Thread: Battle Maps Landscape changes??

Default Battle Maps Landscape changes??

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38777

Hi Guys,

just wanted to ask whether the battemaps have been made less STEPPE like in the new mod. Afterall Cavalry are pretty much always usefull anywhere in RTW and BI

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

Artifex

Good question, we have a ton of new custom battle locations, I guess you guys will have to test them out and let us know.
    Ignoranti, quem portum petat, nullus suus ventus est. - Seneca

I am mainly talking about in the campaign map. So that as the general you can use the terrain rather than being put on what is basically a rectangular flat area with one gradual gradient.
    Especially in places like Western Europe where operating cavalry would have presented unique problems. i.e. you cannot move them very well into uneven ground and some ground would be impassable or marshland slowing cavalry and heavy armour down. Skirmishers would be at a distinct advantage here.
    Thus the general must really survey the ground before contemplating a conventional battle their.

At the moment in BI and RTW you can just battle anywhere and not have a problem.

Same goes for castles which are never protected by the map terrain.

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..