Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to counter indian warfare as the greeks?

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Default Re: How to counter indian warfare as the greeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Bull3pr00f View Post
    You, my friend, need to learn the usefullness of...

HIDE BEHIND SPARABARA AND PEPPER THEM WITH ARROWS!

Seriously, enemies have "shaken" status when they reach my front line most of the time
    You, my friend, have to learn the usefulness (BTW, usefulness's spelt with 1 "L"(No offence(?))) of sarcasm.

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

Rub your eyes again, there's only 1 "L"
    I thought I used a lot of brackets, but you just closed 3 of them in a row

Cheating is bad, you know...

And I know how to use persia. But sometimes I feel like spamming an suffocating some greeks.

In my mini mod, I worked on the Greeks, and now they aren't so much the steam rollers they were.

I think there are two major factors in which the greeks should be tuned down:

All regular hoplites should be vulnerable to missiles (when bypassing the shield, ofcourse);

The dorikoi/ionikoi hoplitai should be less disciplined, and far weaker. In an extended melee (the initial formations broken) sparabara would be able to beat them too. I mean, seriously, I once tested gold/gold/3 chevron sparabara against unupgraded dorikoi hoplitai. Barely won.

Every time I've fought against India they mass-spam elephants like crazy. I do the auto-resolve when I have a full stack of professional veteran troops as Persia or Babylon, against half a stack or less of Indian guards, and just because they have two or three units of elephants, I have a clear defeat and lose everything. Javelin elephants with 300 upkeep is ridiculous, it should be 500 or 600. Not to mention two types of chariots, javelin horsemen, decent archers, and an Indian version of the Anusiya. And elephant archers.

Yet every time when I fight in the actual battle instead of auto-resolve, the elephants get smashed before they even reach my men. It's absurd how over-powered India is. I've seen full stacks where India has 12-15 units of sheer elephants, and my professional armies that would rape all other factions get steamrolled like little toys. And India has no enemies to the east, while every other faction except Kush has more than one front. It's pure BS, and as much as I hate cheating, I've had no choice but to do auto_win to counter this ridiculous, over-powered, under-priced elephant-spam.

Even Ionia diversifies its armies better than India. Though Ionia should be nerfed too, Lydia gets pummeled way too easily. And where's the Labras unit infantry?

Remember that this mod is from the period when it wasn't really known yet what affected AI recruitment. I'll definitely have a look into that
    Btw, the Greek factions have already been nerfed in RoPIII

Oh yes, how they have been nerfed

you the rise of persia is the best mod for rome total war I just can't wait to play it can you gays give me a download link .

when does the v3 becomes availeble to play ?

and If I want to download the v3 when I already have the last version should download the v3 full instaler or should I onley install the v3 patch?

and IF any of you gays can tell me how should I exactly instal the mod .

thanks and bye til then
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=484498
    my AAR, please check it out

gays
    I think you mean "guys". Gay means either "happy" (sort of) or "homosexual". I've got nothing against homosexuals, but being labelled as one is a bit...strange
    The DL link still doesn't work? I'm going to ask around for someone with a proper internet connection to reupload it asap, then.
    RoPIII is done when it's done. This is a kinda annoying answer, but I just can't give you a release date because I don't know one

Wil v3 be released in 2011 or in 2012?

*Most likely* 2011, If I hurry up now
    You see, it's hardly more work than say, making a ChivTW submod

Quote Originally Posted by ImperialAndre View Post
    I thougth i would start a discussion about 2 factions that are very diffrent from eachother so how about Sparta vs the indians.

now both strategies and tactics are diffrent the hoplite based warfare is more head on while the indians avoid combat and cause caulties from afar untill eventually sending in their elefants.

so how do you use the hoplites when they cant catch the mobile missle troops and the same goes for the cavalry.

how do you protect your hoplites from the elefants and the javeliners from the archers?
    the archers move in first and the chariots shoots at your cav.

Lets say both players use combined arms approach and never isolates a unit.

No red corner camping or other cheap tricks just a good figth what are the goals for each faction.

the Indians divide the greeks and for the greeks mass concentrated melee who would win discuss away!
    india will 100% win , u wanna know y because of their overpowerd elephants .

the reason that elephants are so strong in ROP is clear.

sassanid elephants in unmoded BI : attack = 5 ,defense = 5, charge bonus = 7.

indian elephant in ROP : attack = +11 defense = +19.

see thats y the elephants are so unfairly strong in ROP.

yes the greeks are overpowered but when you reach them with the army of the king of king they don't stand a chanse .
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis

Elephants were strong irl.

There's a reason India was never conquered (except by some Saka tribes. But they didn't even get to the "core" of India, where most kingdoms would be able to have forces of several hundreds, if not thousands of elephants).

Greeks will be less OP in RoPIII, and elephants will only be recruitable in India (and they'll cost a lot).

Ive made a good proverb about Elephants

"Elephants in warfare are like mistresses in politics, potent, but very unstable"

Im not sure (i dont play as india a whole lot) but i think you can recruit Javelin men in india and they will slaughter the elephants....

i recommed using a romanized checkerboard formation with your cavalry hidden and only used in dire need...

Quote Originally Posted by Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze View Post
    Elephants were strong irl.

There's a reason India was never conquered (except by some Saka tribes. But they didn't even get to the "core" of India, where most kingdoms would be able to have forces of several hundreds, if not thousands of elephants).

Greeks will be less OP in RoPIII, and elephants will only be recruitable in India (and they'll cost a lot).
    1. sind and a few other citys was conquered by the persians.

2.admit it they are just way too stronger in rop than any other mod or the orginal rtw.

3.yes india should be hard to conquer but it shouldn't be so expendable in v2 they are so thirsty for new lands which isn't correct they should be like the saba and kush they shouldn't be so warlike.

4. your speaking about the rop time frame when you say they were never conquered right cause as long as I remember they were conquered by kurosh,
    nader (an iranian king ho fought the afghans and Indians , the britanians and the French, so they wasn't hard to conquer in history Britain was .
    BOM to Kakabis

sind and a few other citys was conquered by the persians.
    I mentioned the "core" of India, which wasn't conquered by the Persians

admit it they are just way too stronger in rop than any other mod or the orginal rtw.
    Did I ever deny?

3.yes india should be hard to conquer but it shouldn't be so expendable in v2 they are so thirsty for new lands which isn't correct they should be like the saba and kush they shouldn't be so warlike.
    Agreed

4. your speaking about the rop time frame when you say they were never conquered right cause as long as I remember they were conquered by kurosh,
    nader (an iranian king ho fought the afghans and Indians , the britanians and the French, so they wasn't hard to conquer in history Britain was .
    I'm generally speaking pre-gunpowder, of course

Set them up to some kind of turtler attitude in the EDU. I forgot which character was a turtle, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze View Post
    I mentioned the "core" of India, which wasn't conquered by the Persians

Did I ever deny?

Agreed

I'm generally speaking pre-gunpowder, of course
    cool ! glad that you agree

BTW: india was conquered 3 times by the persians before gunpower.

by : kurosh, mohammad ghaznavi and nader e afshar
    BOM to Kakabis

BTW: india was conquered 3 times by the persians before gunpower.
    Mainly be people using either the same weapons or a cavalry based army. You get the idea; neither Greeks not Persians should really be able to conquer them without a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by the persian Immortal View Post
    by : kurosh,
    He didn't conquer too much of it.
    mohammad ghaznavi
    He was not Persian
    and nader e afshar
    He only sacked a couple of northern kingdoms.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast