Moritol View Post
    Delete the heavy archers in the turkish pool. They already have ottoman infantry, which could get another armor upgrade and a range value of 5 instead of 4 - higher cost.
    Together with jani archers and the local turkish archers, there should be enough archers.
    I totally agree.

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Moritol View Post
    deleting it from just one faction's pool doens't do anything to the EDU. though yes I did remove them from my submod for the Turks
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlord.ru View Post
    + HRE got the weakest knights atm, but that's due to that naming thingy.

Just go to Custom Battle, select High or All period frame and compare. you'll notice that they have 7, 7, 9, 4 Attack accordingly.
    that attack value is the lance's attack value not the swords IIRC, i'll post the stats later on but right now IIRC the difference between the 3 is...

A. Normal version = elite + impetuous (+1 attack -1 defense)

B. French version = exceptional + reckless (+2 attack -2 defense)

C. German version = superior + not impetuous.

I'm not sure why it's not at least elite, but the superior designation in RC causes it to lose 1 attack and 1 defense against the normal version on top of 1 more attack for the impetuous, so they end up with the same defense but the normal verions should have 2 more attack. (this is all talking about the secondary attack. )
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Since you have it in the "maybe" category, I'd like to make another push for merging all ship types. No real reason to have as many as the game has now.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

As well as welsh spearmen.
    I'd disagree here - welsh spearmen were recruited as such by english, same as welsh longbowmen.
    scrap the gwent raiders though.
    knights of st lazarus - doubt they were much of a recruitable unit.

peasant archers merged and upgraded to archer militia - need to be better units as the AI seems reluctant to recruit them.
    remove all the guff about hunting bows - as if.
    AI doesn't bother with peasant infantry at all.

I'd leave ships - different ships from different naval traditions make the game more interesting.
    there's a whole load of ships we don't use from horse transports to ballingers.

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

in terms of merging ships, a better idea is simply to remove all the mercenary ships , since you can designate different prices in the descr _ merc files anyway. just designate higher prices for the same unit
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....