Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to counter indian warfare as the greeks?

Default Re: How to counter indian warfare as the greeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Cocroach the great View Post
    He didn't conquer too much of it.

He was not Persian

He only sacked a couple of northern kingdoms.
    korush conquered much of it IF he wasn't killed by the sakas he would have conquered all of it.

mohammad ghaznavi was a king of Iran but he wasn't a native persian.be an Iranian doesn't mean that your a persian.

nader kicked the indians ass , when he kicked the afghans out of our land some of them escaped to india nader asked the indian rulers to send the aghans back to him but the indians didn't so he attacked the indians :
    "Invasion of India
    In 1738, Nader Shah conquered Kandahar, the last outpost of the Hotaki dynasty. His thoughts now turned to the Mughul Empire of India. This once powerful Muslim state was falling apart as the nobles became increasingly disobedient and the Hindu Marathas made inroads on its territory from the south-west. Its ruler Muhammad Shah was powerless to reverse this disintegration. Nader used the pretext of his Afghan enemies taking refuge in India to cross the border and capture Ghazni, Kabul, Peshawar, Sindh and Lahore. He then advanced deeper into India crossing the river Indus before the end of year.

Afsharid forces negotiate with a Mughal Nawab.

He defeated the Mughal army at the huge Battle of Karnal in February, 1739. After this victory, Nader captured Mohammad Shah and entered with him into Delhi.[10] When a rumour broke out that Nader had been assassinated, some of the Indians attacked and killed Persian troops. Nader reacted by ordering his soldiers to plunder the city. During the course of one day (March 22) 20,000 to 30,000 Indians were killed by the Persian troops, forcing Mohammad Shah to beg for mercy.[24]
    In response, Nader Shah agreed to withdraw, but Mohammad Shah paid the consequence in handing over the keys of his royal treasury, and losing even the Peacock Throne to the Persian emperor. The Peacock Throne thereafter served as a symbol of Persian imperial might. Among a trove of other fabulous jewels, Nader also gained the Koh-i-Noor and Darya-ye Noor diamonds (Koh-i-Noor means "Mountain of Light" in Persian, Darya-ye Noor means "Sea of Light"). The Persian troops left Delhi at the beginning of May 1739. Nader's soldiers also took with them thousands of elephants, horses and camels, loaded with the booty they had collected. The plunder seized from India was so rich that Nader stopped taxation in Iran for a period of three years following his return.[25]"
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=484498
    my AAR, please check it out

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

korush conquered much of it
    What? No! Have you seen how big the Indian peninsula is? He conquered not even 15% of it!

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Quote Originally Posted by the persian Immortal View Post
    korush conquered much of it IF he wasn't killed by the sakas he would have conquered all of it.

mohammad ghaznavi was a king of Iran but he wasn't a native persian.be an Iranian doesn't mean that your a persian.

nader kicked the indians ass , when he kicked the afghans out of our land some of them escaped to india nader asked the indian rulers to send the aghans back to him but the indians didn't so he attacked the indians :
    "Invasion of India
    In 1738, Nader Shah conquered Kandahar, the last outpost of the Hotaki dynasty. His thoughts now turned to the Mughul Empire of India. This once powerful Muslim state was falling apart as the nobles became increasingly disobedient and the Hindu Marathas made inroads on its territory from the south-west. Its ruler Muhammad Shah was powerless to reverse this disintegration. Nader used the pretext of his Afghan enemies taking refuge in India to cross the border and capture Ghazni, Kabul, Peshawar, Sindh and Lahore. He then advanced deeper into India crossing the river Indus before the end of year.

Afsharid forces negotiate with a Mughal Nawab.

He defeated the Mughal army at the huge Battle of Karnal in February, 1739. After this victory, Nader captured Mohammad Shah and entered with him into Delhi.[10] When a rumour broke out that Nader had been assassinated, some of the Indians attacked and killed Persian troops. Nader reacted by ordering his soldiers to plunder the city. During the course of one day (March 22) 20,000 to 30,000 Indians were killed by the Persian troops, forcing Mohammad Shah to beg for mercy.[24]
    In response, Nader Shah agreed to withdraw, but Mohammad Shah paid the consequence in handing over the keys of his royal treasury, and losing even the Peacock Throne to the Persian emperor. The Peacock Throne thereafter served as a symbol of Persian imperial might. Among a trove of other fabulous jewels, Nader also gained the Koh-i-Noor and Darya-ye Noor diamonds (Koh-i-Noor means "Mountain of Light" in Persian, Darya-ye Noor means "Sea of Light"). The Persian troops left Delhi at the beginning of May 1739. Nader's soldiers also took with them thousands of elephants, horses and camels, loaded with the booty they had collected. The plunder seized from India was so rich that Nader stopped taxation in Iran for a period of three years following his return.[25]"
    Delhi is in the north-western part of India...

