Page 8 of 208 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358108 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Hall of Powys.

Default Re: The Halls of Powys.

Quote Originally Posted by ╠•Narf•╣ View Post
    Benedikte smiled she had never gotten used to useing servants to common things as bearing ones food if she had her hands free
    "Red Deer is what we are going to hunt. And don't mention it. Its to myself aswell its so boreing to be eating alone."
    Benedikte started to pour some cider up in two glasses.
    A majestic prey indeed.

Robert smiled at her and accepted a glass. He did not usually drink so early but the cider was light and un-encumbering. He sat next to her and began smearing the various conserves onto the bread.

Have you been hunting in these lands since you arrived?
    Creative Writing: (Currently on hold)
    The Domini Sepulchre
    The Sword and Quill

Praepositus
    Citizen

On a dark and stormy night a lone rider appears upon the tracks outside the halls. Halting halfway to the gates the figure plants his flagpole in the ground, the dark flag taking up the winds and displaying it's colours. The baroness had not seen these colors before, as they were the newly designed Knightsbridge colors. A few seconds later two birds swoop down and land upon the riders arms, each identified as a crow and an eagle. This display had the guards watching, and without looking back the rider canters away, leaving the Knightsbridge flag behind as a warning...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several days later Alistair Harding arrives at the castle, passing the flagpole and quickly galloping towards the gates, not trusting these parts of the land. He had heard the stories. He arrives at the gatehouse where he waits for a guard to address him.

Narf's Avatar Reach for the Stars.
    Content Staff Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Gainsey View Post
    A majestic prey indeed.

Robert smiled at her and accepted a glass. He did not usually drink so early but the cider was light and un-encumbering. He sat next to her and began smearing the various conserves onto the bread.

Have you been hunting in these lands since you arrived?
    Benedikte started to prepare her food aswell and drank her glass of cider before replying.. With a smirk
    I follow some old traditions.. I have hunted three times this hunting(October). And this is my last hunt this year.
    She took a bit from her bread... Chewed it and swallowed..
    "I'm really looking forward to it."

Benedikte started to prepare her food aswell and drank her glass of cider before replying.. With a smirk
    I follow some old traditions.. I have hunted three times this hunting(October). And this is my last hunt this year.
    She took a bit from her bread... Chewed it and swallowed..
    "I'm really looking forward to it."
    Robert smiled as he saw a chance to learn more about the Lady.

Do you indeed? And what old traditions would these be?

Perhaps she would inadvertently reveal where she was from by stating the traditions that she followed.
    The Domini Sepulchre
    The Sword and Quill

Content Staff Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Duca Ultimo View Post
    On a dark and stormy night a lone rider appears upon the tracks outside the halls. Halting halfway to the gates the figure plants his flagpole in the ground, the dark flag taking up the winds and displaying it's colours. The baroness had not seen these colors before, as they were the newly designed Knightsbridge colors. A few seconds later two birds swoop down and land upon the riders arms, each identified as a crow and an eagle. This display had the guards watching, and without looking back the rider canters away, leaving the Knightsbridge flag behind as a warning...
    Benedikte saw this flag the next morning but diden't order it away.. She did however send some orders out to certain people. The orders was to find knightbridge..
    Quote Originally Posted by Duca Ultimo View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several days later Alistair Harding arrives at the castle, passing the flagpole and quickly galloping towards the gates, not trusting these parts of the land. He had heard the stories. He arrives at the gatehouse where he waits for a guard to address him.
    As he approached hes destination he saw the Giant hall on the horizon.. And when he drew closer to it he began to be able to see the details.. It was decorated in a most strange but elegant way.. There were no lazy spots.. it was fully covered with signs, symbols, dragons, runes ect ect... The architecture was unique.
    And what looked to be doors became gates as he drew closer.. Big wooden decorated gates..
    Alistair found himself infront of the administrative center of Powys. The great wooden structure known as The Hall Of Powys. The grand gate entrance was infront of him reaching a impressive height. As the man had travelled thrue this part of the realm hed noticed its happy population and seemingly flourising settlements along the way. This grand building was a monument and symbol to that. When he asked entrance to the building the two guard opend the heavely decorated gates and let the man inside.
    When the doors opend the bright flicker from liveing lights shone out to greet him together with a pleasent warmth that promished comforth.. When inside and the two doors got closed behind him the fragrance of rensin, fresh air and food welcomed him as long missed. family.
    A servant got up from a bed at a small fireplace, good 40 feet away from the entrance and asked how she could be of service.

Last edited by Narf; April 12, 2011 at 03:17 PM.

Content Staff Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Carl von Döbeln View Post
    Philip laughed warmly

Perhaps...but the tales are very much true. Be proud of thyself my good lady, for you have earned it.

Benedikte smiled and sipped to her drink..
    "Thank you.. Tho i don't know why.."

Content Staff Citizen

Default Re: The Great Hall of Powys.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Flasheart View Post
    Those songs are how these people keep their lore, they rarely write it down so if one wishes to learn one has to seek the bards.

I have desired to see these lands since i was a small child i learned my family originated here in this land, and my most famous relative was a King and freedom fighter no less.
    Benedikte thought for herself..
    "They are not the only ones to record their history in tales.. They are very interesting to listen too.. So.. I'll make you an offer.. I'll have a room prepared for you and a horse made ready. If you already have one it can rest while your here.. i imagen the jurney wouldn have been easy on it.. Now you can travel the land and sleep here when you wish.. I'd like to hear the stories of the adventures you encounter in your jurney..Now you can start with telling me the story of yourself as it is now and the one of your heroic forefather."

Carl von Döbeln's Avatar Crossing the Rubicon

The forging of a viking sword is not an easy task. In order to forge a strong blade Philip had to create a composite material. He started by bundling together selected bars of different types of iron in a specific order. He used soft, low-carbon iron for flexibility, and hard, high-carbon iron for strength and edge-holding ability. He then heated this bundle, welding it together into a layered bar. Then the bar was drawn out to length and twisted. Multiple twisted bars were then welded together and was then after many weeks of hard work finally shaped into a blade...
    Last edited by Carl von Döbeln; November 16, 2010 at 09:33 AM.

Hector Barbossa's Avatar Avast Ye Lubbers

Benedikte thought for herself..
    "They are not the only ones to record their history in tales.. They are very interesting to listen too.. So.. I'll make you an offer.. I'll have a room prepared for you and a horse made ready. If you already have one it can rest while your here.. i imagen the jurney wouldn have been easy on it.. Now you can travel the land and sleep here when you wish.. I'd like to hear the stories of the adventures you encounter in your jurney..Now you can start with telling me the story of yourself as it is now and the one of your heroic forefather."
    Armand stood and bowed low then smiled at the lady.

Thy Kindness is overwhelming and i am so truly grateful to thee, perhaps then i should tell thee my tale and also reveal a slight deception in my name but it tis of no consequence i assure thee.

Armand sat back on his seat and began to speak.

I was born on the Island of Sicily to kindly parents, they were refugees given shelter there by the Corleone family.Hoenstaufen is my true surname i was advised to use Davis in England,as my Surname is treated still with horror in certain places in England even though my family has not set foot here for centuries.

My parents were creative they collected stories and music from all around the world, our home was always filled with people of that persuasion and i was encouraged by my parents to be a Scholar.In my youth i was diligent i studied much and was the pride of both of them, then when i was fifteen they were both struck down with an illness that was running like a wildfire throughout the Mediterranean and both died.

Over night i became a bitter and angry young man, i cursed God for his taking them from me and i fell into a cycle of drinking and tavern brawls.I was saved by the Corleones they made me part of the family and trusted me enough to run the business affairs of which they had many.I was useful i was renowned for never taking no for an answer and all loans made by the family to the various merchants were always collected and repaid on time.

Was six years ago that i met Bertram Davis in France he invited me to England was he who told me to say i was a cousin and to use the name of Davis, he was kind and told me to turn from the path i was on, he gave me a book to read by my great great great great Grandfather Rafael Hoenstaufen.Tis called "In the Service of Mankind" and tells us how we are all individuals and we should follow our own paths not listen to priests and Kings but to be ourselves.

A subversive book perhaps but one that has inspired me greatly now.

Content Staff Citizen

Robert smiled as he saw a chance to learn more about the Lady.

Do you indeed? And what old traditions would these be?

Perhaps she would inadvertently reveal where she was from by stating the traditions that she followed.
    Benedikte thought for a moment... The answer had to be good..
    "Just.. Some that ive read and felt was proper.. A certain connection"
    Benedikte talked as it diden't really matter.. And took a bite from her bread to fill her mouth with something.

Robert didn't really want to pry if it made the woman uncomfortable but his curiosity was getting the better of him.

Are they traditions from these lands or another?

He too continued eating, it was nice to have some civilised company during meals. It made a change from the raucous food hall of the Order.
    The Domini Sepulchre
    The Sword and Quill

KoS's Avatar Dux Limitis

Benedikte looked up from her work blinking a couple of times before her violet eyes got used to the brighter light that shone from the fireplace behind him. She motioned and order with her hands to the servant and took of her red cloak before standing up and walking closer to the man. Benediktes red hair and pale skin came in contrast as she came closer to the fireplace. When she was exactly two meters from the man she curtsied before him and looked him in the eyes when she stood up...
    She looked at him for a while to see what kind of man he was and smiled after some time.
    "Welcome to my halls Edmund af York. Come and sit down"
    She motioned towrds a unused table close by.
    "I imagen the jurney here have been long and tiresome.. there will be something that you can streangthen yourself with in a moment. Then when you are wellfed and your thirst quenched i'd like to hear why you have taken your time to come visit me here.."

Edmund nodded and took a seat at the table.

I wanted to see how this hall was holding up ever since I left it... and to congratulate the newest member of England's nobility for her rapid ascension.
    R.I.P. God Save The King (2008-2013)

Content Staff Citizen

Robert didn't really want to pry if it made the woman uncomfortable but his curiosity was getting the better of him.

Are they traditions from these lands or another?

He too continued eating, it was nice to have some civilised company during meals. It made a change from the raucous food hall of the Order.
    Benedikte thought againe.. she wasen't the type to lie unless it was strightly necessary..
    "I think they were common here once some places.. But Also in other parts of the world.. I'm just bringing them back from the dust.."
    Benedikte Continued to eat.

Content Staff Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by KoS View Post
    Edmund nodded and took a seat at the table.

I wanted to see how this hall was holding up ever since I left it... and to congratulate the newest member of England's nobility for her rapid ascension.

Benedikte sat down aswell..So.. he have owned this..
    "Well.. Thank you very much, i hope that you arent finding the changes here untastefull... It is just what i find.. Comforthable."
    A Servant came in with some Red Deer, pork, potatoes, salat, ham and something for them to drink...
    "And after liveing here being noble i still don't feel much as one eyet.. But i think i'll get used to it."

Benedikte thought againe.. she wasen't the type to lie unless it was strightly necessary..
    "I think they were common here once some places.. But Also in other parts of the world.. I'm just bringing them back from the dust.."
    Benedikte Continued to eat.
    Robert gave up, if she did not want to talk then that was her right for now.

Hmm

After he had finished eating, Robert stood and finished dressing.
    The Domini Sepulchre
    The Sword and Quill

Content Staff Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Flasheart View Post
    Armand stood and bowed low then smiled at the lady.

Thy Kindness is overwhelming and i am so truly grateful to thee, perhaps then i should tell thee my tale and also reveal a slight deception in my name but it tis of no consequence i assure thee.

Armand sat back on his seat and began to speak.

I was born on the Island of Sicily to kindly parents, they were refugees given shelter there by the Corleone family.Hoenstaufen is my true surname i was advised to use Davis in England,as my Surname is treated still with horror in certain places in England even though my family has not set foot here for centuries.

My parents were creative they collected stories and music from all around the world, our home was always filled with people of that persuasion and i was encouraged by my parents to be a Scholar.In my youth i was diligent i studied much and was the pride of both of them, then when i was fifteen they were both struck down with an illness that was running like a wildfire throughout the Mediterranean and both died.

Over night i became a bitter and angry young man, i cursed God for his taking them from me and i fell into a cycle of drinking and tavern brawls.I was saved by the Corleones they made me part of the family and trusted me enough to run the business affairs of which they had many.I was useful i was renowned for never taking no for an answer and all loans made by the family to the various merchants were always collected and repaid on time.

Was six years ago that i met Bertram Davis in France he invited me to England was he who told me to say i was a cousin and to use the name of Davis, he was kind and told me to turn from the path i was on, he gave me a book to read by my great great great great Grandfather Rafael Hoenstaufen.Tis called "In the Service of Mankind" and tells us how we are all individuals and we should follow our own paths not listen to priests and Kings but to be ourselves.

A subversive book perhaps but one that has inspired me greatly now.
    Benedikte thought for a moment..
    "I hear you describeing a man that have had a hard start to hes life but have come out to be more than capable in many aspects.
    I i appriviate your kind words, remember to just enjoy your stay thats all i ask in return... Beside your stories ofcourse.."

Benedikte Smiled..
    "I might sound.. uneducated but i don't know the Hoenstaufen.. And no matter what you family have consisted of in the past.. It seem that with you the greatest history of your family is eyet to come.. I would like to read this book.. It sounds like.. Something i'd like.. I too would like to be inspired."
    Benedikte started to eat from the
    plate with some slices of meat, salat and potatoes.

Content Staff Citizen

Robert gave up, if she did not want to talk then that was her right for now.

Hmm

After he had finished eating, Robert stood and finished dressing.
    Benedikte watched him while she finished her meal..
    "So.. Equipment have been made ready to us and stands outside the grand gates.. "
    She smiled..
    "A servant will take this away.."

Benedikte watched him while she finished her meal..
    "So.. Equipment have been made ready to us and stands outside the grand gates.. "
    She smiled..
    "A servant will take this away.."

He offered the crook of his arm for her.

I am ready when you are, milady.
    The Domini Sepulchre
    The Sword and Quill

Content Staff Citizen

He offered the crook of his arm for her.

I am ready when you are, milady.
    Benedikte took the arm and walked with him outside where their equipment were.. Strangely enough she had brought a mug of mead with her. She carefully placed it on the ground as she looked at the equipment readied for them..
    "Now.. do you want to do it to horse.. Or with wit?"

Robert thought for a while. He could stalk afoot quite well but a horse allowed for a chase.

I am happy either way, how is your aim?
    The Domini Sepulchre
    The Sword and Quill