Where do I find info about the Indian faction, its units and pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze View Post
    What? No! Have you seen how big the Indian peninsula is? He conquered not even 15% of it!
    I was trying to say that he conquered many citys but according to indias huge borders yeah he conquered nearly 15% of it
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis

Delhi is in the north-western part of India...
    so what ?
    BOM to Kakabis

I was trying to say that he conquered many citys but according to indias huge borders yeah he conquered nearly 15% of it
    Many cities when looking at the rest of the world, but few when looking at India, which was the most densely populated region, iirc.

It still is

Quote Originally Posted by Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze View Post
    Many cities when looking at the rest of the world, but few when looking at India, which was the most densely populated region, iirc.

It still is
    that what I'm trying to say according to the rest of the world cyrus concuered many citys but india was truely big .

BTW: persian empire had 70% of the world popolation at that time I think.
    BOM to Kakabis

so what ?
    I said he sacked a couple of North western cities.

I said he sacked a couple of North western cities.
    dehli was indias capital not just a city, when you are at war with an empire the most important goal is to take their capital and kill their leader right ?
    that's what nader did he even brougt tresuers from india.
    BOM to Kakabis

dehli was indias capital not just a city, when you are at war with an empire the most important goal is to take their capital and kill their leader right ?
    that's what nader did he even brougt tresuers from india.
    India was not a unified state. And Delhi is here.

India was not a unified state. And Delhi is here.
    it was unified in the time of nader.
    BTW i really don't see the reason y you are argueing about this the topic was that indians are unrealisticly strong and expandable in v2.

wait a minut are you an indian?
    BOM to Kakabis

it was unified in the time of nader.
    The whole of India was first united by the British empire. [/discussion]

The whole of India was first united by the British empire. [/discussion]
    still prooves my oint so india shouldn't be so har to conquer and absosutly not that expandable.
    BOM to Kakabis

still prooves my oint so india shouldn't be so har to conquer and absosutly not that expandable.
    Proves nothing, especially not something 2000 years earlier.

Assuming that Redcoats fought almost the same opponent as the Persians did (not true at all, but to an extent kind of), do you think that's a fair comparison?

edit: Coming to think of it, the Brits didn't field Redcoats in India by the time they united it. Had already replaced it with Khaki there because red is just screaming "shoot me", especially in jungle/forests.
    Last edited by Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze; May 15, 2011 at 09:58 AM.

Proves nothing, especially not something 2000 years earlier.
    prooves that they weren't unified so shouldn't be so strong at all
    Assuming that Redcoats fought almost the same opponent as the Persians did (not true at all, but to an extent kind of), do you think that's a fair comparison?

edit: Coming to think of it, the Brits didn't field Redcoats in India by the time they united it. Had already replaced it with Khaki there because red is just screaming "shoot me", especially in jungle/forests
    I didn't get a word of this a little more explanation ???
    BULL!!!!!
    Last edited by the persian Immortal; May 15, 2011 at 10:34 AM.
    BOM to Kakabis

Clagius's Avatar Campidoctor

I conquered 50% of India yesterday as Persia. I just attacked from north and south, with elite units.

I had 2 General in south and 3 captain in north. Due to South is MUCH harder to start conquering them, I had to buy some Indian mercenaries as well. Not so hard, used Babylonian horse archers to get rid of ugly elephants.
    Last edited by Clagius; July 04, 2011 at 02:48 PM.

what can I say? good job
    BOM to Kakabis

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonian View Post
    I conquered 50% of India yesterday as Persia. I just attacked from north and south, with elite units.

I had 2 General in south and 3 captain in north. Due to South is MUCH harder to start conquering them, I had to buy some Indian mercenaries as well. Not so hard, used Babylonian horse archers to get rid of ugly elephants.
    Well, Achaemenid military was far more versatile than the Greek way of war, to say the least.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast